Replies

• sdow
    sdow Posts: 71
    Options
    46 when I got the cell phone. I am 56.
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    hehe I was probably around 23 or so. And it was a bag phone. lol I'm 39.
  • outtanms
    outtanms Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty old, does a pager count?

^^^^^^^^^this. LOL!
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
  • tashmash2011
    Options
    11 years old i'm 22 now, a bright blue Alcatel one that flashed when it rang with a matching watch!, it was a present for passing my grammar school test and also re-assurance for my mum because i was just starting high-school and getting the bus on my own which i'd never done before and travelling the 6 miles to school and back every day.
    I have a little boy who's 3 now though and i wouldn't dream of letting him have one so young, but only because these days you can access the internet, go on bbm, facebook twitter etc off your phone and i don't think anyone under 16 should have access to those, although i'll see in 8 years time i'll have probably buckled after endless nagging for the lasest I phone or blackberry seems all the kids have them these days!
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    It was 2003 so i was 24! it was a giant Nextel flip phone. I did get my first gigantic digital camera in 1999 though.
  • mariagabriella
    mariagabriella Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    11, 20.
  • DekuNutty
    Options
    I think I HAD a phone from when I was about 14 or 15 (got given my sisters old one.) but I never once used it, left it in a drawer, and got my first actual phone when I was 18. I'm 21 now.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    :noway: I think I was 21....I'm 38 now.... so your going back to 1995 :ohwell:
  • spazz_face
    Options
    I was 12 and I am now 20.

:)
  • HannahsReturnToFitness
    Options
    I was 14. My parents brought me a phone as I was travelling lost distances on a bus everyday and had no way of informing them if something went wrong. I am 20 now.
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I got my nokia 3310 when I was 13. I'm 22 now and have an iPhone 4
  • Ekoria
    Ekoria Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I was about 13 and I am now 27
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure I was in College...I don't recall having one before that...I was commuting, taking 18 credits and working full time so my parents wanted me to be able to have a way of getting a hold of someone in an emergency since I was out from 7 AM until 11 PM with school and work.
  • cbendorf13
    cbendorf13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I was about 20, my mom wanted me to have one for college, I am 41 now. Wouldn't trade current android phone and service for the old one in a million years.
  • PaulaDygert
    PaulaDygert Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I got my first cell phone at 20, I was married and in a high risk pregnancy. We decided to get phones for my husband and I both I could get ahold of my husband if anything happened since I was put on bed rest at 10 weeks along. I am 27 now.
  • RainxPain
    RainxPain Posts: 152
    Options
    13. 18 now.
  • doin_it_in_the_gym
    Options
  • daughter_of_a_hungry_ghost
    Options
    I got my first cell phone when I was 11.
  • concavity
    concavity Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I got my first one when I was in 5th grade so I was 11? It was only because my school was horrible and I broke my wrist playing kickball yet the school nurse said don't worry about it because it was just a sprain, yeahh frigging right! So I had it to call my parents incase something like that happened again.
    It was a giant, silver, Motorola phone. Now I'm 18 and have an HTC, how phones have advanced so fast.