What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• hiawathaperez
    hiawathaperez Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Make up some breakfast muffins in cupcake tins.
    egg w whatever you like with them, cheese, bell peppers, onions
    and the like. Mix up in a bowl. Spray muffin tin with
    olive oil or what ever you like. Bake till done then store in the
    fridge. Pop one in the wave on your way out the door on
    those busy mornings....I also keep protein drinks blended
    fresh berries. Truthfully no morning ever truly starts with out
    without light roast espresso.
    Vroom vroom.
  • blume15
    blume15 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have gone back to eggs for breakfast . Fills me up until lunch. Poached egg on 1 slice of whole grain toast and coffee . Or I sautee some veggies and throw an egg on top .
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I do a smoothie and a muffin top. I didn't think I'd like the muffin tops so I avoided them but they are really nice and filling and only 100 calories. I think they're called Vita-Tops Muffin Tops or something. It's like a healthy muffin but also on the top of it. :bigsmile:

The smoothie I',m doing right now is called RAW meal but I do add tons of frozen fruit to it. I have a little single serve Oster blender. The blender cup is cute and portable and sleek (not like the Bullet which is a bit bulky). I literally spend 3 minutes on breakfast.

My breakfast is high in potassium, iron, calcium, protein and around 300 calories or less.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Yogurt mixed with high fiber cereal and fresh fruit.
  • Sequence88
    Options
    Green smoothies! I work a LOT, so I make them ahead of time, two at a time so I only have to prepare them every third night after work, and I just put them in a sealable cup in my fridge, stir before I leave and take them with me. SO nutritious, delicious and filling! Google it, lots of tasty creations!
  • jenbehe
    jenbehe Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and toast or some hard boiled eggs! (make them the night before to save you some time)
  • Westiegirl9
    Options
    That sounds wonderful. I'm trying it for sure. I want flavor!
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Something fast, easy and delicious: Kashi Cinnamon Harvest Cereal (Organic Whole Wheat Biscuits), I have that with soy milk.

Also, a cup of V8 and a multi-vitamin.

And coffee! A must!
  • miss_grad
    miss_grad Posts: 102
    Options
    Green smoothies! I work a LOT, so I make them ahead of time, two at a time so I only have to prepare them every third night after work, and I just put them in a sealable cup in my fridge, stir before I leave and take them with me. SO nutritious, delicious and filling! Google it, lots of tasty creations!

YES. Green smoothies are amazing. A good blender helps.

My usual:
    1-3 cups of Kale
    2-3 cups of Spinach
    Chia Seeds
    Frozen Broccoli and Cauliflower
    1-2 cups Vanilla Almond Milk
    Stevia drops

Sometimes I'll ditch the Stevia drops for some natural fruit-sweeteners:
    1 frozen banana/4 strawberries

Sometimes I'll ditch any sweetener all together and make a nasty-tasting (but healthy concoction). I'll usually add things like radishes. They taste horrid, but are filling and actually make me feel pretty good.

OR

Sometimes I'll make Paleo Pancakes after a good work out.

All egg whites
    Almond Flour
    Sliced Strawberries
    Stevia drops
    Pumpkin Spice and/or Cinnamon
  • VinoFonseca
    VinoFonseca Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Grape nuts or kashi gran puff cereal with 1/2 c. Blueberries and 3 oz chobani plain yogurt

1 slice Toasted Ezekial sprouted grain bread with 1 tbsp raw almond butter and sliced banana on top. Yummy

2 slices Ryvita crisp bread with pumpkin seeds and 1 tbsp almond butter

I've been coffee free for about a month, but thinking about falling off the wagon. I just enjoy a cup of coffee, black.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I usually have these on hand .......

- HB eggs
    - sauteed mushrooms & onions
    - sauteed zucchini, onions & pine nuts
    - eggplant ratatouille
    - raw red & green peppers
    - Laughing Cow wedges
    - deli turkey breast
    - deli roast beef
    - Ezekial bread
    - fruit
    - yogurt

Lots of different options there for breakfast & lunch ......
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Porridge, a banana, a black tea and a litre of water, my favourite breakfast by far:)
  • jillytilley
    Options
    If you're willing to spend about 15 minutes the night before with prep, this breakfast takes about 10mins total, if not less.

2 cups of chopped veg. I usually use mushrooms, red pepper, zucchini and tomato. saute in olive oil on high heat for a few minutes. add two whisked eggs, a crack of black pepper and stir up till set. sometimes I add a bit of goat cheese and I always add a tablespoon of Sriracha, but I like the spice.

I have it with a few slices whole-grain dry toast we get from our organic bakery. It's very filling and since it's mostly veg instead of mostly egg, I don't feel like I have to use whites (yet. we'll see when my cals go down)

You could also make whole grain muffins the night before. they've got lots of protein and you can modify them to suit your tastes.
  • lshaunessy
    Options
    2 eggs scrambled with 2 tbsp pico de gallo that I make before hand
    2 slices of Sara Lee 45 cal whole grain toast
    1 wedge of Laughing Cow Garden Vegetable cream cheese on the toast
  • jonidiane
    Options
    hardboiled egg, string cheese or 1 oz (weighed/measured) nuts, fresh fruit. I eat in the car weekdays so I do wash it down with coffee (gotta have a little sugar, this is a deal breaker) and lots of water. I find that this lasts me until lunch and I can get by with less food at lunch and dinner.
  • nichole9937
    Options
    Special K Protein Plus cereal and whatever berries I have on hand! :)
  • bubulinnaa
    Options
    1 cup plain instant oatmeal
    1 cup vanilla amond milk
    preferably mixed the night before. yam.
  • ansy96
    ansy96 Posts: 55
    Options
    2 slices of bacon and a pancake
    1 cup freshly squizzed juice, 2 slices of bread, jam
    juice, oat bran,milk/yoghurt, egg
    2 eggs with curd

All of the instant and fat-free foods are trash. Eat less,but quality. My opinion.
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I usually work out as soon as I get up and then have a protein shake for breakfast. I make green tea as soon as I get to work, and then eat some almonds or an apple and yogurt an hour or two later.

Tomorrow I'm trying oatmeal and half a grapefruit to change it up. Check out the recipe forum for overnight oatmeal. Honestly though, I fricking love smoothies so I'm super content to just throw some soy milk, whey, berries and ice in a blender and call it breakfast.
  • Vincette
    Vincette Posts: 11
    Options
    Brekkie is my favourite meal of the day at the moment. I have a 40g bowl of Special K with 1/2 cup skim milk, one sliced strawberry and a small handful of blueberries (and about 1/2 a tsp of sugar, but please don't tell my hips!)

If I plan ahead I sometimes treat myself to Carman's original muesli with low fat strawberry yoghurt and blueberries. OMG yummmm. Mouth watering just thinking about it.

I am ALWAYS over on my sugar though, but most of it is from fruit and veg.