the olympians bodies.

Options
it seems, at far as my limited watching of the olympics has shown me, that every sport has a certain type of body, so it got me thinking, which body would I like to have and obviously the way I would get that body is to do that sport the person sporting the body does. :)

short dist runners = strong defined arms and legs
long dist runners = slim all over
weight lifters = very strong and very defined all over
pole vaulter = abs of steel
there are others but thats a small sample of what I saw :)

I personally love the swimmers body for myself, they have the strength but aren't so defined,

My normal exercise has been running long distance, but since im not going for a slim body I thought Id better add swimming to that and hope I get my swimmers body.

which sports body would you love to have?

Replies

• torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    It's a matter of taste I guess, was watching swimming with a male friend and he was commenting in a non complimentary way about how broad the girls' shoulders were... Whilst I was thinking how I wished I had shoulders like that
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    It's a matter of taste I guess, was watching swimming with a male friend and he was commenting in a non complimentary way about how broad the girls' shoulders were... Whilst I was thinking how I wished I had shoulders like that

lol, I love the broad shoulders, well I have to I have them already :) Just that mine have a layer of unwanted fat on them :(
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    From a male perspective, olympic gymnasts. Insane muscularity and strength!

stronggymnast.jpg
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Oh to look like those gymnasts! Wow!
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Jessica Ennis, for me please (but taller)
  • MelissaA35
    MelissaA35 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would love to have a combination of a runners legs, weight lifters arms and of course abs of steel. That would be perfect dont you think?
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Jessica Ennis has the perfect bod!
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Give me Lolo Jones' body pls

lolo-jones.jpg

also on a list made by men's health over the sexiest women in the olympics, 3 were swimmers out of 12 on the list.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Peter Waterfield the Olympic diver has pretty much the ideal physique. I could only dream of being so toned!

olympics-PeterWaterfield1.jpg
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    On the BBC website you can find out which one you already have!! It compares your height and weight against the athletes competing. I came out as a weightlifter from Ecuador.....fortunately a female one!!!
  • slendergirl1988
    Options
    Those marathon girls' bodies please please! I love (trying to not make this sound weird) how small their chests are, I've always had a huge chest. I'd also LOVE to be able to run a marathon ... one day maybe!! Can run about 12km now, aiming for a half marathon by mid next year :)
  • elinakalna
    Options
    I wouldn't mind to be 4 foot tall with Jesicas body!
  • sgarrard01
    sgarrard01 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm an Argentinian basketball player named Facundo Campazzo! lol
  • SilverOnTheTree
    SilverOnTheTree Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    The heptathlon women are all built like goddesses; you can imagine Artemis recruiting them to her hunting parties. I don't know what I'd prefer... anything which propels my body across the finish line will be fine!
  • jrwatson87
    Options
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/mattbellassai/olympic-booty-appreciation-6z51

An appreciation of all the great, male Olympian butts out there this year :-p
  • beccalucy
    beccalucy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Heptathlete would be nice!
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    Peter Waterfield the Olympic diver has pretty much the ideal physique. I could only dream of being so toned!

olympics-PeterWaterfield1.jpg
    This... WOW
  • hayley9914
    hayley9914 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    would happily swap with Jessica Ennis!!
  • amclaws25
    amclaws25 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Gymnast body all the way for me. Those girls are SOLID and still have beautiful curves. My 10 year old daughter is a gymnast but is becoming very womanly already...... Ugh! Anyways, I always envy her amazing abs with v cuts and the curvy booties. :) One day, my daughter will be in those Olympics! ;)
  • amclaws25
    amclaws25 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    From a male perspective, olympic gymnasts. Insane muscularity and strength!

stronggymnast.jpg

The strength it takes to do these rings is amazing. I love gymnasts! My daughters favorite event is bars, ripped open calluses and all. Lol