To the losers who yelled "fat a**" when running

Options

Replies

• sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how anyone driving things the following:

"hey there is a person running, whom i don't know. I think i will roll down my window and yell something mean to him. that will sure make my day!"
    Never thought of it this way but you've got a point.

I have NEVER yelled anything at anyone jogging although I will admit to silently thinking "over achiever". Now that I am trying to be more active, I refuse to walk the street.
  • TheNewo
    TheNewo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Men who make douchey comments are compensating for other things.

Keep on running dude.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Great response. Some people are so inconsiderate. I've broken up with guys for being jerks like that. Making fun of people when it's none of their business. Kudos to you. Keep up the great work.
  • PuggleLover
    PuggleLover Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    That dude hates himself and his life.
  • noconatoth
    noconatoth Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! I know what it is like to run with 130 + extra pounds hanging on your body! I am glad to see this post - it is definately refreshing and helps boost a person up to see that you haven't let it get you down. SCREW the loosers in the car who yelled at you. At least you are working on getting healthy! Keep up the good work.
  • shellynorthway
    shellynorthway Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Very well said. I agree with everything you said except "I am fat". I am all for postive affirmation. You are not fat.
    Now back to the idiots' like my Dad say's "You can't change stupid". SOOOO we have to remember we can't change other people but we can set example of how they could change if they so do so and be their to support them.

Good luck with your upcoming run's. Your family I am sure is very proud of you as they rest of us are. You at least now how to run and not just run at the mouth. :):happy:
  • mmmyotwnz
    mmmyotwnz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I love this!!!

It shows A) how strong you are and B) How much more full of grace you are.

You are right, you are moving, you will loose weight, you will be stronger, healthier, be a productive citizen, a great husband and father, an encourager, and a person full of mercy when it comes to the others after you. You have chosen to live life and not be lowered to the level of pond scum.

Good for you!

Oh and the new Nike commercials about the real athletes and hero's while showing an overweight boy running- love it! That is truth in advertising - the ones who go out and pound the pavement and take charge of their weight.
    Why I think I'll lace up my Nikes and hit the treadmill later...
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a douche bag.
    Love the response and that you are not letting it down.
    This is the reason I am to afraid to run outside. I'm afraid of people saying things. And I know I need to get over it because I am doing it for me. But I can't help it. I did run a 5k a cpl months ago and it was great. But either way. Good for you for keeping your chin up :)
    You have done an amazing job so far! You're an inspiration.
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I got a great one yelled at me last time I was out in my neighborhood riding my bike...
    "Ride faster because your *kitten* is catching you!"
  • catelabow
    catelabow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Well said. You have a great attitude! Thanks for the encouragement.
  • klynn81
    klynn81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Not my blog, but my thoughts ...
    http://flintland.blogspot.com/2012/05/hey-fat-girl.html

Reminded me of a guy I saw at the Y the other day ... kept waiting for him to catch my eye so I could give him a smile and a nod ... one that never came.

Love This!
  • CinJay
    CinJay Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Just think you won't always be a fat a--, but he'll always be an a--hole.

Congrats on your great work!

^^ my thoughts exactly!

Well done to you for your determination and perseverance, what you're doing is no small feat and you should be proud! Small-minded people like that should be ignored - you know who the bigger/better man is :)
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling left out.....the worst I've gotten is a "Run, Forrest, Run....." along with more than a handful of encouraging comments. I must live in a good neighbourhood. :laugh: :laugh:

The only good thing I can say about the bozos who make these comments is that at least they appear to have noticed runners (even if you're big and slow you're still a runner!) which is a modest improvement over the oblivious ones who seem hell bent on killing me at intersections....... I'd take insults over internal injuries and broken bones any day.
  • mmmyotwnz
    mmmyotwnz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I got a great one yelled at me last time I was out in my neighborhood riding my bike...
    "Ride faster because your *kitten* is catching you!"

Ugh sorry... how totally rude.
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    This post is yet another reason that you rock. Not to mention the fact that you get your precious child out there with you and set a stellar example. You're awesome Peter.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    They suck, you're a cutie! Keep up the great work.
  • stepharega
    stepharega Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I really respect you! At my half marathon there were plenty of overweight folks running! They are awesome!!! Don't ever feel like you have to hide your exercise
  • Serenstar75
    Serenstar75 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    You'r awesome and I'm sorry you had to deal with that crap. You have a great outlook and some people are callous. I tend to have the view...yes I might look chubby or fat in my workout clothes, but I'm DOING something about it which is more than most people are doing. So keep on being great.
  • jltaft21
    jltaft21 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I probably would have cried, but I am a girl. LOL! Your attitude towards these obviously stupid people is my inspiration for the day! Keep up the great work.
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Ignore them! People like that can't stand being ignored.

Either pretend not to hear them, or smile and say a cheerful "Goodbye!"