the olympians bodies.

Options

Replies

• Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    On the BBC website you can find out which one you already have!! It compares your height and weight against the athletes competing. I came out as a weightlifter from Ecuador.....fortunately a female one!!!

Yes, I tried it and I was the same as a weightlifter too From Chile, LOL. Yes, female lifter:laugh:

I'm a canoe sprinter from the Cook Islands...who is male. *sigh* :(
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    I'm gonna say beach volleyball.. Because I play already lol
  • Moonblood
    Moonblood Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm like a female boxer from Tunisia according to that site!
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I love the women's gymnastics team bodies -- muscular and toned, but still tiny. I have the petiteness and the solid quad muscles to have a body like that, just need to tone a bit and lose some body fat.
  • Mbishop7684
    Mbishop7684 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Ok so I don't know how to upload pictures.... BUT here's the link. Anyone take a look at the US Women's Olympic Field Hockey Team??

http://www.latimes.com/sports/olympics/la-sp-oly-field-hockey-20120801,0,7845999.story

Yea I'll take their body ANY day! I mean they are lean but VERY muscular and bad @ss!! Flip through the pics...
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I think they all look weird and disproportionate.

Maybe on TV they look great and in terms of being at the event, you expect them to look that way, but if you saw them in person standing I your house, they would look a bit odd. Take the girls gymnasts, I think they are bordering fat. I know they are super strong, and that's just how they look because of what they do, but they are right on the edge. Swimmers, huge oddly broad shoulders. It looks good on tv, but I've seen these people in person, and in steet clothes, they look weird. Not unfit, just odd.

Anyway, I'm ready for the lynching for calling the girl gymnasts fat. Lol. Whateves. They aren't fat, just teetering right on the edge of it. I don't like the look. If you were to see them in jeans, you would think they were overweight.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Gabby Douglas is 4'11 and 90 lbs. That's not bordering anywhere near the edge of fat.
  • Vansy
    Options

Maybe on TV they look great and in terms of being at the event, you expect them to look that way, but if you saw them in person standing I your house, they would look a bit odd. Take the girls gymnasts, I think they are bordering fat. I know they are super strong, and that's just how they look because of what they do, but they are right on the edge. Swimmers, huge oddly broad shoulders. It looks good on tv, but I've seen these people in person, and in steet clothes, they look weird. Not unfit, just odd.

Anyway, I'm ready for the lynching for calling the girl gymnasts fat. Lol. Whateves. They aren't fat, just teetering right on the edge of it. I don't like the look. If you were to see them in jeans, you would think they were overweight.

Borderline fat? I'm confused by that considering they're bodies are raw muscle. i would hate to think of what you would think of a normal person like me with 20% body fat, I must be a beached whale!
    Their bodies aren't stick thin because they actually have muscles and work-out. But they're by no means FAT.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Yeah, an Olympic swimmer's body has a lot more to do with the time in the weight room than the time in the pool.

While the time in the weight room is obviously a factor, it's doubtful that the difference in physiques between different types of athelets is not also affected by the incredibly massive amount of sport specifc training they do.
    Genetics actually play the main factor in physique. As someone already said, Olympic athletes become Olympic athletes because they have the body type for their specific sport. They don't achieve a certain physique because of the sport they choose. No amount of sport specific training will help a 5'3" man become an Olympic basketball center. Same with a swimmer, wide shoulders, long limbs, those are genetic physical traits, sport specific training will not give someone those traits.
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options

Not a lynching, but female competitive gymnasts are well under 18% BF (probably around 14%). What makes them look fat is that most don't have hips and then then need super strong obliques which adds bulk to the waist so they don't have much a figure.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Take the girls gymnasts, I think they are bordering fat.

One jelly donut from morbidly obese. Poor girls. How they can manage to move around at all much less flip around is beyond me.
    Gabby-Doulas-London-2012-Womens-Gymnastics-Individual-Uneven-Bars-Final-2-600x379.jpg
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I like the bodies of the soccer players best. Both male and female.
  • Vansy
    Options
    I like the bodies of the soccer players best. Both male and female.

Me also. But I might be biased since I've played soccer my whole life and definitely have always had soccer players typical body.
  • annoz
    annoz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! I am most like Nooa Takooa...a male competing in the 100m.

I'm a girl!!

My husband is most like a female handball player so I guess all's fair!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Female gymnasts, who are known for their propensity to have eating disorders, look fat?

COMMENCE THE LYNCHING
  • vivie72
    vivie72 Posts: 127 Member
    Options

Borderline fat? I'm confused by that considering they're bodies are raw muscle. i would hate to think of what you would think of a normal person like me with 20% body fat, I must be a beached whale!
    Their bodies aren't stick thin because they actually have muscles and work-out. But they're by no means FAT.

Those girls are pure muscle. Borderline fat...that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. You have a warped perception of healthy.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who doesn't want to look like an Olympian? I wanna keep my big boobs, thank you very much. I know the swim suits and uniforms don't help and they probably bind or whatever but still. I still wouldn't want to be mistaken for a boy while competing. So fit and feminine for me thanks. For the record, I'm impressed they are able to achieve that level of fitness, it's just not for me. >.<
    So you are implying these beautiful women can be mistaken for boys and do not look feminine? ......Saying its not the type of body you want for yourself is one thing, but to describe their physiques in such a way is uncalled for.
  • Jaymazing
    Jaymazing Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Haha, I got Zara Philips, the British Equestrian. Of course I would get the one sport that doesn't require a ton of athleticism. Lol.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options

Maybe on TV they look great and in terms of being at the event, you expect them to look that way, but if you saw them in person standing I your house, they would look a bit odd. Take the girls gymnasts, I think they are bordering fat. I know they are super strong, and that's just how they look because of what they do, but they are right on the edge.

My rebuttal.

olympicgymnastics.jpg

Your move.....