Vanity avatars

Options

Replies

• tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I think they are just proud of their hard work and it is definitely motivation for me!

I see those and think "I can't wait to post mine!"
  • darnnells
    darnnells Posts: 37
    Options
    i dunno...i'm no where close to goal...i still have like 80 pounds to lose and i'm more than willing to post pics of what I AM proud of...see that???? that's my freaking collar bone...THAT is ....i'm blown away and amazed at the definition that I've accomplished in that area right now...

and i'm keeping an eye on my calves because I suspect they will be popping some pretty sweet definition soon...when it does, I'm SO going to post that pic...

why can't we be proud of what we have worked hard for...i have my Degree on the wall behind me in my office...i worked 4 hard years for that mofo....i deserve it...

i worke d HARD for that collarbone...and if I could I WOULD totally frame it and place it behind my desk at my job....but i've put it up here and i'll be damned if I take it down because someone may feel it's demotivating...

nothing worth having is easy...and if a vanity avatar breaks your spirit...then you're looking for easy...

my 0.02 cents.

Alex

You are too funny. I am proud of your awesome neck and can't wait to see your calves. I only asked the question to get some feedback. I think we all are awesome for starting this MFP journey. This question was merely to provoke responses and it worked. I am in no way a hater. If I had the toned tummy, I'd post my pic too. #REALTALK
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    You are too funny. I am proud of your awesome neck and can't wait to see your calves. I only asked the question to get some feedback. I think we all are awesome for starting this MFP journey. This question was merely to provoke responses and it worked. I am in no way a hater. If I had the toned tummy, I'd post my pic too. #REALTALK

did you just tweet that?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm sure there are some of both.
  • darnnells
    darnnells Posts: 37
    Options
    no, I don't know how to tweet.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

That's called trolling! :grumble:
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Eh, I just admire them and move on. People can put up any pictures that they want, for any reason they want, and I really doubt there is any sort of subliminal message attached to them other than the ones you are giving yourself...

Gotta agree with this
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Yeah, totes trying to make you jelly with my bi/tri/delt definition.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I worked hard for my body, therefore. I'm proud of it. You'll feel the same way once you get there.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    w8rk0m.jpg
  • NWCyclingBeast
    NWCyclingBeast Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I dunno why folks post the avatars that they post. Me? I'd be tempted to post a similar avatar if I didn't have coworkers lurking on here, not so much for the "look at me" factor, but for the "here's what I have done so far" thing...
  • eig6
    eig6 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I worked hard for my body, therefore. I'm proud of it. You'll feel the same way once you get there.

Yup. Also It motivates me because I want to get some abs happening and when I see that pic it reminds me that I still have some work to do!
  • flobeedoodle
    flobeedoodle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Let me just tell you in advance. When I hit my goals, I will be showing skin my my avatar too. If I have the body to show off, I'm showing to EVERYBODY! I currently don't show skin as much, but believe me, I show these curves every chance I get. You will all bask in my glory! And if you choose not to, that's fine. Just don't look :)

Second. If I am ever thin and hot, I will be biggest *kitten*-y *kitten*-y *kitten* *kitten* on these boards. I will post pictures of myself in costumes that would make late 1980's Cher blush. Seriously. Dental floss and two life savers candies.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I give advice on here. Damn good advice. While I don't have a bikini avatar at the moment, showing the results of that advice gives it a little more credence.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    no, I don't know how to tweet.

:indifferent: #REALPOINTLESS
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I think the "cell phone in front of the mirror" is tasteless but I think that just a photo of you by someone else, or actually doing something can show off your hard work just as much but not come off so needy, look at me on facebook pathetic.
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    If you got it Flaunt it !!! sh****t if was buff as **** I'd be shirtless constantly....

DON'T HATE, *kitten* !!
  • gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I noticed a lot of skin pics (midriffs only poses) of the "skinnier" MFP members. Is this a "look at me, I'm so sexy aren't I?" thing or a "AND YOU TOO CAN HAVE A RAIL THIN STOMACH LIKE ME IF YOU KEEP AT IT?" message to the not so skinny MFP members? Just curious.

I never wore a bikini until I was 40 pounds down, but my avatar was never a bikini shot. I DID however, buy a cute athletic rafting bikini, and was confident and proud. I have put 20 back on, and how I wish I would have rocked that avatar when I had the bod to do it. I'm heading back down, and you better believe I'm going to have a bikini picture in my profile somewhere, if not my avatar. I worked my *kitten* off to get where I was, working through lots of sore muscles, time crunches, and tough choices. Mine would be because I earned it, dang it.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m73ubde6t81ry6r3jo1_500.jpg
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    I'm not skinny but the story behind my pic is I just completed 1 month of P90X and I wanted to keep the members of my group motivated. It will only be there for a week tho...