Any pitbull owners out there?

Options

Replies

• zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I worked at a pet store for many years. There were many pits who came in regularly and they were wonderful. The one I miss the most was a huge male Staffie. He wasn't tall, he was broad and muscular with a HUGE head. Blue brindle, intact male, cropped ears. He looked terrifying. Or he would have until you noticed that he was wiggling from the nose back, and if you made eye contact he would just collapse in a heap on your feet and ask for a belly rub. The only dangerous part about him was his tail. I got a few bruises from that tail.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I have a red pit. He's 87 pounds of stupid.

He walks into walls, falls up the stairs, and cries if he doesn't know where my youngest is. Seriously, if she ever goes to summer camp, I'm gonna have to buy ear plugs.

AAAHH!!! There's another one. I thought my Zen was the only dog to fall UP the stairs. And he's run into a few doors/walls too. He's not very bright but he's very sweet. He tries hard.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I have a red pit. He's 87 pounds of stupid.

He walks into walls, falls up the stairs, and cries if he doesn't know where my youngest is. Seriously, if she ever goes to summer camp, I'm gonna have to buy ear plugs.

AAAHH!!! There's another one. I thought my Zen was the only dog to fall UP the stairs. And he's run into a few doors/walls too. He's not very bright but he's very sweet. He tries hard.

my Lola falls up the stairs all the time...she just gets so excited and next thing I know she's half up the stairs on her back with this WTF? How did I do that? Look on her face...it's SO cute.
  • MisChef
    MisChef Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    This is Noodles, my 6 yr old Staffordshire Terrier (AKA pitbull) 45 lbs of solid muscle, and very sweet and affectionate.

She's all black except for one toe on her "passenger side" left foot, go figure!

WITH EYEBROWS!

Not only did she sit still for the makeup (silver eyeliner), but also for the photos!

NoodlesWithEyebrows_sm.jpg (damn that took a long time to figure out!)
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    This is Noodles, my 6 yr old Staffordshire Terrier (AKA pitbull) 45 lbs of solid muscle, and very sweet and affectionate.

She's all black except for one toe on her "passenger side" left foot, go figure!

WITH EYEBROWS!

Not only did she sit still for the makeup (silver eyeliner), but also for the photos!

Such a sad face...how could you say no to that lol
  • skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    BZWmU.jpg
    My lil one! A true fighter :laugh: .. as you can see! Silly lil thing, she's 3 years old now.

I have tons of pics of my dogs doing stuff like that. lol. we call it ufc play. I take videos and go through them looking for funny pics like that.
  • skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    I am glad to see that there are many loving, respectable pit bull owners using MFP. My first reaction to this post was to say they should be banned.... I am sorry, you all care about your dog and appear to have good animals. Where I live (safe, rural North Dakota), every person that owns a Pit Bull lives in a meth house, only come out at night, and leave the dog chained up all day with no water. or they are people that just want to appear "tough" and again, don't take care of their dog. I do NOT have a good impression of these dogs, and still would never go near one, nor let my children near one. Yes, stupid people have stupid dogs and do stupid things. ... those people have stupid kids (if the dogs doesn't eat them first).

I also agree on the small dogs "or yippee" dogs as we call them. Totally useless!

I prefer my Golden Retriever to any dog I've had I also have 2 black labs - Good for hunting and fetch-endurance contests, that is about it. My Golden is gentle, easy going, plays, protects and best of all-- kills mice!

It sounds like the problem is where you live and the type of people there, not the dogs.
  • saramariebabyy
    Options
  • MisChef
    MisChef Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    This is Noodles, my 6 yr old Staffordshire Terrier (AKA pitbull)

Yeah, everyone says she has a sad little pouty-face! Some say that may mean she's part boxer? She's a pound-rescue, so we have no idea, and I'm not interested enough to find out via a DNA test.
  • AmyMalley77
    AmyMalley77 Posts: 72 Member
    Options

WITH EYEBROWS!

See, and I bet those eyebrows did wonderful for her self-esteem too! They get so sad when everyone thinks they are so mean and are scared of them!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    We rescued a pit that a neighbor abandoned. Sweet 1 year old girl. She has since been rehomed (we didn't have the space, unfortunately.)
    VERY smart, obedient, and STROOOOOOOONG doggie. Got a real new appreciation for the breed.
  • lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    This is Noodles, my 6 yr old Staffordshire Terrier (AKA pitbull)

Yeah, everyone says she has a sad little pouty-face! Some say that may mean she's part boxer? She's a pound-rescue, so we have no idea, and I'm not interested enough to find out via a DNA test.

She definitely looks part Boxer! Mine is a Boxer/Pit and her face looks just like that.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    There is only one in my eyes

http://stuffonscoutshead.com/

omg seriously tearing up at my desk.... Those are hilarious

I wish Rocco would sit still long enough for me to do that to him, laugh my butt off, and take the picture
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I have a pitty. He is the biggest baby seriously. So much so most people do not believe he is. I would put an image up put I am not sure how. But I have several in my photos.

One warning though. If left alone he will escape a locked kennel through locked doors just so he doesn't have to be alone and go to the neighbors. Luckily I have amazing neighbors who love him.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    675779_8110.jpg
    y.jpg
  • alaina216
    alaina216 Posts: 103
    Options
    ♥♥♥ This thread and all the pics! I love my pitbull...she is an overgrown lapdog lol! Gotta find pics of my Queenie ♥
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    My profile pic is my 3-yr-old pit named Cassidy. Best dog I've ever owned - and been a pit owner for a LONG time!
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Can I include my Boston who thinks she's a pit?

16853_1338952194904_1264125022_30991991_5183566_n.jpg

This is so cute! Miss my Boston personally they remind me of mini pits!

My boston/corgi mix just got my Pit bull pregnant so I am going to have mini pits on my hands...lol... they are too cute wish I had pics with me at work, I would post them!
  • hmgarcia83
    hmgarcia83 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    we dont have one yet but we want at least one but might end up with 2 we cant decide red,blue, or brindle lol i use to groom dogs and people were always like you groom pits, we never had a pit or rott even try to nip guess how many 'family friendly' dogs bit and broke skin? too many to count i also have a dog trainer friend who has 2 pits and a pig
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    We're not allowed them in the UK!

I wish was there was a way of banning the bad dog owner breed.

Here the rescue centres are full of staffies which have been briefly owned as accessories and then dumped. I am thinking of taking one as my next dog (Current dog is a rescued Spanish hunting Podenco - but I think we may have room for another little one...)