Does your Profile Picture affect how People perceive You ?

Options

Replies

• chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I just pick whichever picture *I* like, I don't really worry about how other people see it, although I do enjoy when other people like the picture I choose, as well.
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't affect how people perceive me. That's me in a nutshell...........laid-back, happy, with MAYBE a little "bad side" thrown in the mix. :wink:
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Not sure how it affects perception of me, but I don't take a lot of photos, so I tend not to change it much. The one I use now is somewhat recent, and I like how the shirt looks. :)
  • sumokitty3
    Options
    that is the funniest picture I have ever seen. Thanks for making my morning! :)
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Mine makes me very popular.
  • sumokitty3
    Options
    The funny thing with my profile pic is that I just found it on my cell phone that I saved a long long time ago. And, I just laugh everytime that I see it. My Pic has been blank for quite some time though

Hopefully it makes other's laugh as well. No rotations yet

oops! I meant your picture - still figuring out this whole posting thing. :)
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    Mine is my Dane Maddy looking down at me while I am on the floor doing crunches. I just thought it was funny and cute. Whenever I do them she looks down at me the whole time. It's like she is thinking "What are you doing down there?"
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I've gotten a few friend requests from folks who like Disney. I also have a pic of myself working out but I don't remember if I made that public or only available to friends.
  • ahlani
    ahlani Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Mine was taken 6/07 and it was around the time I had met and fallen in love with my mate, which also happens to have been a month before my heart attack.

I've lost a lot more since then (approx 50lbs) and my most recent photo taken was in March, though I've not posted it to my profile because it includes my adult son and don't want to overstep permissions LOL. I'll ask him tonight if it's ok to post it and perhaps get him to send me a copy of the shameful picture he took of me in '02 right before I started my journey.

Otherwise I avoid cameras, I am like Earl, my eyes are always shut .. ack!
  • LegzyK
    LegzyK Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it does, It's my best feature and i just get tired of looking at my own face:laugh:
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    Yes - that's just the way it is.
  • heygurlheyyyy
    heygurlheyyyy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I really, really hope so.

Your pics are the best!

I picked mine because it's all of my fave things - summertime, the beach, little clothing, and BEER! Now if I can get back to feeling super comfy running around town like that without the help from beer, I'll be alright. LOL
  • laurin2010
    Options
    Simple. It shows my hard work, im proud of myself in very many ways!
  • PinoyChampion
    Options
    Absolutely - so don't forget to smile!
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    It probably does. I just pick photos that make me smile, or that I'm proud of for one reason or another. My original profile pic was from the day my wife and I got married, and the current one is obvious. She's about 7 weeks old now. :happy:
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I picked my picture, just because I like the way I look in it. I was happy that day and having fun! How can you not be having fun when working with fire men and sitting in their fire truck!
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    not sure if it does or not - Its one of very few photos of me, my youngest (whos now 5 is in the photo with me - its also one of the few that I do have that I like since I am not all focused on my weight in the photo :)
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I put this one up because I liked how I looked after my workout, and in 12 hours i got 6 friend requests, so I'd say yes lol
  • RunnerBlonde808
    RunnerBlonde808 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I just change it based on my mood that day. I have no real reason or rhyme to why I put anything up.
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Not sure - It was more of a reflection of myself. For the longest time I wouldn't put my picture on here - too fat. Then I got a little bit of courage and posted this one (the dog is still covering half of me). Its not so much about how others perceive me it is more about what is going on in my own head. I still haven't updated my FB page yet - too afraid. It is not so much whether the picture affects how people perceive me - in truth probably not - but it is in my head as to how I think they will perceive me that freaks me out...