Does your Profile Picture affect how People perceive You ?

Replies

• My pic is from New Years Eve this year, before any weight lose! That dress, no longer fits like that, it now needs to be altered in order to wear it! I felt so beautiful in the pic, that's why its still my profile pic!
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    I know profile pics affect how /I/ view other people, so I assume it works the other way around. I thought I'd be all honest and post a real facial pic when I first joined. Then I got sick of looking at myself. So now I usually go with a profile pic that reflects my sense of humor or something I find amusing. A lot of times the humor has to do with being fat. I figure if you can't laugh at yourself, then you're taking life--and yourself--too damn seriously.
  • AwesomeMoJo
    AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
    I am sure everyone's profile picture affects how they are perceived....

I change mine up often...I have a silly picture, a picture with my family, pictures of just me, they all represent different parts of who I am....

Some people share their family, some share what they want to look like, some have their "before" pictures, everyone shares a little piece of who they are with the profile picture....
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Yes, I think my pictures convey my personality. I am friendly so I try to pick pictures where I am smiling....and of course where I look my best...lol
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    I just felt liberated in mine. I was taking pictures of myself in a bathing suit and I didn't feel like a complete idiot or like I weighed a ton... Besides, I was smiling!

What do you think my picture says about me?
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    yeah i try to pick up chicks with mine
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    I change mine depending on my mood!
  • SabrinaLC
    SabrinaLC Posts: 133 Member
    I chose mine because I like it, I thought it was cute.
    I guess people might think i'm cute from the picture or they may not.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Yes it does, whether a person intentionally tries toproject a certain image or not. I don't care enough to change mine for every mood, I picked mine cause it was after my 2nd marathon and a proud moment for me.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,357 Member
    I've never really thought about it. I try to show off my progress and mine is my most recent photo of my body. I'm just proud of how far I've come and so close to the end. I honestly don't care how people see it, I'm sure the more conservative of people who don't like bikini's will not like it and classify me under the unmodest category, but I never claimed to be a modest person haha.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    I don't know how my profile pic affects how people perceive me -- how about some of you tell me?

I picked this pic because at the time I had just had lap band surgery and I wasn't allowed to eat any raw vegs or fruit yet (still healing, too hard to digest) and I missed them so much! Strawberries were just coming into season and I was jonesin' for them.

I generally don't change my profile pics once I've settled on one. My FB pic has been the same for years...same with LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
  • dereksmb
    dereksmb Posts: 95 Member
    Based off feedback I've gotten via messages I would say yes... yes it does. Either way it's staying, I need the motivation to continue my cut even though my strength continues to dwindle every week. Why can't bulkier builds be the "norm" in society I like getting stronger in the gym grr.
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    I change my pic to suit my mood. I like this pic because it shows off my legs- many years of dancing have been put into those legs and I think they look pretty darned good.:)
  • Treesy72
    Treesy72 Posts: 230
    I just like to see my collar bones.....They make me happy! :tongue:
  • HulkDiesel77
    HulkDiesel77 Posts: 219 Member
    Good question............I will let you know if I get any friend requests lol
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Someone on this site msged me to tell me I probably attract crazy people in person because Im crazy because of my upsidedown yoga pic. Since they were so offended I needed to find something worse.
  • DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    What do I portray?
  • DarkNebula84
    DarkNebula84 Posts: 445 Member
    I have no clue how people perceive me......
  • My profile picture makes it seem like I've got a boyfriend.

Nope, that's my ex. It's a recent picture, and uh...yeah still kind of in love with him. I love the picture of me though, I think I look good in it.
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    If people perceive me as the most awesome, intelligent and affectionate lab-human that has ever existed, then yes. Because that's who she was. :wink: