Dear God, please give me a thigh gap.

Options

Replies

• Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Am I the only female that does NOT want a thigh gap?

My thighs touch and my shorts ride up, but none of my jeans have ever done that. Even at my highest. We could still be built differently, but unless you have the genetics for it, its not happening. Thinner, more muscular thighs will help, but you don't need the gap to prevent that from happening.
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Same issue here! I hate it especially in the summer time trying to wear a dress/skirt. Ugh!!!!!
  • brayla1
    brayla1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I second this prayer, it doesn't matter it they are expensive jeans or inexpensive, this happens to me all too often. Granted it takes a little bit, but still....
  • brayla1
    brayla1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Totally feel your pain! Am wearing jeans that have that problem RIGHT NOW!!! No it's not the type of jeans, all of mine do it. I know it's just what hourglass figures hold their voluptuousness!!!!! Argh!

Even worse is the horrid rubbing/chaffing I get when I wear skirts on my delicate thighs.:blushing: PS (to combat this I have discovered that using a really good anti-persperant on the area before the chaffing starts will prevent it).

And I feel YOUR pain, or at least I used to. Yesterday was the first day I wore a skirt through the whole day at work with absolutely no problem. My thighs still touch but they aren't rubbing when I walk anymore and they aren't chaffing. What a wonderful feeling!

Congrats!! I look forward to this one day!!!
  • Afrikangirl
    Afrikangirl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I remember the exact day my thighs started touching 14 years ago and I came home with that thigh rub burn....sad, sad, sad day....I think I was 7 months pregnant with my son............and except for a few short stints of weight loss---they have been touching ever since. However, I have never worn out my pants like that....It might be more your shape than your weight. You don't look that big to me.
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    For you ladies. :-)

2qvtra8.jpg
  • Ericaaa89
    Ericaaa89 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My thighs tear up my jeans just like this! And don't even get me started on my scrubs...I have to buy a new pair of scrub pants every other month!
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    After losing 9" from the rest of my body... my thighs are still 23". The top parts are just gross. I wish you could spot reduce!

My thighs touch, and on certain bottoms the area has faded ever so slightly, but mostly it's alright. I just hate wearing shorts or tight trousers.

:frown:
  • shannypoo21
    Options
    LOL story of my life!
  • mandiibayybee
    Options
    It never occurred to me that there was even such a concept as a "thigh gap." I'm learning so much from this site! Also, I guarantee 99% of guys have never even thought about this... so I wouldn't worry too much :-)

Seriously??? Guys don't think about this??? OMG! I've finally got that gap, probably the first time in my life and I feel like there should be a rush of men to stand outside my door. WTF dude! now you're telling me that no one even effing noticed?

sheez. Keep working girl, I found serious weight training did it for me...I'm shocked, but there it is right freaking there in the mirro.:wink:

I know my hubby finds the "thigh gap" to be quite sexy.. (kinda why I want one) lol
  • gazz777au
    gazz777au Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    What did God say in response ?

Seriously though, not all of it is fat, some may be muscle. That said, decrease BF% and do not work the thigh muscles too hard .... better to do more reps of less weight to make them longer and leaner than to make huge thigh muscles if you catch my drift.

Pilates ?
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    The thread content of your jeans will contribute to this. Denim with a higher concentration of spandex will wear out faster, as will lighter weight cotton denim. Cheap and expensive jeans can have more spandex and/or be of a lighter weighted fabric. To avoid this at any size, you'll want to look for jeans that contain mostly cotton, and are heavy duty. Additionally, they won't stretch out after just a couple hours of wear, thus eliminating saggy *kitten* and the need to pull them up 600 times a day. They won't feel as much like Pajama Jeans to wear, but they will hold up longer and look way nicer.

Lastly, you all know you shouldn't wash your jeans every time you wear them, right? And always wash on cold, inside out, and cold air dry.
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Lol how the hell does that happen?

How long does it take? Years?
    Just from my thighs rubbing as I walk.
    It takes a few months. :sad:

Not to be rude...looser pants will help with that, maybe buy a size or so up, I used to have that problem too, I don't have a thigh gap, but buying pants that weren't so tight put an end to the thigh-hole.
  • HugznKiki
    HugznKiki Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hilarious post only because I can soo relate

Definately this ditto! and to whomever asked how long does this take? lol not long when God has blessed you with thunder thighs lol *raises hand* guilty
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! It might be more how your body is shaped with narrow hips being the culprit. However I've always hated wearing a dress and hearing the "scritch, scritch, scritch" of the nylons rubbing or corduroy pants! Stuffing toilet paper down the nylons on the area that makes contact so I don't get rubbed raw. One magical day it happened - thigh gap. Now i admire it as i walk with the sun behind my back as I look at my shadow! Finally crossed over! Hope you make it, too. Your case is sadly much worse than mine, but my pants wore out, too, or at least got fuzzy.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I would love a thigh gap too. For this reason aaaand so my thighs won't chafe when I wear a skirt. :(
  • stfriend
    stfriend Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I don't have thigh gap and probably never will. I've never had this particular problem, though. I would suggest keeping the jeans with the holes to make patches for the next set. It may not give you thigh gap but it may extend the life of your jeans.
  • kford9
    kford9 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    this is TOO funny! my friends and i are doing "operation separation" because we want our thighs to DIVORCE! :laugh:
  • tjfrance23
    Options
    It takes me longer to have this happen, but I can still relate. First it's the bottom hem that goes (I'm between a petite and standard inseam), then the inner thighs.

I have noticed lately while walking that my actual thigh rubbing has decreased. I also use cornstarch during this time of year to cut down on chaffing (without having to resort to alum/aluminum deodorants).
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I too would hang onto my wholey thigh jeans till they were unwearanble! This is terrible and I totally know how you feel!