Replies

• mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    I was 18 and now I am 30 :)
  • MrAllia
    MrAllia Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I remember when cell phones came out. I also remember when a time before Microsoft existed (Yay DOS), oh, remember when those pesky dinosaurs roamed the earth?! Ah, the good ole' days. Beepers were the rave in my teens/tweens 911, 3407, 14, 07734 (Translated means Emergency, Love, Hi, and Hello in number form on a beeper) My first cell phone must have been when I was 25. It was a Mitsubishi phone, revolutionary at the time.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    17 paid for myself - lucky i worked for the phone supplier so got to choose my number as aswell !!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I was 16. and paid for it myself....I am 36 now.....I was actually the first person I knew that had one....I was SO busy though, that it really came in handy....

Edited to add: I had a pager at some point too, but it was AFTER that first phone, not sure why now, too long ago, can't recall......
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I had a pager first. My first cell phone was 23, I worked for Nextel and it came with the job. It was so heavy, it broke the straps on my pocketbook. I am 38 now.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    i was 15 and a big upgrade from my pager. I'm 25 now.
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Got mine at 18 when I started working, I'm 26.
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    zack-morris-phone.jpg

Ha! This was the first thing I thought of.
  • kalawhon
    kalawhon Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I believe my mom bought me and my brother one when I was 17, didn't use it much bc the minutes ran out.. Ha!. I'm 25 now.. (that cell phone didn't last long)
  • kalawhon
    kalawhon Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    zack-morris-phone.jpg

Ha! This was the first thing I thought of.

haha funny!!
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I was 20, 32 now!
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I got my first one at 14. I worked the entire summer babysitting so I could buy it and pay the entire year in advance. I'm 24.
  • OneFitDude16
    Options
    when i was 12
  • staceface519
    Options
    I got my first cell phone at 17 when i started driving. . . after that i had to buy every cell phone ive ever owned and pay my bill. . . (i miss my $20 bill ). . . now im 27 and spend way to much on cell phones and plans lol
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    19. This is back when many people my age didn't have cell phones. Mine was tiny compared to those Nokia bricks they used to hand out. It was an Ericsson flip-phone on VOICESTREAM! This was before T-Maybe even EXISTED!

I've been rolling with VZN since 2003, though.
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I was really young - about 10/11. It was my mum's old phone (a super old Nokia 6110 I think) and it was only for emergencies or calling to tell me dinner was ready when I was playing at a friends.

I'm 20 now.
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    hmmm first cell phone was one of those car phones, it was one of those bagged phones, does that count?? and I was 16. I am 31 now :)
  • staceface519
    Options
    I was SO cool with my pager at 17. Remember getting 911 pages from my friends and having to find a pay phone to see what was up. Cell phone wasn't until I was 19 and leaving for college. It was HUGE.

HAHA i remember those days. . . i had a pager before a cell phone and my parents were pissed because id never call them back. . then they got me a cell phone so i had no excuse. lol.

P.S. pagers were AWESOME!
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I got mine at 25 when I started working in Customer Services for a mobile phone company and they were still relatively new for use outside of work so most of us hadn't had one. I'm 39 now
  • amberecochran
    amberecochran Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I think I was 25 when I got my first cell phone. I am 35 now.