What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• CarStan
    CarStan Posts: 2
    Options
    Egg Beaters w/ a wedge of Laughing Cow Cheese melted in and 3 slices of turkey bacon = 173 calories and all the protein keeps you feeling full all morning. I make the egg beaters in a coffee mug in the microwave at work and eat at my desk. I found this idea on www.hungrygirl.com, it is a great site for low calorie meal ideas.
  • jjusticenow
    Options
    one cup of chocolate almomd milk with a banana add ice. It leaves me full until lunch
  • txlissa62
    txlissa62 Posts: 128
    Options
    Egg Beaters topped with pico de gallo
    A slice of toast with jam
    A cup of 2% milk

Though I normally try to stay away from processed foods, I use Egg Beaters for the lower calories. Three eggs is 240 calories, while an equivalent amount of Egg Beaters is 75. The pico de gallo and bread are homemade, and the jam is from the farmers market.
  • angelraguel
    angelraguel Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    2 slices of bacon ,2 eggs and mushrooms fried with olive oil on a low setting as if its fried on a high setting it turns to fat. this breaky includes, protein, fats and low carb and no sugars like cereal. best thing i ever did was switching to this from cereal !
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Apparently the best thing to do, if you want to lose weight, is have a high protein breakfast. It fills you up and stops you craving junk later in the day. So I do this, at least when I'm working - I boil eggs in advance and have a hard boiled egg for breakfast, which is very easy. I also have a green drink - barleygrass or wheatgrass - as this gives me energy and helps me feel well. I find this breakfast works well for me.

But when it's the holidays, like now, I tend to have a smaller breakfast - wheatgrass and a banana and some cacao nibs.
  • rowyourboat
    rowyourboat Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Kashi 7 Grain waffles topped with one ounce of plain greek yogurt, with either strawberries or blueberries.
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs with some kind of veggie in there with a little parmesan and topped with salsa.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    blueberries, blackberries, or apple.
    1 slice of dry, 100% whole-grain toasted bread with 1 slice of 99% fat free turkey breast.
    1 fresh tomato
    hot tea (no milk, no sugar)

That sounds like a great breakfast. I think I will have to try that for breakfast this week.

250 calories, 1 g protein, 1/2 g fat--i sense a problem.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    1 cup greek yogurt, topped with 1 oz slivered almonds, and 1/2 cup berries. Hard boiled egg for a mid morning snack with some fresh chopped veggies. AWESOME! ~25-35g protein, healthy fats, and fiber.
  • kannemollen
    kannemollen Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Kashi or Vans waffles are good choices. Quick and you can do a lot with them really fast. I love spreading 2 tbs of peanut butter over them. I also sometimes do light cream or ricotta cheese with a little cinnamon. Both ways are easy to eat on the go. Otherwise if you have time they're great topped with berries (frozen or fresh).

Rolled oats cooked with water, a little protein powder, a little milk and some fruit in the blender is another good idea.

Kashi Island Vanilla cereal, Fiber One (the original) is really low cal and filling, hard boiled eggs. You can also cook eggs in a coffee mug int he microwave (about 1 minute per egg) and add in cheese or veggies or whatever to it too. That's quick and easy to eat on the go.

La Favorita burritos - I think they sell them a lot of places but we get ours at Walmart... you can get a 6 pack for around $7. They're pretty low cal and only take about 2 minutes in the microwave!

Otherwise YOGURT! Chobani is high in protein, tasty, and on the lower end for sugar content.

Good luck!
  • merie08
    merie08 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    coffee.thats about it.
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    Porridge made with water
    honey
    blueberries
    banana
    Fresh squeezed orange juice
    hot tea with milk
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Workdays..a Jimmy Dean light breakfast sandwich and some fruit. Weekends, usually a baby bella and spinach scramble. Sometimes I'll have oatmeal or cereal, but those are my go-to breakfasts. With coffee.
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    - Two egg whites.
    - One egg.
    - 1 slice unsmoked back bacon.
    - 3 slices of quorn bacon.
    - 1 spring onion.
    - Salt + pepper + Curry poweder.
    - 8 Sprays of extra virgin oil.
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    -Multigrain cheerios/fibre one/etc, milk, banana
    -2 eggos, light pancake syrup and fruit.
    -Multigrain toast, becel tsp or peanut butter, whole eggs 1 or 2 (Don't be afraid of the yolks ppl)
    -Oatmeal, yogurt, fruit
    -Coffee! Brewed at home for less cals.
  • nokittyno
    nokittyno Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Scrambled Eggs, sometime Omelette. My trick is pre-chopping the vegetables/onions - etc, and putting them into containers, so I can wake up - whip out the pan, and cook away as I get ready. Example of my Omelette this morning:

378288_10150940268696191_1900739048_n.jpg

Calories: 410.
    Egg White Omelette with all the fixings:
    Egg Whites
    Light Swiss Cheese
    Jalapeños, Chopped
    Peppers, Chopped
    A Mushroom, Sliced
    Sweet Onion, Chopped
    Can of Clover Leaf Garlic & Hot Pepper, heated through
    Chilli Hot Sauce
    Mrs Dash, Garlic & Herb Blend

Macros'

Calories: 410
    Carbs: 6g
    Fat: 14g
    Protein: 60g!
    Sugar: 2g

You can omit here and there though - omit the cheese and save about 100, but @50 cals a slice, and protein, eh, I like it.
  • SandraD27
    SandraD27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love fried ham for breakfast and the brand I buy is only 90 calories for 3 oz (that is four slices). Add some light whole wheat toast with sugar free jam and a fruit and I have a huge breakfast for under 200 calories (depending on the fruit I choose).
  • avocado12
    avocado12 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    1 slice of dry wholemeal toast and 1 boiled egg. Tons of water.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    What is wrong with egg yokes!!!??? Is there some bro science article that I'm unaware of? It's just a waste to throw out any part of the egg, especially the more tasty part....

--P
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I have hot oatmeal with fruit and almond butter basically every morning. Sometimes I do overnight oats for a change.