Summer Challenge

Options

Replies

• andreamkelly
    andreamkelly Posts: 169
    Options
    bump so I don't have to hunt in the morning for the new posting. Hope everyone had a great week!! :flowerforyou:
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    I'll get the challenges up tomorrow
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    My weigh in this morning was a huuuuge disappointment :-( 152.8

I've pretty much lost 0.2lbs in 6 weeks - no idea what I'm doing wrong at all!!

Good luck everyone!! x
  • bunjijk
    bunjijk Posts: 44
    Options
    Blah! No change this week. 213.6 lbs. :( Getting frustrated!!! I need to start owning my challenge and moving my butt!!!!
  • NYAngel1089
    NYAngel1089 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    SW= 170 lbs
    Wi1= 168.6 lbs
    Wi2= 166 lbs
    Wi3= 164.6lbs
    Wi4= 163.5 lbs
    Wi5= 165 lbs
    Wi6= 163.2
    Wi7= 164.2
    Wi8= 163lbs

Wi9= 161.5
    finally made it below 163!!! i hope it lasts tho. I was sick thurs and fri and didnt eat those days so idk if the loss is from then.
    but im gonna try to keep it low and go lower!! after a 10 minute argument with myself to get up and get ready for the gym, im off to the gym in a bit!

- Make sure you get fruits and/or vegetables with each meal you eat
    did it 7/25, 7/30 -been sick, couldn’t eat.
    - Pick a neglected part of you body and work on it -
    focusing on my tummy, crunches! - couldn’t do much after getting sick but I did get 2 days of 100 crunches and 20 double crunches
    - Get yourself something that's going to encourage more of your weight loss
    couldn’t think of anything, and never went out anywhere
  • Brinasacat
    Brinasacat Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Topic: Summer Challenge
    SW. 188.7
    6/05 186.9
    6/12 187.7
    6/19 181.9
    6/26 181.9
    7/03: 180.1
    7/10: 178.9
    7/17 178.3
    7/24 176.9
    7/31 176.4
    GW: 168

I put endomondo on my smart phone to record my kayaking and boating activites. Didn't get my fruits and veggies in....I have been on a lobster kick the past week (they're cheap right now). Working on my butt...or a pain in my left butt, don't know if it's sciatica or a pseudo-sciatica, ice and motrin helps! I'm still losing weight, although it's slower than I'd like. At least I'm still fighting the battle.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    To those people who have managed to lose weight during this challenge, congratulations! Summer is a tough time to do it!

It makes me sad to see how many of the people who started the challenge have given up along the way and dropped out, but I'm glad to see that so many have continued on, even when they've had a bad couple of weeks.

I can't even begin to count the number of times over the last 30 years I've started on a diet with a set weight goal and goal date in mind and made it through a few days or weeks and then give up when I've had a bad weigh in, or a day (or week) of not eating right (or not exercising because of feeling poorly or not having the opportunity) and did so badly that I didn't record what I DID eat and do, and then just gave up completely.

This time around I have finally realized that being honest with myself and keeping track of the food and exercise transgressions, correcting or making up for those things I can and accepting and learning from those things I can't have actually helped me get right back on track and stick with this challenge and others.

Right now I'm hosting a cousin from the UK for 3 weeks. We have done a lot of all day sightseeing, and as a result have been eating out more in the past 2 weeks than I have done all year. I've also not been able to do my usual exercise routine while he's here. Now, in the past this would have totally been a deal breaker for my diet, and I probably would have put off getting back on the diet and exercise routine until the first week of January (you know the drill -- too many summer picnics to diet, beginning of school functions with PTA supplied goodies left over that we can't bear to throw away, Halloween goodies, Thanksgiving, Christmas cookies -- all those excuses why not to get back to eating right, too hot out to walk or exercise, no time to do it, no facilities to exercise while on vacation etc.). But this time around I am recording everything, being aware of everything, and not letting the meals out or missed exercises derail things!

For this challenge I am still on track, which I'm thrilled about. For another challenge I'm on, I know I won't make my goal, but I will still have lost weight and for me that's the important thing.

I guess what I'm saying is that for those people who are thinking about dropping out of this challenge because they might not make their goal, haven't been losing as quickly as they'd like, have hit a plateau, have gained, have been eating things they shouldn't or not exercising like they should, or just haven't felt motivated: pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and just get back to it! Record everything, the good and the bad, as best you can. Be honest with yourself and recognize where you fell short and why, and where you were strong and why. There is still a month left of the challenge -- even if you have gained since the beginning you still have a month left to lose at least something, and that's a win in my book! Don't give up on yourself! You can do this!!

Thanx so much for posting this. I needed it this morning. The week prior to and post my mini vacay has been a mess and I have been stuck at 196 for almost 3 weeks and it has been so discouraging and I have been beating myself up all morning because I knew today was weigh in. However seeing this has given me strength to continue on this journey. we still have a month left to turn any failures or setbacks around. I can certainly lose the 7lbs I have left til summer goal as long as I am diligent with my eating and workouts. Thanx again :happy:
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Top 5 Losers for the Week:
    1. inskydiamonds - 4
    2. ingalynn - 2.8
    3. kateva143 - 2
    4. bobby172 - 1.6
    5. cherriewilliams - 1.5

Top 10 Losers for the Challenge:
    1. kateva143 - 22.6
    2. andreamkelly - 22.4
    3. ingalynn - 14.1
    4. cateyes0831 - 13
    5. brianascat - 11.8
    6. devonette - 10
    7. chichi128 - 9.9
    8. curvimami & dajackson81 - 9
    9. zerbe6982 - 8.6

Good job! Keep it up!

This was also very appreciated this morning. Is it crazy that I almost cried? I have felt like such a failure staying at 196 for so long when I was doing so well before, and to see that I have lost 9lbs thus far and am in the top 10 is so motivating. Even though I am certain I wont make the goal I set for July of 194 (when I weigh in after work) I can certainly make my summer goal of 189. 7lbs by 8/31 is completely doable. This post along with the other I quoted gave me the boost I needed to pick myself up and dust myself off. We can do this everyone. 31 days and it is possible to lose some more :smile:
  • bobby172
    bobby172 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    163.1 cw
  • chichi128
    chichi128 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN TIME.....

SW 214
    6/5 208
    6/12 207.9
    6/19 206.8
    6/26 205.9
    7/3 205.5
    7/10 203.9
    7/17 205
    7/24 204.1

7/31 203.0

I just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU to everyone!! this has been the greatest community and the best motivation i have ever experienced! i'm so glad to have joined this group of people for such an awesome challenge.

i've come to the realization over the weekend that i probably wont reach my goal for this challenge of 185lbs...i'm pretty bummed about it but i know that there is no one or thing to blame but myself for it. I am happy that i am slowly losing weight and i know i will eventually reach my goals..its just going to take a little longer than i thought. my new goal for the remaining 4 weeks is to lose 8lbs to bring me to 195.

I wish all of you the BEST OF LUCK in reaching your goals!!!!
  • andreamkelly
    andreamkelly Posts: 169
    Options
    I made it to onederland on Saturday and I was 198 this morning! To be honest, I didn't remember the challenges last week. I need to post them on my computer so I can remember what they are and DO THEM!. I did get fruits and veggies, but not always at each meal. Didn't remember to focus on a neglected body part... (unless the 90 minute bike ride that killed my butt would count.) My son and I went shopping and bought items to make bike rides more enjoyable and I bought padded shorts to wear. I also hit Academy and ****'s clearance racks for workout clothes and a swim suit that I need to 'grow down' to.
  • araxiedyck
    araxiedyck Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    137 yay, down 1 pound, at least the scale is going in the right direction now. I have set a new goal weight of 128 which I think will still be hard but more realistic. Pretty sure I won't make that by Aug 28th.
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My Summer Challenge week 9 results:

Challenge SW 5/29: 158
    Week 1 - 6/5: 157
    Week 2 - 6/12: 155.5
    Week 3 - 6/19: 153.5
    Week 4 - 6/26: 152.5
    Week 5 - 7/3: 151.5
    Week 6 - 7/10: 150.5
    Week 7 - 7/17: 149
    Week 8 - 7/24: 148

Week 9 - 7/31: 146.5 (1.5 lbs lost since last week)

Challenge GW:143 (total 11.5 lbs. lost toward goal since start of challenge, 3.5 lbs. to go!)

week 9 additional challenges:
    1) I have had at least one fruit or vegetable at each meal, and at least one fruit or vegetable (usually more) for a snack during the day each day. Challenge met!

2) I haven't felt like I've neglected any part of of the body (I rotate to a different part each day for working out), but I did spend extra time on my triceps this week. Challenge met!

3) We are going on vacation to Walt Disney World for a week in August, so I ordered one of the little Salter pocket sized travel food scales to take with us, and it's due to arrive in today according to the shipping status! I hear it only weighs up to 8 oz. at a time so I can't put a plate on it, but it's definitely going to encourage me to stay on track at all those yummy restaurants in Walt Disney World and won't be a pain to haul around with me like my regular food scale is! Challenge met!
  • garbor16
    garbor16 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    CW: 133.2 .4 loss, but in the right direction. I'll take it!

I did pretty good on the fruit/veggies. I could not pick a neglected body part except choosing the entire body! As far as encouraging weight loss,I looked into which workout video I would like to try next. Anyone here tried "Turbo Jam" ? Or I seen Women's Health has a new series, "SpeedShed". I'm just wrapping up the 30 Day Shred, and might try another round of that before making another purchase.

Good Luck and may August be good to us all!
  • zerbe6982
    zerbe6982 Posts: 68
    Options
    SW= 196 lbs

Wi1= 193.6 lbs
    Wi2= 192.6 lbs
    Wi3= 189.4 lbs
    Wi4= 190.4 lbs
    Wi5= 187.8 lbs
    Wi6= 187.8 lbs
    Wi7= 186.0 lbs
    Wi8= 187.4 lbs
    Wi9= 186.6 lbs

Loss this week = 0.8 lbs

Total Loss so far = 9.4 lbs
  • Collidoscopekid
    Collidoscopekid Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Weighing in at 180.6. That's a one pound loss for me this week. Wish I could have weighed in Saturday!I was down to 179.5. I think I am holding on to some water weight now because I did a lot of weight lifting yesterday. Hopefully I can keep going down on the scale!
  • ediaz1205
    ediaz1205 Posts: 2
    Options
    Slowly but surely...
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    TUESDAY WEIGH-IN:

SW: 185
    CW: 182.6
    GW: 170
  • MNJohn0
    MNJohn0 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Is this challenge open to newcomers? Where can I find the guidelines?

I'm at 194 today.
  • momshorses
    momshorses Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I'm at 169.1 today. Not a huge decrease, but I am happy to at least be going in the right direction. I am able to be a little more active again without my foot hurting quite as much, and I can feel the muscles starting to come back. I knew I was losing muscle when I could not do anything but sit and heal, but I didn't realize just how much. Or how much I missed it. I wish I could push my body more so I could lose the weight faster, but that is completely unrealistic right now.