How to you eat cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• ct2407
    ct2407 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This may be strange to a lot of people, but my favorite way to eat cottage cheese is with yeast flakes sprinkled on top. Enriched with vitamin B12, 8 cal a tsp, wonderful nutty flavor. Yumm.
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Funny - I'm eating it right now. One of my favorites is to mix a packet of ranch dressing (the dry mix) with a 16 oz container and use it as a dip for veggies. (it's also sinfully good with chips, but I digress...)
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    bump
  • voltronx
    voltronx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like it in my spaghetti too! :P. Right now I usually just eat it with some crushed black pepper but if you can take the extra calories here's a good recipe. Adjust the amounts to your needs.

1 serving cottage cheese
    1/2 cup old fashion oatmeal
    1 or 2 packets of splenda/sweet n low/etc

So you mix all 3 together and it'll taste like dessert. I think it tastes even better if you mix in a tbsp of natural peanut butter/almond butter. Plus a little cinnamon.
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I make a pretend quiche (no pastry) with it, basically mix the cottage cheese (i like the chive one) with some whisked eggs and quark. Then pour over some grilled lean trimmed bacon and peppers and some wholewheat pasta. Pop in the oven for 20mins or til brown on the top. I always have this cooked in the fridge makes a lovely snack when I come in from the office or nice lunch with salad or quick dinner with baked beans for tea. Yum
  • om3guz
    om3guz Posts: 48
    Options
    I eat cottage cheese with a tbsp of jam.
  • mom3mnc
    mom3mnc Posts: 1
    Options
    I love it plain with pepper on it. I also like to add it to a tossed salad. I love it with Thousand Island or French dressing on it, although it doesn't have the greatest appearance. It tastes great!
  • zopta3
    zopta3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use 1/4 c fat free cottage cheese,crushed gg bran crispbread@12 cals per cracker,cinnamon,stevia,mix in diet jelly-any flavor and 5 cal or fat free reddi whip.
    I also try fat free cottage cheese with 2 cal cheddar popcorn powder,chives and put on my crackers.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    with a spoon
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I don't. Heh. :tongue:
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter!
  • Blondefitbarbie
    Options
    I mix it in with my egg whites in the morning, put it on my salads and eat it with veggies. I love it. I only ever use it in savory dishes, though.
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    So many great ideas...I will have to write these down this weekend.
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I eat it with sardines and avocado!

Don't knock it till ya tried it!
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    On raisin toast
  • sandybeaches00
    sandybeaches00 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    just a little pepper and it's delicious!
  • rmanimbo
    Options
    I add a sweetener and cinnamon, then put it on toast or Wasa crackers.
  • pmorgan98
    Options
    Make a savory dip!
    1/3 c. milk
    1 pt. cottage cheese
    1/2 pkg. onion soup mix or vegetable soup mix
    Lots of raw veggies, cut up for dipping
    1. Blend 1/3 cup milk, 1 pint cottage cheese and soup mix in a bowl.
    2. Put in refrigerator for 1/2 hour.

3. Serve with raw veggies. Dip and enjoy
  • ahelsel1970
    ahelsel1970 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Don't eat it if you don't like it. Plenty of other foods.
  • gobifree59
    gobifree59 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Usually with strawberries or peaches. I also use low fat cottage cheese and low fat ricotta cheese for a lo--cal lasagna. With sauce on top you can't even taste the difference from the full fat versions!