Petite girls r u struggling w last 10 pounds??? 5'1" - 5'3"

Options

Replies

• jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the advise, however I got on the scale this morning and much to my displeasure I saw 119...I know alot of people think thats fine, but not for me ....maybe the high protein diet??? ughhhhhhhh!!!! so frusterated:grumble: :mad: :sad:
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I pretty much wrote my rollercoaster struggle on my profile. I won't write the whole thing down except to say I went up to 135 in Jan and struggled from Jan to May to lose 10 lbs. I 'd lose a pound or two, gain 3, lose 4, gain 5...etc.etc. 2 steps back, 1 step forward. I could not seem to escape 135! Talk about frustrating!

And then in May I did something extreme.

I started exercising less.

Focused on strength training. Dropped the cardio COMPLETELY. Slowly but surely the weight started dropping. 135 on my 5'3 frame does not look good. To some people. they would tell me it was fine. But to me it was not.

I like the weight where I am now. I am trying to be more focused on shape and less on the number on the scale. So far,it's working. I am currently doing the Venus Index workouts which I love.

Here's to us petite shorties! We can do it!

I think I may try your dropping the cardio and do competely strength training....it sounds like a good option for me to see some results, my weight is the same, gain 4, lose 5, gain 3 , lose 2...back and forth, i want to drop 10 and stay there!!
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    bump, yes, I'm the same. At 5'2-3 my body is happy at 119. My brain wants to be around 110.I'd be happy to see 115 again.

But it's not working :'(

I've been stuck at 117 for months..If anyone wants to addme, please do! Just mention that you're a petite girl so I know who you are :)
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Yep... Ive got the same problem. I can get down to close to my desired weight but I have trouble maintaining it. I always seem to be fighting with those same 5kg. However, I think the issue is me! The thing is I can't seem to commit to healthy eating and constant exersizing... By nature, I'm not athletic and I LOVE my food and wine! As soon as I get to my desired weight, I celebrate by going back to my old habits! But, I don't dislike the way I look when I'm heavier enough to stop myself frim enjoying living the way I want to - so I guess the fight will continue!
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    ughhhh yes. i want to be 105....but i cant push past 115 its so gross
  • Angiesolomon
    Angiesolomon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    It sounds crazy but I was determined to get to 108 but my body doesn't want to be less then 109. I know its only pound but it was really annoying!!! Anyway I've accepted this is the weight my body wants to be!!!
  • Kristan_Forsey
    Kristan_Forsey Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Strangely enough no, I'm not struggling. It is coming off faster than the first 35lbs to be honest. I just know so much more about nutrition and exercise now. 3.6 lbs to goal as of this morning :)
  • trudence1
    trudence1 Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm 5'3, my goal is 150 pounds (which I have been at forever). I've tried to lose 10-15 more pounds for literally 8 years, the only way I can do it is eating 1,200 calories -- which isn't sustainable for me. When I got to 135 people asked me if I was sick - my face basically sunk in, so I decided to eat more (1,600 calories) and see where I leveled off -- that was at 150. It used to bug me cause I am technically overweight at 150, but I wear a 8 and my measurements and body fat are in normal ranges.

It's entirely possible that your body just wants to be at 120. Just because we're shorties and can go lower doesn't mean we should.

Good luck.

Thank you for this. I needed to hear it.
  • RAWBMEOW
    RAWBMEOW Posts: 64
    Options
    5'2.5" here, i tend to stay around 129 getting down to 120 is nearly impossible, but i am determined. I work out 5-6 days a week 3 days cardio, 3days yoga. Though my body is changing, my weight isnt. I hold all my weight in my tummy and though my whole body is changing my stomach isnt budging. Really frustrating:( Feel free to add me my petite friends!
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I pretty much wrote my rollercoaster struggle on my profile. I won't write the whole thing down except to say I went up to 135 in Jan and struggled from Jan to May to lose 10 lbs. I 'd lose a pound or two, gain 3, lose 4, gain 5...etc.etc. 2 steps back, 1 step forward. I could not seem to escape 135! Talk about frustrating!

And then in May I did something extreme.

I started exercising less.

Focused on strength training. Dropped the cardio COMPLETELY. Slowly but surely the weight started dropping. 135 on my 5'3 frame does not look good. To some people. they would tell me it was fine. But to me it was not.

I like the weight where I am now. I am trying to be more focused on shape and less on the number on the scale. So far,it's working. I am currently doing the Venus Index workouts which I love.

Here's to us petite shorties! We can do it!

I am so glad to find this support. I completed 60 days of BBL and worked my butt off and finally reached 106 5 days ago untortunately the last two days, back at 109.6, I am so irratated. :sad: :sad:

I think I am sticking to low-carb, minimize exercise for this week. Concentrate on my diet and concentrate on 3 pounds at at time until I hit the same scale number 5 days in row. Let's report daily weight -ins. I am a 39 yo, failrly in good shape but JESUS, struggling to lose the 10 pounds I put on a year and a half a go. ..5 down, 7 up and 6 down, you get the picture. I want to hit 105 for 5 days straight!!
  • Jenny111372
    Jenny111372 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2.5" and the last 5 pounds..4.6 to be exact..are proving to be killer!! I've lost the first 40 fairly easy with counting calories and exercise but I'm coming up on week 2 of staying exactly the same weight so I'm trying to figure out why?? I've always been pretty strict about staying within my calorie goal for the day so in doing a little reading I found a suggestion of maybe eating at maintenance or a little over to see if that may get the scale moving again. I'm currently 124.6 and would love to be 120 but I really would love to just be able to lose some more inches..think hips and stomach..UGH! Good luck to everyone in reaching their goals! :)
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3, my goal is 150 pounds (which I have been at forever). I've tried to lose 10-15 more pounds for literally 8 years, the only way I can do it is eating 1,200 calories -- which isn't sustainable for me. When I got to 135 people asked me if I was sick - my face basically sunk in, so I decided to eat more (1,600 calories) and see where I leveled off -- that was at 150. It used to bug me cause I am technically overweight at 150, but I wear a 8 and my measurements and body fat are in normal ranges.

It's entirely possible that your body just wants to be at 120. Just because we're shorties and can go lower doesn't mean we should.

Good luck.

Thank you for this. I needed to hear it.

You're welcome.

And to the OP, do you measure yourself? If you stop cardio, focus on strength, and eat lots of protein, you are going to gain in muscle (and likely see a weight increase), but you'll actually be smaller...
  • lexiyoo
    lexiyoo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey girls! I had the same problem, so I started to reduce calories more and increase work outs more, BIG mistake! I'm a nurse practitioner and was talking to one my dieticians. She explained the whole plateau concept to me, and said I wasn't eating enough which was forcing my body into starvation and survival mode. She gave me some tips on getting more protein and fiber in my diet and PRESTO! Dropped a few more LBs, from eating more, hahah.
    You can also google the concept of weight plateau if you want to try to understand it to.
    good luck ladies.
  • mellabyte
    mellabyte Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hey there! 5'1" and working through my last 9lbs. It's rough and a lot slower than the beginning of the journey. But, this is the first time I've ever been below 115 since...I was probably a wee lass.

Everyone says to focus less on the scale and concentrate on weights. Which I've been trying to do. I'm hoping, though it's slow, that I'll at least start building lean muscle to help offset areas of myself that I still consider squishy. :) I probably need to severely cut starchy and grainy carbs and fats though. That's probably what's going to help me lose my middle the most. :/

I'm really worried about maintenance, once I get to my goal. >_>
  • MinglewoodBlues
    Options
    Bump.
  • beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am going through some of the same struggles. I am "almost" 5'2" and 42 years old. After losing 40 pounds since a year ago April the lowest weight I saw was 109 where I had been for about 4 months. I went on vacation in June and went up to 114. Even with the last month of my normal exercise and and cutting back on my calories I cannot seem to lose any of this weight. For some reason does my body like this weight? It wasn't easy to get to 109 but it wasn't this hard.
  • petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've been trying to lose "the last 10lbs" for two years now! 4'10 here and currently eight just under 110lbs.
  • SabrinaLC
    SabrinaLC Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling with my last 5lbs.
    I am 4'11" and weigh 105lbs
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I am going through some of the same struggles. I am "almost" 5'2" and 42 years old. After losing 40 pounds since a year ago April the lowest weight I saw was 109 where I had been for about 4 months. I went on vacation in June and went up to 114. Even with the last month of my normal exercise and and cutting back on my calories I cannot seem to lose any of this weight. For some reason does my body like this weight? It wasn't easy to get to 109 but it wasn't this hard.

I think my body loooooves being 135. One good thing I found out about myself...no matter how much JUNK I eat I usually don't go above 136 except for when I am pregnant of course!

It was easy losing the babyweight. June of 2011 I was about 156...

Sept- 112.

Jan- 135, Feb, 135-136, Mar 125-135, Apr 128-135....

May 135-128

yeah, my body definately loves being in the upper 20's to mid 30's....

Unfortunately.

Now I am in the high teens and low 20's. Hoping to stay here and enjoy where I am at now!
  • melcowenfitness
    melcowenfitness Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and lost 30 pounds by paying more attention to my nutrition. Great workouts help too but without fueling your body properly, you're not going to see the results you want. There are several things you could look at but it all boils down to two things. I just did a video about my personal experience of what has worked for me. http://youtu.be/kZbPZRzF66A

Mel