Vanity avatars

Options
I noticed a lot of skin pics (midriffs only poses) of the "skinnier" MFP members. Is this a "look at me, I'm so sexy aren't I?" thing or a "AND YOU TOO CAN HAVE A RAIL THIN STOMACH LIKE ME IF YOU KEEP AT IT?" message to the not so skinny MFP members? Just curious.

Replies

• DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    So thin people can't be proud of their body without it being an insult to bigger people?

Um, no.
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    ::chuckles::
  • Lauren2104xxxx
    Options
    It actually makes me feel less motivated by thinking I'll never get there! Ha
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Are you just curious? Sounds as though you've already made up your mind to me.

People have different photos for different reasons.
  • KaiHuk
    KaiHuk Posts: 49
    Options
    You mad broette ?
  • _Ivian
    _Ivian Posts: 198
    Options
    Both!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Honestly... does it matter? You are here for you. Why are worried about what another user is doing?
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    That's totally what I'm saying with my profile pic. Obviously.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I can't wait until I can have the confidence to post such an avatar... I think it's more of a "look what I did" type of thing... than a "nah nah nah nah nah nah" type of thing.
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I know some people didn't mean for it to happen since the cropping on here is kind of weird.

But hell, if I had an awesome stomach or back or any of that crap, I'd display it too!
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I'm quite proud of my midriff and don't appreciate being crucified for my bodacious bod!!!
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    cool story
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I think some people post those because it is something they worked for and they are proud of it. Others post pictures like that of themselves from the past or of others to motivate themselves.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    they worked for it, they can choose to show it.

i also have no problem with rich people driving nice cars or people hanging their diplomas on their walls.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Maybe they just worked their @sses off to get that flat tummy and are proud to show it off.

Does it really matter?
  • flobeedoodle
    flobeedoodle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    http://itaintwilliam.blogspot.com/2012/02/so-you-think-i-dress-like-*kitten*.html

This gives an interesting perspective on dressing (or failing to dress at all,) in a provocative manner.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    Both!

*this defanitly*
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I like bunnies.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    That's totally what I'm saying with my profile pic. Obviously.

Look at you, you're so sexy aren't you?

Uh, YEAH. She is. *high five*
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people are proud of the work they've done, and I also think they deserve to show it off! It's inspirational, they did it maybe I can to! Some people it comes easier to than others of course, I've seen a lot of people get frustrated with how many others out there seem to shed pounds like taking off a sweater, but still, the fact is, healthy eating and excercise work! If I see a sexy lookin avatar with a flat tummy and bubble but, yea i'm jealous but also hopefully one day I can post mine up!