What is your number 1 reason to get fit?

Replies

• WarriorWomanMaxine
    WarriorWomanMaxine Posts: 162 Member
    I kicked cancers butt last year i need to lose weight so it dont come knocking again
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    ME. I'm doing this for me.

and as a mother...that is the most selfish thing i have EVER done in my life...

something completely and totally for ME.

so there you go.

I completely agree 100%, this is how I feel, too.
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 576 Member
    Honestly? To see what I'm truly capable of. I've been living life off of natural ability (not talent - talent takes work) for years and I don't want to be at the end of the road, looking back at my steps and think "was that all you could do?"

So I'm actively working at the gym, not looking to get ripped or to look good at the beach. I want two things - speed and power.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    I want to be a stripper......................lol jus kidding.

I started out just wanting to feel healthier, now I just wanna look hot.
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    makes me feel accomplished to work out and i like the way i look
  • natpalit
    natpalit Posts: 113 Member
    To prove to myself I can do it.
  • Absidey
    Absidey Posts: 116 Member
    The order of my list shuffles by the day, depending on what's happening, but mostly, it's to do anything I want. I'm not settling for reading about and watching on TV the things I want do and see because my body doesn't DO as well as it once did.

So.. I'm getting in shape for The Travel Channel? lol.

It ties into the people I want to go and do things with though, too. I don't think I'd be so motivated to go forth and conquer mountains if I didn't want to do it with my family.
  • mary190136
    mary190136 Posts: 44 Member
    sex appeal.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    For me, and yes this is a completely vein reason, I want to look sexy. I want a body that I can be looked at naked and look hot. Yes there are other reasons like health, but my number 1 is what it is.
    [/quote]

Totally not vain to want to want to be, feel and LOOK your best, baby! That's just smart. :)
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Was asked when you were due, and you're not pregnant? .
    Was never asked, but I sure looked like I was! LOL!
  • chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    To make exes realize what they lost!, size 3 jeans, bikinis, confidence!, health
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    I don't want to die of a heart attack at 50 or develop diabetes. My number 2 reason is wearing cute clothes.
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    My 30th birthday is looming, and I can't rely on my metabolism to keep me skinny forever. I want to age insanely gracefully and kick some *kitten* in more obstacle races.
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    when i go to the club im the fat friend. i want to be the hot one.
  • bgtorres
    bgtorres Posts: 186 Member
    To look sexy for my husband & of course to be a good role model to my babies:)
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    My main reason is vanity but it all ties into having a better life...

Looking good gives me confidence which makes me feel good which makes me smile more which makes me happier which makes me less stressed which makes me have more sex which makes me even more happier which.. well I could go on forever.

Being fit = better life

This is similar to how I feel... Crazy how being more fit does all that. I feel like I can accomplish more, and I have the energy to do so. I won't be stuck spinning my wheels my whole life. It's a snowball affect. Feel a little better, do a little more, which makes you feel even better, which starts to show to others, which makes them happier, which makes you happier, and then you just feel great!!

"Lift Heavy! Run Hard!" =D
    www.facebook.com/jenaesmithfitness ("Like" for your daily motivation!!!)
  • Outliving my parents and being around for my children. My parents were both obese and my mom died at 44 of cancer and my dad at 48 to a heart attack. I don't want to put my kids through that. :)
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    I want to be old someday!
  • SLewis74
    SLewis74 Posts: 28 Member
    I agree, and call it vain if you want, I want to look hot. I want to be healthy, but I want the rockin' body I had back in college and to look great naked. I will never be "skinny" as most people define it, but I want to have a tone, healthy body that I'm not afraid to show off.
  • jimbo_a_logo
    jimbo_a_logo Posts: 26 Member
    I want to maximize my physical capabilties in serving my family, church and community so that God may be glorified.
    " So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." ~ 1 Corinthians 10:31