Short People Losing Weight

Options

Replies

• REALBIGBATBASTARD
    REALBIGBATBASTARD Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    If you need a step stool, I have plenty. Dont get to use them much!
  • laycock36549
    laycock36549 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and yes it's hard to loose weight especially when you have health issues keeping you from excersing. So I have decided to live with the pain and work out. I have lost 3 lbs since I started on the 26th of July my goal is to loose a total of 35 - 40 lbs. by next year. I do find this program helps me keep up with what I am eating and keeps me from eating junk all day long. I did start this program a few years ago and fell off the wagon, this time I will stay with it. I am so motivated - I want to live a healthier life style.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Me :flowerforyou:
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm 4 11' and 124. That seems high, but I have bigger boobs that I cannot seem to shrink down while losing weight. (not complaining.) My goal right now is to get to 115. The people I met with at the gym want me to go down to 105, but I will just see how I feel at 115.
  • noitall96
    noitall96 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 4' 11" I've lost some weight. just gotta take it one day at a time. i try my best to plan out what i eat for the day. i also walk/jog 6 days a week. feel free to add me ^_^
  • Elif84
    Elif84 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and I've lost 41 lbs. The first 20 lbs I lost before joining My Fitness Pal and the last 21 I lost using My Fitness Pal. I want to lose a few more pounds and then maintain :-)
  • gaj87
    gaj87 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'10.5 and have lost 69 pounds with 2 more to go. It is a slow process but sooo worth it.
  • Gloria811
    Gloria811 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    They called me shortstop. I am 4'11"...I have lost weight 80 pounds before and gained it back. What works for me is exercise. Due to a car accident and multible surgeries i have gained the weight back and trying again. Exercise is hard because I am limited what I can do. Sounds like an excuse. I just need to be active and due what I can.
  • Maryjane_B
    Maryjane_B Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and it is really hard for me to lose LBS..I usually don't notice that I'm losing weight, I go by inches and how my clothes fit. According to the scale I have lost 6 lbs so far but according to my shorts I have lost almost 2 sizes...
  • Fluffykristi
    Options
    5'1" - need to still lose over 100lbs
    Also 34 and 6 kids later my metabolism isnt what it once was!
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    yeah me 5'1" and see my ticker :)
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and it is really hard for me to lose LBS..I usually don't notice that I'm losing weight, I go by inches and how my clothes fit. According to the scale I have lost 6 lbs so far but according to my shorts I have lost almost 2 sizes...

Inches/size is what counts. That's fantastic progress :) healthy bones and muscles are heavier than weak/unhealthy ones.
  • lillibeth78
    Options
    5 foot 2, need to loose 50 pounds, just joined today
  • koalahugs
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and I've lost about 23 pounds since I started becoming more active with my logging. It really does help! :)
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    I am 5'0" 37yrs and losing on 1800 - 1950 cals a day : )

Totally agree that just because we're short doesn't mean we can't eat a lot. I eat clean.

I wasted a lot of years on low calorie 'diets' yoyo-ing my weight, now I am eating properly I'm losing slow, steady, sustainable!!
  • vmloya
    vmloya Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and it's been such a struggle this time round! I have about 35 lbs to lose..Ouch!
  • hellosara08
    hellosara08 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hey. I'm 5'3 and trying to lose another 30-something pounds. :smile:

21158615.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
    223730 Posts: 55
    Options
    I am just under 5'2". It took me 11 months to lose 24 lbs! I have 10 more to go to be where I want to be. In general, I have noticed a lot of negativity when it comes to talking about my goal weight or trying to lose from where I am not.

I was always very thin growing up - 92 lbs when I graduated high school. I don't aspire to be there again, but after two kids i don't find it unreasonable to want to be down to around 110-115. I've kind of taken a break for awhile from MFP just because I haven't really felt that support in my own personal journey. Some people lose 24 lbs in 3 months!

I am over it now, and just want to get back on track to losing weight. It's going to be brutal to lose 10 or 12 more lbs. I am leaning towards starting back at the gym, but the biggest challenge for me is the food. Making the right choices and being active in some shape or form will get you there, but it just seems to take so much longer when you are short!
  • lookoutblorgons
    Options
    I'm 156cm, was 68kg, hoping to get to 48-50, or size 6/8. I've lost about 4kg in the last 3ish weeks, but I don't imagine I'll be able to keep that rate up for too long! I eat between 1200-1300 calories a day and do at least 30 mins of exercise.
  • mstonyaj
    mstonyaj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 1 and have struggled with my weight my whole life. I was 155lbs at this time last year, stopped working out and in June was 201lbs. If I eat 1200 calories I don't lose anything I have to keep it between 850 and 1050 calories to see a difference. I've been doing the Insanity workout and now I'm tring the workout from Jackie Warner's book "This is Why You're Fat". I lost 9lbs in July I use Idealshape meal replacement shakes for breakfast and lunch and eat hardboiled egg whites, fruit and veggies as snacks throughout the day. I'll usually have a healthy yummy dinner like black beans seasoned with hot chilis, brown rice, and chicken breast. I really feel that if I was taller my struggles would be a lot easier becasue as hard as I've been working I really haven't lost much compared to people who lose 10lbs in the first 2 weeks of starting a program. I figure my body cannot hold onto the weight if I'm not overeating so I'm optimistic that more will come off eventually :smile:

There's a book called "The Petite Advantage" You may want to take a look at. I was looking throught it at a book store and it seemed interesting. It's about the differences in losing weight when you're petite and gives a food and exercise plan.