Am I REALLY the only 5'2 one here??

Options

Replies

• cutierozie
    cutierozie Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm not even 5'.

I'm 4' 11" and weigh 161.2lbs. Every pound on us make a big difference. Also people must remember that although you say you want to lose weight and tone up you will most likely stay the same as you will build muscle trying to tone up. We all also carry weight differently so if you losing more will make you feel better go for it!!
  • KStyleFitness
    KStyleFitness Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    5'2" here!! There are actually sooo-ooomany of us, you may be asking the wrong people. My soft goal is always 120 but if I push myself, 110 would be great. Depending on your frame, you weight loss goal sounds fine to me. I have a very small frame (my 10 year old daughter has bigger hands than me) so I need to be on the low end of teh range.
  • jmilian825
    jmilian825 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    well I'm 5'1" 67lbs to lose
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" but I am 59 so the weight loss would be different according to what I read. MFP is working wonderfully for me though and I follow the emtwl group although I am using the 1200 calorie figure MFP came up with for me and I eat over my cals some days and under others, pretty much by accident.

denise
  • KateinSomerset
    KateinSomerset Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 4ft 9 and 3/4 inches...... (yes I am a grown-up!) and I think I'm going to start my own fansite for those waaaaayyyyyy under 5ft!
  • WorkItArianna
    Options
    Good news! You're definitely not the shortest person here! I'm 5' 0.75" tall! Er, I mean short. Hahaha.
  • Tina1970s
    Options
    I'm 5'2
    at 42
    need to lose about 32
  • whairigaila
    Options
    I'm 5ft3lb and burrently weigh 228lb. Lost 8lb so far and have another 90lb to go....small people rock!lol x
  • Tina1970s
    Options
    I'm 42
    5'2"
    CW 150
  • annoyingG
    Options
    Im 5'1 and weighs 99 lbs. For my height, thats pretty fat, especially my thighs and my belly :(
  • kaw831
    kaw831 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and was hovering around 120 all last year with my ultimate goal to be 115.
  • meljofield
    Options
    There is a group for Shorties.
  • elifmemis
    elifmemis Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", I haven't weighed 120 in a really long time...But I do remember trying to lose weight back then and it was hard work! Please add me if you like:)
  • SouthernCountryGirl
    SouthernCountryGirl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". I weighed 105 in high school, wore a size 1 and loved the way I looked. Now I'm 49 and weigh 157. My goal weight is 120ish and it's hard as hell to get this crap off me now that I'm older lol!!! But I'm working hard and MFP is helping, along with my friends on here. They help me keep on track.

I completely understand what you are wanting when you say you'd like to lose a few more pounds. At our height, a lot of times it depends on a person's body type as to what we look like with a few added pounds here and there. A few pounds can make a BIG difference on a short person.

I wish you success in your journey. If you or anyone else want more friends, feel free to ad me. Support is an amazing thing!! :D
  • Sloth_TurtleGirl
    Sloth_TurtleGirl Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1"
  • avocado12
    avocado12 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Highly doubt it..
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Im 5'1 and weighs 99 lbs. For my height, thats pretty fat, especially my thighs and my belly :(

^^ I doubt you're fat :/ It's cool if you want to lose weight or tone up but if you are 99 lbs, you are NOT fat lol :)
  • Kamono26
    Options
    I'm 5'2". All through out High School I weighed 160lbs. I always heard comments that I was big and blah blah blah. In my early to mid 20's I was determined to lose weight so went down to 120lbs. But when I turned 27 I was in a major car accident and somehow went up to 160lbs so i started working out again & went down to 115lbs. N then people started talking that I was too skinny.

My point is, people are going to talk regardless! They talked because I was too big then they talked because I was too skinny!! So my advice is go with whatever makes YOU happy, as long as it's healthy. I was so fed up that I finally went to the Dr & she told me that for my height 115lbs was a healthy weight for me. Medically i was ok, I finally felt comfortable and good about myself & ultimately that's all that matters. So do whatever feels right to you.

Right now I just had a baby, I weigh 140lbs & he's 10 months. So my goal is to lose as much as possible by the time he turns 1. My goal is low 120's but I'll be happy if I get to the low 130's and i'll continue from there. If possible I hope to be 115lb again, but i'll be 32 by then and I hear it's harder to loose weight as you get older so i'm taking this one step at a time :-)
  • MaybeAMonkey
    Options
    I'm 5' and half of one inch! Losing 8 pounds at your height/weight sounds like a pretty healthy goal to me, especially if you have a small frame! Feel free to add me if you're looking for a fellow shortie. :)
  • GrandmaPeridow
    GrandmaPeridow Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am 4'9". I weigh around 153. i am 64years old. My currant goal is 130. Just before I got pregnant with my first child I got up to 98 lbs. Just after my second child was born I weighed 113lbs. I would like to get that low again. It will take a lot of work. The most important thing I want is to be around for my grandchildren for a long time.