Poll: Do You Wear Makeup to the Gym?

I've definitely dabbed on some concealer before heading out the door, but for the most part I’m of the mindset that the gym is for sweating, not modeling. What about you? Does wearing a full face of makeup help you feel empowered or just weighed down?

Replies

• daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    I wear makeup and cute clothes to the gym because when I feel sexy, I work out harder. I don't like going out in public feeling "frumpy", and that includes the gym.

If this bothers people, then they clearly aren't working hard enough.
  • I wear makeup and cute clothes to the gym because when I feel sexy, I work out harder. I don't like going out in public feeling "frumpy", and that includes the gym.

I feel the same way!!!! I don't do full makeup, but I do wear some and wear cute workout clothes.
  • Jodi_83
    Jodi_83 Posts: 44 Member
    If I go on lunch from work or after work - I have make up on - and then sweat it off I guess.
    If I go straight from home I don't put make up on at all
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    no.
  • placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    Only on Thursdays. :laugh:
  • dr3wman
    dr3wman Posts: 205
    Only on Thursdays. :laugh:

and leg days!
  • I never leave the house without make-up...partly because of insecurities, and partly because it is my sunscreen. I wear Bare Minerals and it stays on quite nicely during work outs...I even recently went snorkeling while wearing it, and to my surprise it stayed on under the water! When I have worn liquid make-ups, however, they tended to run when I sweat...which was definitely not a good look.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    I wear makeup and cute clothes to the gym because when I feel sexy, I work out harder. I don't like going out in public feeling "frumpy", and that includes the gym.

^^^ditto. I am happier in general when I feel "put together"; at the gym, grocery store, work...anywhere.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member

^^^ditto. I am happier in general when I feel "put together"; at the gym, grocery store, work...anywhere.

You never know where you might meet the president. :)
  • maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    I typically remove my makeup except eye's before I workout as I go during work hours. Then after I reapply light foundation/lips. If I don't remove it I breakout and my sweat towel just looks gross. I hate to look at it let alone everyone else having to look at it. :)
  • pinkupooh
    pinkupooh Posts: 155
    noop, I don't.
  • neversettle
    neversettle Posts: 168 Member
    I usually do - only because I usually head straight to the gym after work.
  • alp1990
    alp1990 Posts: 56
    I never even think about what I look like at the gym ha. I honestly couldn't care :)

I aim to sweat as much as possible so make up would just be an epic fail for me.
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    I barely wear make-up now... why start wearing it to places it doesn't matter? :D
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    I go after work, so I have makeup on. I don't wear a ton of makeup anyways, and I do sweat off what I have on, but I'm not going to wash my makeup off just to go to the gym.
  • I don't wear makeup to the gym because it's a waste of good makeup!
  • I wear makeup and cute clothes to the gym because when I feel sexy, I work out harder. I don't like going out in public feeling "frumpy", and that includes the gym.

^^this. i have gone to the gym once or twice with out any makeup if i go really early, but for the most part i have it on. i do go after work most days as well, so i am not washing my face before i go anyway.
  • DivaMoe40
    DivaMoe40 Posts: 159 Member
    My usual time is after work, so I still have on my makeup from the work day. However, I do wash off all except my eye makeup before going to work out. Don't want to look too scary, I may meet my Prince Charming :love:
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    If I already had make-up on, like when I go to the gym after work, then I just go the gym with it on. If I am running in the morning or going to the gym first thing, no, I don't bother with make-up I am just going to sweat off.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Hell no! And if I work out after work, I wash my face off first. I'm not letting that crap clog my pores!