Wondering what kind of car everyone on here has

Options

Replies

• Lambeze
    Lambeze Posts: 237
    Options
    2012 Dodge Dorange that is a burnt red and a light blue 98 Ford Explorer Eddie Bower edition. That's my work car but it has after market stuff. Very fast and bad on gas.
  • simonsaysso
    simonsaysso Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    3 drivers in the family - 3 cars

2003 Honda accord V6-over 100,000 miles and still going strong. It's my husbands car and he hates it when you move the seat so I don't drive it too much.

2008 Toyota Rav 4-It was my car up until a couple of months ago when my son claimed it. Nice car - roomy, easy to drive. The only negative: I should have gotten a 6 cyl for more power but the gas mileage is pretty good for a small SUV. Good first car for my son.

2012 Nissan altima V6- My car - it was supposed to be my husband's new car but when my son took the rav I got the altima. Nice ride, good gas mileage - no issues so far.
  • shell3986
    shell3986 Posts: 98
    Options
    I drive a white 2009 Mazda6. I loovveee my car and it gets great gas mileage. I've had it for almost 3 years and have had zero problems with it.
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    My 335i. I bought it because it's an incredibly well engineered and balanced vehicle that has form and function. I can slam 11 second 1/4 miles and spin rubber through 4th or cruise gently in route to a dinner.
    6170a90a.jpg

And my Celica...The Tom Celica. I get back and forth to wherever in this vehicle, it gets 450 to a tank, cost 40 to fill, looks decent, and handles great making for an enjoyable drive. Best of all, it needs little maintenance to perform optimally.

IMG_0638.jpg
  • alex88carolina
    Options
    1994 Saleen Mustang, and a 1998 Ford Explorer XLT.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    2007 Jeep Liberty. She's a sweetheart...
  • obolton756
    obolton756 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    2011 black ford fiesta - manual transmission.. can't stand automatic...

LOVE IT. great milage!

would recommend it to people who don't want a massive car. :D
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    A chicago transit card! That's my ride!
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    2012 nissan altima navy blue 4 door

I love every single thing about it.. except the seat material attracts and holds everything..dust and hair. So I have to vacuum weekly
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    hmmmm, I wonder what kind of bike everyone on here has

2010 Trek Navigator :wink:
  • Nteeter
    Nteeter Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    mycamaro.jpg

My Blue Heaven

2002 Z28 Camaro w/ T-Tops
  • Tender78
    Tender78 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have a 2012 Nissan Juke. I got it in December.

Had never heard of this so I googled it and...OMG!!! IT COMES IN PURPLE!!! EEK! :love:
  • Jenny111372
    Jenny111372 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    2010 Silver Dodge Journey... I was driving a 2001 Bronze Chevy Blazer and was very happy with it until my husband wrecked his work car. He took the Blazer and bought me a car a few months later for Valentine's Day. I was originally looking to get a mini van since I've always have extra kids with me it seems but my husband didn't want another mini van so we compromised with the Journey. It has a third row with 2 seats but it's cramped if you aren't little..lol..

The pros with it are it has 3 charging port things..1 regular outlet..storage under the passenger seat..storage under the floor mats in the second row..a little storage compartment on the top of the dash and a cooler type thing above the cubby hole which holds 2 cans of pop or water. It seats 7

The cons so far since I've only had it a year and a half is that 3rd back row is kinda cramped. The interior is light colored for my taste..especially with kids! :)
  • chillywilly29
    Options
    It rips!! Both are soo much fun to ride! The FZ6 is a great beginner bike, especially if you've never really been on a motorcycle before, the Z1000 has a lot of power and is great for zooming around on the country roads around where I live! We actually used to have a Kawasaki ZR7S, but my husband and was in an accident with it last summer--he is fine now, but the bike was totalled. Our advice to everyone who is starting out riding (meaning has not owned a motorcycle before) is start out smaller, 600-750, then once you have experience you can always upgrade. It is more fun to drive a "slow" motorcycle fast than a "fast" motorcycle slow! =-)

i love those fz's i'm looking into getting an fz6 seems like a great ride, and how is that liter bike? I am so jealous you have the two I want lol.

good advice, ok i hate seeing people ask this question but I have my own opinion already lol, so ive ridden dirt bikes since i was 3, i am 25 now and ride a kx450 and am totally used to it. What bike would I be ok getting given that I have an ok ego and understand the rules of the road lol.
  • chillywilly29
    Options
    My daily transportation:

n0qqukhbud_216303832.jpg

It'll do 100mph in second gear and pick the front wheel up going into third.

It also gets about 45mpg, lol.

Pro's: OMG COOL! and fast. and not all that bad on gas.
    Con's: rides a little...wait, there's no real cons, and women passengers go freakin bananas over it :-)

dream bike, i love the **** out of those daytona's beautiful bike i plan on getting one eventually
  • Skyyy12
    Skyyy12 Posts: 24
    Options
    2012 Nissan Altima (Ocean Grey color).. Her name is Lovely.. :)
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    good advice, ok i hate seeing people ask this question but I have my own opinion already lol, so ive ridden dirt bikes since i was 3, i am 25 now and ride a kx450 and am totally used to it. What bike would I be ok getting given that I have an ok ego and understand the rules of the road lol.

That's going to depend on a lot of things. If you're looking for a supersport...well, I'd recommend you not get one as your first street bike. Those that recommend a 600-750 as a first bike, are hopefully not recommending a supersport. I've been on regular sport bikes, and as you see I own a Daytona 675 (supersport) now, and the difference is literally night and day.

Now, that being said...the Daytona is my first actual bike I've owned. It does everything I could possibly ask of it, and more. If you're not careful though...it's the more that will get you killed. IF you get a supersport as your first...ride it every day. Ride it everywhere. Ride it VERY conservatively, and when you think you can handle it...STILL ride it very conservatively. The majority of motorcycle accidents don't happen in the first or second year of a riders career, but in the third, when their confidence is REALLY helping them push limits.

Also...anyone who thinks a 600 supersport is any different than a 1000 when it comes to 'learning' is crackers. My bike makes 130hp at 11000 or so, makes around 50lb/ft of torque from 2500rpm on, weighs 400lbs, is telepathically responsive, and if you accidentally crack the throttle 1/8" going over a pothole at virtually any rpm, is likely to bring the front wheel off the ground, and just might toss you off the back with zero warning.

They aren't toys.
    dream bike, i love the **** out of those daytona's beautiful bike i plan on getting one eventually

Thanks :). I've been on gixxers, CBR RR's, R6's, etc...and I'll tell you this, no bike is better made for me, my personality, and my goals on a motorcycle...than the Daytona 675's.
  • chillywilly29
    Options

That's going to depend on a lot of things. If you're looking for a supersport...well, I'd recommend you not get one as your first street bike. Those that recommend a 600-750 as a first bike, are hopefully not recommending a supersport. I've been on regular sport bikes, and as you see I own a Daytona 675 (supersport) now, and the difference is literally night and day.

Now, that being said...the Daytona is my first actual bike I've owned. It does everything I could possibly ask of it, and more. If you're not careful though...it's the more that will get you killed. IF you get a supersport as your first...ride it every day. Ride it everywhere. Ride it VERY conservatively, and when you think you can handle it...STILL ride it very conservatively. The majority of motorcycle accidents don't happen in the first or second year of a riders career, but in the third, when their confidence is REALLY helping them push limits.

Also...anyone who thinks a 600 supersport is any different than a 1000 when it comes to 'learning' is crackers. My bike makes 130hp at 11000 or so, makes around 50lb/ft of torque from 2500rpm on, weighs 400lbs, is telepathically responsive, and if you accidentally crack the throttle 1/8" going over a pothole at virtually any rpm, is likely to bring the front wheel off the ground, and just might toss you off the back with zero warning.

They aren't toys.

Thanks :). I've been on gixxers, CBR RR's, R6's, etc...and I'll tell you this, no bike is better made for me, my personality, and my goals on a motorcycle...than the Daytona 675's.

well said, i was thinking of getting a supersport but i really like some of the fz's. I had thought about getting a liter bike as my first for the street but am a little afraid after hearing horror stories. Knowing myself though I think I would fair well on one
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    2006 Mustang GT Convertible. Screaming Yellow with Black Racing Stripes.

IMG_4239.jpg

IMG_4237.jpg

IMG_4242.jpg
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    well said, i was thinking of getting a supersport but i really like some of the fz's. I had thought about getting a liter bike as my first for the street but am a little afraid after hearing horror stories. Knowing myself though I think I would fair well on one

Thanks man...just looking out for you. It's important that you respect them, yes (and I'm sure you will)...but that's like saying it's important that you respect a pet rattlesnake. All the respect in the world, and one slip will net you a hospital trip. And just like a pet rattlesnake...the longer you have it...the more comfortable, and less careful you are, lol.

And I'm not sure what you meant by litre bike...if you meant THOSE supersports lol...God be with you my friend =p. They're heavier, stupidly powerful, and that much less responsive to rider input.

Not a recipe for a newbie lol.

Anyhow, it's certainly possible to be a successful first time rider with a 600 class supersport. But if you do some searches through the online communities...you'll see that success rate is very slim. A litre class supersport as a first bike is exponentially less likely to net success. When success means living and/or not being crippled, that's kind of a big deal.

Anyway...good luck! And if you do pick one up...make sure to let me know what you chose. The Daytona's are near and dear to my heart...so I certainly couldn't condemn you for picking on of those lol...but if you do, please take my advice/warnings seriously. As I said...they aren't toys.