you might be a RUNNER if....

Options

Replies

• beccalucy
    beccalucy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You pick your vacation to suit your running need!

You forget normal socks when working away but not socks for running (all the time!)
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    You might be a runner if the Timex Ironman GPS/HR watch you got from your family for your birthday was the best gift you can ever remember receiving! And, you charged it right away and went for a quick 5k just to test it out!
  • Alma_Sana
    Alma_Sana Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    When you sprint because you are in a hurry to get some where and don't want to stop running when you arrive :p
  • TooHott2Trott
    TooHott2Trott Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am just starting running and got up at 5 today to calculate how long it will take for my run so I can still be ready for work and not be late when I return on the 14th!
    So you know you are a runner when you get up before daylight on a day off and you don't mind! :)

This is me. I have to be at work at 6am..... I set my clock for 2:30am to make sure my feet are on the pavement by 3. It sounds extreme to the "non-runner" until I'm kussin them out because I didn't run and and am wound tighter than a spool of thread...

I love this thread......

and everybody who runs!!!:wink::wink: :wink:
  • BarbACona
    Options
    I do this!:happy:
  • BarbACona
    Options
    I was going to say yes you are, it doesn't matter if you have just started or been running for years, they said it much better. Keep up the good work:happy:
  • SlimsLiftingMoreThanLipstick
    Options
    You might be a runner if you just realized an evening meeting is going to keep you from getting a run in, so you concoct a lie to leave work early so you can run and shower before the meeting!
  • BarbACona
    Options
    Hey we all have to start somewhere! I still say I'm a runner even if I just started. Just watch me:smokin:
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    you know a house in at least 2 directions that's exactly one mile away from your house... and you can quote random distances while driving by "oh yea the corner coming up is 5 miles from our house"
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You might be a RUNNER if....you can relate to way more posts than you ever thought you would!!!!!!!

^^^This. I really AM a runner it seems!!!
  • jrax1
    jrax1 Posts: 6
    Options
    you (and your spouse) have put enough miles on the treadmill to crack the deck, literally....and getting a new treadmill is a top priority.
  • cvance3
    cvance3 Posts: 64
    Options
    You might be a runner if you & your fiancee decide to run a marathon for your honeymoon!

(It's our first ever marathon, as well!)
  • charlottey22
    charlottey22 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You might be a Runner if your friends/coworkers say "I have bad knees so I don't run".

Yes everyone I know has bad knees..what a coincidence!!! :laugh:

lol i have bad knees and still run!! - it helps them! x :laugh: loved reading all this and thinking yep! x
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    you are stressed about today's Doctor's appointment and think, I should go for a run to feel better!
  • bigtwagner
    bigtwagner Posts: 113
    Options
    when you plan all your vacations around marathons, half marathons, or any other race!
  • kellybean14
    kellybean14 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    you might be a runner if...

you determine which house to put an offer on based off of the local running routes.
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    You might be a runner if...

you have intimate knowledge of many of the areas of your city on foot, but you have to use your GPS to drive the same area;

you have ever been greeted by a sleepy "how far did you go today?" as a first conversation of the morning by your spouse;

you've ever gone out for "just a short run" and had to stop and grab fuel or electrolytes because your 10k turned into 20k;

your dog knows your running buddies so well that she runs for her leash even when they're just coming for a social visit;

and you might be a cold weather runner if...

you do an automatic 15 degree (celsius) adjustment in your head when you check the weather to determine how many layers you'll actually have to wear;

you know the benefits of yak trax after an ice storm; and

your New Years Eve celebrations always begin with a resolution run!
  • runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I love this one......
    ... you smirk when non-runners ask you, "So how long is this marathon?"

HAAHAAA!!! Yes!!! Love it. As if they're all different distances!
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    if you've read all 300 posts...
  • runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    -You have made a hotel reservation in August 2012 for the Boston marathon in April 2013 to be sure you have a place to stay. Even though you haven't registered for the race yet!

-When invited out for dinner on a Saturday night, you're not afraid to ask what's on the menu and do you mind if I leave early to get up at 6am for Sunday morning long run.

-When your walking up a steep hill you think, it'd be easier to run up.

-You have your vacations planned for the next 3 years. New York, November 2012, Boston 2013, Colorado (Trans-Rockies) 2014

-You love the smell of new running shoes

I actually did think i was the only one who thinks its easier to run up a hill than walk!