Curious, is anyone Juicing?

Options

Replies

• knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    When you juice you don't get any pulp. You get the pulp when you blend.

Everytime I juice fruits that have pulp I get tons of pulp.

What type of juicer are you using? A citrus juicer will give you pulp. I hate mine, but I don't get any pulp at least. I think they key to effective juicing is just bite the bullet and pay the extra money for a really good juicer, I skimped and bought one that was only around $100...and. I hate it.
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Save the pulp from your juicer - freeze it in ice trays and use in stock for soups or add to tomato sauce for incredible richness and extra vitamins and minerals added to your pasta sauces and soups and stews. We freeze into cubes then put in an airtight container in freezer to add. AMAZING addition to all my cooking!
  • nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    When you juice you don't get any pulp. You get the pulp when you blend.

Everytime I juice fruits that have pulp I get tons of pulp.

What type of juicer are you using? A citrus juicer will give you pulp. I hate mine, but I don't get any pulp at least. I think they key to effective juicing is just bite the bullet and pay the extra money for a really good juicer, I skimped and bought one that was only around $100...and. I hate it.

I have a black and decker juicer. One of my co-workers has a breville and she says she gets pulp in her juice all the time. So if she juices and orange, grapefruit etc, but ofcourse she loves the pulp
  • roodledoodle
    roodledoodle Posts: 183
    Options
    Is it just me who thought this was a threat about Fifty Shades of Grey?! :laugh:
  • nashai01
    Options
    Is it just me who thought this was a threat about Fifty Shades of Grey?! :laugh:

Lol yes just you. I love that book but I didn't think of it when I looked at this thread lmao
  • nashai01
    Options
    bump
  • Lainnee
    Lainnee Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I hope someone else clicks on this thinking it's about steroid use. :-\
    Yup.

Double yup
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I hope someone else clicks on this thinking it's about steroid use. :-\

:drinker:
  • staceface519
    Options
    Just breakfast in which i turn my juice into a smoothie :)
  • pmad37
    pmad37 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am sitting here now drinking my carrot, celery, spinach, chia seed and pineapple smoothie :)
  • dreamsofescaping
    dreamsofescaping Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi nashai01, I juice and I have been for a few months. I bought a Breville after I saw the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv3vEXy_EwU

I bike ride to work and have always been dragging a bunch of vegetables on my back. I needed a way to lighten the load, so I now juice my veggies and put them on my road bike in a Polar bottle.

You can read about all of the 'rebooters' here:
    https://www.facebook.com/FatSickandNearlyDead

I don't do the "reboot". I changed my diet over a year ago and have lost almost 40lbs. Now I just juice 1 meal a day. Its convenient and really good for me. For me its helped me A LOT. I no longer fall asleep in the afternoon :) .. Tons of energy.

The problem I see if you juice for 30 days...then what? Go back to your old way of eating? Not healthy, I incorporated it into my daily meal and just made it part of my life. I also juice for the family and make them smoothies, not green drinks, they don't like them.

I do pour my green drink into ice cube trays, freeze them, then add them to meals for the kids. They have no idea they are getting the greens :)

LOVE the idea about freezing them into icecube trays!!!! Can they taste a difference? I think I may just do this for my daughter :-D
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I did the 3day reboot after watching Fat Sick and Nearly Dead http://www.hulu.com/watch/289122 I was amazed at how much energy I had, slept like a baby and lost 5lbs (which is alot considering that I'm not to far off my goal weight). Since then I add juicing to supplement my daily meals and plan to do a 3 day reboot monthly.
  • suegmune
    suegmune Posts: 81
    Options
    I have a vitamix -- it is the best thing I have spent money on in a long time -- I've done so much more than juicing in it, but it does work great for whole juicing. I usually like a simple carrot/apple/ginger(optional) smoothie, which I sometimes add kale and/or spinach to.

I too wanted to get more vegetables into my diet. Another thing I like to do in the vitamix to add veggies is to take the leftover veggies from the week (the ones that really aren't good for a raw salad anymore) and make them into a salsa consistency, and then boil them down...and add it to meatballs or whatever else I'm making. It makes food juicy and adds some extra nutrients.

One other idea about adding veggies is to try making some kale chips. They are fantastic and give me the crunch that I sometimes need -- great snack!
  • suegmune
    suegmune Posts: 81
    Options
    So this week while at Whole Foods buying all my fresh organic vegetables and fruits for juicing my husband came across beets. He suggested tryingto add those to my Green juice because he heard they are also very healthy for you. Well..... I am not impressed LOL first the beets are really really red and looked almost like blood and then they have a strong smell and taste - kinda bitter. So I do not like beets!!! He laughed because he doesn't drink it.... We do fruit for him!!!

So my story is, no beets for me!!!!!

A friend of mine does beets, celery and either mango or papaya (along with, I think, protein powder and maybe some other stuff). She likes it a lot.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    So this week while at Whole Foods buying all my fresh organic vegetables and fruits for juicing my husband came across beets. He suggested tryingto add those to my Green juice because he heard they are also very healthy for you. Well..... I am not impressed LOL first the beets are really really red and looked almost like blood and then they have a strong smell and taste - kinda bitter. So I do not like beets!!! He laughed because he doesn't drink it.... We do fruit for him!!!

So my story is, no beets for me!!!!!

A friend of mine does beets, celery and either mango or papaya (along with, I think, protein powder and maybe some other stuff). She likes it a lot.

Yes I have a hard time with the beets, they smell like a moldy basement and taste dirtlike. However I have posted a few recipes to incorporate them in, using carrot juice and starting with 1/2 beet and working your way up. Beets are awesome for you, just look up the benefits and it will convince you to give at least 1/2 beet a chance. Just futz with the ingredients, I think one of the recipes I did, I did oranges, beet and carrots and the juice tasted great and no moldy basement smell.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I have a vitamix -- it is the best thing I have spent money on in a long time -- I've done so much more than juicing in it, but it does work great for whole juicing. I usually like a simple carrot/apple/ginger(optional) smoothie, which I sometimes add kale and/or spinach to.

I too wanted to get more vegetables into my diet. Another thing I like to do in the vitamix to add veggies is to take the leftover veggies from the week (the ones that really aren't good for a raw salad anymore) and make them into a salsa consistency, and then boil them down...and add it to meatballs or whatever else I'm making. It makes food juicy and adds some extra nutrients.

One other idea about adding veggies is to try making some kale chips. They are fantastic and give me the crunch that I sometimes need -- great snack!

ME TOO! The Vitamix is the best money I've ever spent. I got my juicer for free.
  • nashai01
    Options
    I have to check out the vitamix
  • brodi3man
    brodi3man Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I looked into Gods eyes and you know what i saw?? THE JUICE WEASEL!!
  • Jemellc
    Jemellc Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Im juicing... :) love it.

Heres a good one!

2 small apples
    1 large orange
    3 carrot sticks
    1 celery
    small piece of ginger

pour it over ice & its awesome! I would add the orange last & ginger in the middle.