What is your number 1 reason to get fit?

Options

Replies

• msacurrie
    msacurrie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    God :) how am I to respect His temple and do His will if I am too out of shape to do it?

www.NeedGod.com
  • KaiHuk
    KaiHuk Posts: 49
    Options
    To look good.
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    To finally feel completely happy.
    I have an amazing husband and the most perfect daughter. I have a great life. Except the way I feel about myself. It always brings me down, and I don't want that anymore. I want to be happy with myself so the rest of my life I can give it my all.
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    To look like a Fox and Feel like a healthy Fox
  • jonwv
    jonwv Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I want to get fit because well its the smart thing to do. I have already been labeled a diabetic lucky i only have to take pills to control it. I want to be healthy for my wife, family and myself. I want to be able to run and play with my kids when we decide to have one. I want to better myself.
  • biglew909
    biglew909 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Because I used to be fit...and it sucked admitting defeat every day.
  • klkoehn
    klkoehn Posts: 10
    Options
    So I can play with my kids now and my grandkids later. I don't want to be the fat old lady sitting on the park bench while everyone else has fun!
  • msmith2020
    msmith2020 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I don't want to go to England with my size 6 cousin and be the fat one of the group....

Oh and I don't want another year to pass in my 20's that I didn't get into a bikini... Come on 2013 bikini season!! Lol ♥
  • rachelhohenbrink
    rachelhohenbrink Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My fitness quest started about 4 years ago when I found out I had insulin resistance. I didn't want to become diabetic and so I started to eat healthier and exercise a few times a week. Over these 4 years it has progressed into a hard core 5-6 days a week fitness and healthy eating lifestyle. I feel the same way though I want to look sexy naked and I don't think it's vein I think it exudes confidence and dedication!
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Over the past 6 years, I have been focusing only on my mental health. I am happy and love myself, despite being manic depressive and recovering from anorexia. In the process, I was too scared to calorie count or work out and gained a ton of weight. Now that I have a grip on who I am, I want to love my physical self as much as my mental self.

Plus, another huge motivator for me...my husband recently graduated basic military training. I started my journey the week that he left. He will be in security forces and has to stay fit for his job. I don't want to be his fat lazy wife. I want to be the wife that is out running with him at 5 AM every day and that he can take to functions and proudly show off.
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    For myself, health and of course to be sexier than I already am. lol
  • scott1646
    scott1646 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    So I can stay away from spine surgery. The more active and fit I am, the less my nerve damage kicks in and I tend to forget my lower vertebrae is bad.
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    My family and me!!! I have the Pnut already and have another grandson on the way. I would love to see them both graduate from high school and see them ikn the walks of life they choose. Yes I have so much to live for!!!, and without their support and the support I get here I fear I would have failed by now!
  • msmith2020
    msmith2020 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    health & all of that, sure. but, honestly, more than anything, so i never have to hear, "don't worry, someone will settle for you one day," or anything similar ever again.

^^^ Girl... I would have "socked them in the mouth/nose/face" until I was satisfied...
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    well I just like feeling fit and healthy,Id love to be eye candy but Im not so that dosnt bother me my 2 sons go every morning with me to the gym and I hope Im an influence on their outlook towards feeling fit and healthy Im probably not but maybe just a little lol,my 2nd daughter my third child was born 12 years ago yesterday I must say I get a bit of a kick at realising Im fitter now than I was back then I couldnt run then I can run 3km now,I love all these things,after my older daughter was born nearly 16 years ago I worked my way to 55 lengths of the pool in 20 minutes now it is an 18m pool still 16 years later Im at 50 lengths in 20 minutes and I know if I pushed Id make the 55,I had always thought that when I hit 40 that would be it but its not,yet anyway,I meet a number of people at the gym that would be a fair bit older than me they are an absolute inspiration,thats what I hope to achieve to be fit and active for a long time to come.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    ME. I'm doing this for me.

and as a mother...that is the most selfish thing i have EVER done in my life...

something completely and totally for ME.

so there you go.
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    to look fackin' amazing naked.
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    To be healthy enough to get pregnant and have a baby.
  • sheleen302
    sheleen302 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    My main reason is vanity but it all ties into having a better life...

Looking good gives me confidence which makes me feel good which makes me smile more which makes me happier which makes me less stressed which makes me have more sex which makes me even more happier which.. well I could go on forever.

Being fit = better life

I am so with you there! Especially the better sex. Sex is the main reason I do yoga!

I agree completely!
  • sofakingawesome69
    Options
    I want to be "that" guy when I take my shirt off. When I look in the mirror I want to be proud of what I look like and make women drool. Is that shallow?