you might be a RUNNER if....

Options

Replies

• lauleipop
    lauleipop Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    126593439495663707_1WTjZZ1R_b.jpg

Oh. Mah. Gawd. Where in the hell is that? I must run it. It calls to me.
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    You might be a runner if...

~ you want to quit after the first minute...but know that by the time you get to mile 1, you will settle in and that you're good for at least another 5...

^^ This is SO me.
    ~ you pee three times within 10 minutes before you start running (especially for us girls who have had kids)

^ my BF is as bad, if not worse, than I am!
  • melzenitram
    melzenitram Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You might be a runner if you have a tan line from your cell phone/mp3 player armband.

LMAO!! yep...tan from that and my hrm
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    You think IMapMyRun is the best phone app ever created and would have paid twice the amount you paid for your phone just for that ap.

Your friend and family can tell when you haven't had a chance to run that day because you're a total b*****

Best so far! :laugh:
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    If you sleep in your sports bra, tech shirt, dri-fit socks and tempo shorts so when the alarm goes off at 5am you just have to lace up, slap on your Garmin and hit the pavement.......

Slept in clothes last night b/c I went to bed late due to watching the Olympics. I got up at 4:50 and was out the door at 5am:bigsmile:
  • sandersen50
    sandersen50 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Your spouse has to build your running time into every vacation itinerary and plan all trips around events. Friends and family ask "What are you training for now?" before they inquire on the health of your kids.
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You might be a runner if you plan a race to do while on vacation! :drinker:

This is so true! My husband and I went to Kauai and were trying to decide exactly what week to stay there and I made the final call based on finding a race. I really wanted a race shirt from Hawaii!
    ~ you pee three times within 10 minutes before you start running (especially for us girls who have had kids)

Yeah, you're not the only one!
  • kjc200763
    kjc200763 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You might be a runner if your planning the running route on your holiday before you've finalised the holiday using goggle maps or earth.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Probably TMI: but I am super curious! How? Coffee?

Please enlighten me. I could use the advice. Nothing worse than getting hit with tummy troubles 3 miles into 15.

Are you asking about how to "go" before a run?? If so, what I do before a race or long run, I get up at least 2 hours ahead of time. I drink 8 oz of warm water with half a lemon squeezed into it. I then start on my coffee. Most times I never make it through the coffee before I gotta go! Whether this matters or not, I have this routinely every day but I think it is the lemon water that actually gets things going...
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Your 2 weeks "vacation time" is all used for traveling to different races/mud runs
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    You look like this <
    and love it :) ... Warrior Dash! =)
  • brendas026
    brendas026 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    you might be a runner if you rather buy running shoes than high heels!!
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    ....you might be a Runner IF

....when training on a treadmill, you always have to be at least 1MPH faster than the person to your left and/or to your right..

THIS. I don't care how fast they are going, or even if I don't even RUN that fast. Even if it's only for three ninutes, I NEED to be faster than the person on the other treadmill!!! :laugh:
  • CountryMom03
    CountryMom03 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm trying to become a runner...
    ...I'm halfway to doing a 'baby race' as someone calls a 5K
    ...I DEFINITELY have more running shoes than heels
    ...I don't own ANY sports bras, are these required? maybe I could borrow one from my wife :laugh:
    ...I DO have the shoes that are only for running, nothing else

ROFL Love this:)
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    You plan your first ever trip to Europe not to go sight seeing, but to participate in a Tough Mudder......

(England, 2013......and yes, I'll be getting the tattoo after I cross the finish line)
    :drinker:
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    You are acutely aware of things like nipple chafing. And you're a guy.

You talk about nipple chafing to people. And they understand.

You get excited when new gu flavors are released. (peanut butter. Yum)

You have no idea how many miles you have on your car, but you know how many you've run in each pair of shoes.

You have very strong opinions on socks.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    You see someone running while you are riding in your car and wish it was you.

:embarassed: (all the time)

I think I actually pouted when I saw people running while I had my stress fracture. :frown:
  • HisPathDaily
    Options
    Ha, awesome! =)
    you might be a runner if you rather buy running shoes than high heels!!
  • HisPathDaily
    Options
    Sweet! :) ... I love how when I travel on vacation, one of my first (if not the first) thought is: "Any races in the area?" lol :)
    You plan your first ever trip to Europe not to go sight seeing, but to participate in a Tough Mudder......

(England, 2013......and yes, I'll be getting the tattoo after I cross the finish line)
    :drinker:
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    You might be a runner if you're not confused by the question "What's your favorite gu?"

That's a good one...because I have no idea!