CHALLENGE! NO ALCOHOL AUGUST!

Options

Replies

• chris2365
    chris2365 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm 100%. My weight gain over the last three years has been accompanied by a step up in my drinking. Compounding the alcohol calories is the fact that I (a) eat more when I drink and (b) am lazier and don't get in as much exercise, then the pleasures of a drink (or 3 or 5) are not worth it.
  • kaittx13
    kaittx13 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am in!!

I think my drinking is sabotaging my healthy eating and exercising! I have been doing great on both.. but the alcohol is keeping the scale from moving! (at least thats my theory)..
    I am totally up for seeing if cutting out all alcohol will help!

good luck to everyone!!
  • rrrbecca11
    rrrbecca11 Posts: 477
    Options
    Lord ain't it the truth!!? I'm at the weight I want to be, and I'm running and lifting like a fiend, but my little jelly roll is owed to the brews and I know it.

However, I'm not sure I'm ready for this challenge.

Maybe when the weather cools off. :wink:
  • dash108
    dash108 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Not trying to spoil your fun or anything.....

Just noticed that all these drinks are certainly not helping me get off this plateau. Too many parties, too much partying.

They add up!

So I'm saying bye-bye to beers and spiked lemonade, no more wine and nary a jello shot shall pass these lips for the month of August.

Anyone else want in?

Comment once to commit.

Then we'll come back September 1st!

I will be with you in spirits....

see what I did there?

Ditto! :drinker:
  • SAMSON25
    SAMSON25 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've definitely cut back and it's helped a ton. This coincides with the final month of my program also, so count me in!
  • KayeeDaisyBee
    Options
    I'm in.
  • Colofit
    Colofit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have Aug off work (work in a school) so nooooo way but would love to do it in Sept if anyone is up for it!?!?! Good luck to all of you in Aug!!!
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Not trying to spoil your fun or anything.....

Just noticed that all these drinks are certainly not helping me get off this plateau. Too many parties, too much partying.

They add up!

So I'm saying bye-bye to beers and spiked lemonade, no more wine and nary a jello shot shall pass these lips for the month of August.

Anyone else want in?

Comment once to commit.

Then we'll come back September 1st!

I will be with you in spirits....

see what I did there?

hehehe
  • TheLittleKittie
    Options
    In. I have an event im training for and I know this will massively help performance!
  • cpaman87
    cpaman87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I only indulge in moderation. This includes not only alcohol but food that I shouldn't eat. Too much of anything can be bad.
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :huh:
  • GeorgiaTina
    Options
    I'm in...no wine in August :)
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I'm super confused by those posting to say they can't/won't/don't need to join this challenge.

All you special snowflakes and procrastinators GTFO!

;)
  • bkii
    bkii Posts: 1
    Options
    Not a problem, been off for July and August. I'm In - Will not drink alcohol until my vacation in September !
  • mlkiel
    mlkiel Posts: 91
    Options
    I'm in...talk about a challenge, let's do this!!
  • MrsGrinde
    MrsGrinde Posts: 8
    Options
    I will attempt this challenge with you!

I am also going to try and eliminate all sweets!

Oh man here we go :o)
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    I will attempt this challenge with you!

I am also going to try and eliminate all sweets!

Oh man here we go :o)

Is that a beer you're hoding in the profile pic, LOL?! I am in. I was thinking about doing this anyway as a personal challenge. One month of eating right and meeting my fitness goals. Although I do enjoy my happy hours...what to do, what to do?
  • UWZander
    UWZander Posts: 70
    Options
    If it encourages you I wrote this for another forum posting:
    If I were to quote a chemical dependency councilor I know, alcohol reduces your metabolism by ~70% depending on average stats. And excessive drinking over time causes your liver to swell from the toxins causing the 'beer gut' people think is just from all the carbs. Everything in moderation and if you are struggling with your weight the last thing you want is to bog your body down with alcohol. That includes an occasional glass of wine with dinner.

Giving up alcohol is a very good decision.
  • metalvegan
    metalvegan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Totally drug and alcohol free here. I'll give up processed sugar with you guys though! ... ugh I'm already regretting this :laugh:
  • HannahDiaz25
    HannahDiaz25 Posts: 104
    Options
    AHK! I cant do it :-( I need my wine...Id rather cut out pretty much anything else. Good luck with your challenge though!! You are all better men and women then I! :wink: