Vanity avatars

Options

Replies

• Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    People get their feelings hurt to easily around here....
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I noticed a lot of skin pics (midriffs only poses) of the "skinnier" MFP members. Is this a "look at me, I'm so sexy aren't I?" thing or a "AND YOU TOO CAN HAVE A RAIL THIN STOMACH LIKE ME IF YOU KEEP AT IT?" message to the not so skinny MFP members? Just curious.

Wow, and I thought you were B!^@% on my thread for being saucy that I didn't post up any of my 'ugly skinny' pics...

You're obviously the B!^@%
    "About Me

Do not add me if you eat below your BMR or 1200 calories. I know you can get comfortable and think you're satisfied there, I tried it (without knowing the background first). I want to support similar people I can relate to who eat a healthy amount who will support me eating a healthy amount with the influx of friend requests...It would also be nice if there was a message saying why you're adding me in friend requests. Good-luck to all :D" YOU HAVE REQUIREMENTS AS TO WHO CAN FRIEND YOU ARROGANT BEHIND!

First, you start a trolling thread. You admitted that you just wanted to see what the reactions were. Then you go fishing on people's profiles for information you can use against them. Seriously, you aren't here to get fit. You're here to stir up drama. And you succeeded. Hope your day is fulfilled.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    meh.ro7434.jpg
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    I noticed a lot of skin pics (midriffs only poses) of the "skinnier" MFP members. Is this a "look at me, I'm so sexy aren't I?" thing or a "AND YOU TOO CAN HAVE A RAIL THIN STOMACH LIKE ME IF YOU KEEP AT IT?" message to the not so skinny MFP members? Just curious.

If I had (or when I get) a midriff worth showing you can be damn sure it will be seen! People on here, especially those in my age range, should be damn proud of being so fit.....
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

Wow, and I thought you were B!^@% on my thread for being saucy that I didn't post up any of my 'ugly skinny' pics...

"About Me

Do not add me if you eat below your BMR or 1200 calories. I know you can get comfortable and think you're satisfied there, I tried it (without knowing the background first). I want to support similar people I can relate to who eat a healthy amount who will support me eating a healthy amount with the influx of friend requests...It would also be nice if there was a message saying why you're adding me in friend requests. Good-luck to all :D" YOU HAVE REQUIREMENTS AS TO WHO CAN FRIEND YOU ARROGANT BEHIND!

I have requirements too, I'm friendly and awesome and all that but I don't want someone who has nothing in common with me to push those that do off my news feed. I remove friends all the time too.

Me too, why have people around if you disagree with their opinions and they bring you down?! I have deleted people who whinge a lot about being overweight and yet have no commitment. Does that make me a b!tch?! Maybe but I'm comfortable with that.
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSH1jY_sjfL83U_GjG_rCupV60jXns_EFEUWpDmCDhiEoQ3bIcf
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Seriously, you're on here to get fit. How do you NOT find that as motivation?

I don't find it motivating to see those pics because I'm not going to look like that. My stomach isn't going to be flat or show my muscles no matter how much I lose or work out; FACT. You want to have your sleek midriff as your avatar, that's great, but it makes me feel like a bigger cow and I get petty and jealous.

so, sincerely just curious here, we should all remove our progress pictures so others don't get jealous, because that's not the look they are going for?

Post all you want. I don't go profile creeping. I'm just saying how I feel. I don't send messages and rant about how you have what I want and can't have. The person I quoted asked how people wouldn't find these pics motivating and I answered. Sorry I'm one of the few who doesn't find it motivating.

Why wouldn't you get like that no matter how much you worked out or how much weight you lose? That's a really *kitten* attitude. You're stopping yourself because you've failed before you've even tried.
    Genetics are a b!tch.

Scientist actually have proven that genes only make up 12% of our body composition...lol
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Im a wolf...Also Phelps just picked up #19!!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

"About Me

I have requirements too, I'm friendly and awesome and all that but I don't want someone who has nothing in common with me to push those that do off my news feed. I remove friends all the time too.

Me too, why have people around if you disagree with their opinions and they bring you down?! I have deleted people who whinge a lot about being overweight and yet have no commitment. Does that make me a b!tch?! Maybe but I'm comfortable with that.

This, and actually I have several anorexics and low cal peeps on my friends list. It's getting large, so yes, I want more people I can relate to. But I do add all kinds of people given there's a reason. If they're adding me because I should stop eating then no, I'm not going to add them. It's like going on a weight loss thread and adding all the people trying to gain. Not exactly helpful to me.
  • VenomousDuck
    VenomousDuck Posts: 206
    Options
    I'm still a Duck.

I am short, fat, and balding.

I have lost a crap ton of weight and am still big.
    I can run a 5k without a bear chasing me.

My goal isn't to have a flat stomach, though that would ROCK, my goal is to be healthy and be able to do stuff that I like to do.

Now, having said that, had I a six pack I would burn all my shirts. I love all my sexies on my FL. Even though I am big still, I am smaller than I was, getting better every day, and am confident in myself. I would grope and *kitten* smack my whole list, because they are awesome. And I love their pics!
  • sweetchildomine
    Options
    oqzlt5.jpg

Seriously, who cares what someone elses profile pic is? Even if their point IS to say "Look at me!! LOOK AT MEE IM SEXY!!". Who cares? I think most people here are just proud of their progress and want to show it off. I lost 50 pounds so damn right everyone and their mom is gonna look at my sexiness in a bathing suit. If it makes you feel bad about yourself, use that energy to go workout instead of worrying about what other people look like. THE END.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I am seriously sick of seeing women call each other b|tches in threads (this is the second time in as many days). Ladies, regardless of what you THINK of each other, don't name call, godfruckingdamnit.

Childish. Totally childish.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options

I don't find it motivating to see those pics because I'm not going to look like that. My stomach isn't going to be flat or show my muscles no matter how much I lose or work out; FACT. You want to have your sleek midriff as your avatar, that's great, but it makes me feel like a bigger cow and I get petty and jealous.

so, sincerely just curious here, we should all remove our progress pictures so others don't get jealous, because that's not the look they are going for?

Post all you want. I don't go profile creeping. I'm just saying how I feel. I don't send messages and rant about how you have what I want and can't have. The person I quoted asked how people wouldn't find these pics motivating and I answered. Sorry I'm one of the few who doesn't find it motivating.

Why wouldn't you get like that no matter how much you worked out or how much weight you lose? That's a really *kitten* attitude. You're stopping yourself because you've failed before you've even tried.
    Genetics are a b!tch.

Scientist actually have proven that genes only make up 12% of our body composition...lol

That may be but I think the point in the statement is... Some of us can't achieve that smooth tone look. We realize this. Now, the encouragement should be that IT IS OKAY not to have that slick tummy. Frankly, I don't really want one, so it's a good thing it's likely not going to happen.

The older you are, the less elasticity you have in your skin: FACT
    The older you are, the harder it can be to build muscle tone and burn fat: FACT
    Life events determine what things are achieveable regarding body appearance as well.

The sour attitude changing won't make it achievable... but it WILL make HAPPINESS achievable.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    *****es-be-crazy-meme-generator-*****es-be-crazy-77d1ba.jpg?1329629695.jpg
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options

Genetics are a b!tch.

Source?
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options

Genetics are a b!tch.

Source?

Shhhh we don't do that here!
  • sweetchildomine
    Options

Genetics are a b!tch.

Source?

Oh lord. I am not writing a freakin medical journal. This is a public forum on the internet. If you want to know if it's true, look it up for yourself!!!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    <
    There's motivation for you! Why work toward a body you *want* when you can work away from the body you *have*? You can even see 4 boil scars *AND* the rare, vertical C-section scar that looks like my butt crack continues in the front!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    They absolutely motivate me, I have friend requested people with pics like that so I can learn from them how they got to their great abs, arms, legs, whatever!!
  • KaiHuk
    KaiHuk Posts: 49
    Options

Genetics are a b!tch.

Source?

Oh lord. I am not writing a freakin medical journal. This is a public forum on the internet. If you want to know if it's true, look it up for yourself!!!

I expect it on my desk by tommorrow.