New C25K for the New Year

Options
Hi.
I'm looking for people who plan to start the C25K running program in the new year. I've talked about starting for ages and made some half-hearted attempts at the treadmill. Time to get serious.

Anyone interested?

Replies

• CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'll join you!!! I started it a while back and made it to week 3. I haven't managed to make it to the gym in a few weeks now. I'm thinking of just starting over. I'm hoping that if I join a group I'll stick with it this time. I need someone to make me accountable!!!!
  • sld63
    sld63 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'll join you!!! I started it a while back and made it to week 3. I haven't managed to make it to the gym in a few weeks now. I'm thinking of just starting over. I'm hoping that if I join a group I'll stick with it this time. I need someone to make me accountable!!!!

I'm in the same boat...so I'm in too!

When are we starting?
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    :happy: I'll give it a shot. I just looked at the site and it appears to be doable for me (old leg injuries--and just a "bit" older than you!). I just started the 30 Day Shred and want something to do on the days in between.
    I'll be doing my running inside, though, for now. I don't want to get too far from a surface I can collapse on! :laugh:
    When do we start?
    Kathy
  • timeforchange
    Options
    Hey! I'm interested!
    I've already downloaded the app for my iphone and plan on starting Jan 2nd, so count me in!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've done a couple of trial days and I think it's totally doable (at least week 1 :laugh: ). I've never run or jogged but love to walk... so let's give it a shot!! :flowerforyou:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I'm in, too. I've started already but I took a week off around the holidays and had to move back to Week 3 when I started again yesterday. I just consider myself 3 weeks ahead of my own schedule because originally in September I had planned starting in January. You guys will catch up to me in no time, I'm sure because I've been struggling to get past week 4 for a couple weeks now.
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    I'd like to do this as well. Have started it a couple different times, but never made it past week 3. I do a lot of the walk/jog intervals, so being able to complete a 5K would be a good goal. When are we starting?
  • lcmartin
    lcmartin Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I've already downloaded it all and was going to make it my new years goal. I've never ran a day in my life, but soon will be a runner!
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'd like to do this as well. Have started it a couple different times, but never made it past week 3. I do a lot of the walk/jog intervals, so being able to complete a 5K would be a good goal. When are we starting?

Yay!! It's Kelly!!
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options

Yay!! It's Kelly!!

Hey there Green Pepper! Glad to be sharing this with ya! We can do it and be in agony together!
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Did a trial run :wink: yesterday and think I can do this. I may find myself staying at the different weeks longer than it says but that's okay, too. :smile:

I've downloaded a podcast and now have to figure out how to get it on my new phone! :tongue:

I do a lot of walking but haven't run in YEARS so I'm going to take it slow. I don't want to give up on this. :happy:

Kathy
  • melissahager
    Options
    I'm in as well! I plan to start tomorrow (January 1st). If we all start within 2 or 3 days of eachother that should be good. Are we tracking measurements and weight? I plan to measure and weigh tomorrow...
    Melissa
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Hi.
    I'm looking for people who plan to start the C25K running program in the new year. I've talked about starting for ages and made some half-hearted attempts at the treadmill. Time to get serious.

Anyone interested?

Me, me, me!! I was planning on starting the C25k program next week, and I would be sooo happy to have a group of people to run with and be accountable to...

Long story short, I did a C25k-type program in 2003 and then ran in two 5 mile races that summer (=8k for the metric folks), so I can guarantee you that it works, if you stick to it!! I had never run before I started, and although I never did get excited about doing the actual workouts beforehand, I was always thrilled with my accomplishments afterward. But then, I got complacent after the wedding, and then there were a few pregnancies... lots of "excuses" not to run.

I'm done with the excuses, and ready to roll! Or should I say, ready to run?!
  • Jessica133
    Options
    I would love to join. I have been wanting to do this for a long time. I started before and than quit on like week 3.
  • brownchristian
    brownchristian Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Where is the info on the C25K?
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I started on Wednesday. Plan to run again on Friday and Sunday. Hopefuly I won't be too exhausted from the party tonight to run tomorrow!
  • stahlight
    Options
    I just completed week four today! After a year of fits and stops... Go Go Go! :drinker: <-- drink ur water too :)
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Where is the info on the C25K?

you can find some info here http://www.c25k.com/

I am going to start next week when we get back in the gym.
  • melissahager
    Options
    I'm in as well! I plan to start tomorrow (January 1st). If we all start within 2 or 3 days of eachother that should be good. Are we tracking measurements and weight? I plan to measure and weigh tomorrow...
    Melissa

Let's be real... it's new years day and too much good football on to start. Saturday seems more realistic... even God took a day to rest! And I actually did my Shred video before going out last night! That counts for something right??
    Melissa
  • steph1499
    Options
    Im starting it on Jan 4th. Im doing it every other day and biking on the others. 5 days a week Im going to do this. Im nervous and excited. But I want to lose this weight and I thats the day Im also going to quit smoking. So I figured why not do it all at once. So Im in.