Biggest Loser is back :D

Options

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I got teary eyed when they were weighing in public-just don't think I would have done that when I weighed 239 pounds.
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Can you believe that some of them lost over 25 lbs in a week...omg...That would make me reach my goal....Of course I want to be alive when I do it Jillian scares me hahaha
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I think the grand prize should be a lifetime membership in a gym and maybe a bunch of other new stuff, kind of like the showcase from the price is right only maybe on a larger scale.

I agree completely!!!! I think that a lifetime gym membership, an elliptical for the days I don't want to leave the house, a lifetime membership for one of those local share crop things ... and maybe free subs from Subway for a year ... would do it for me. :laugh:

The best prize of all, though? Being healthy!
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I thought the show was great - I was a mess when the poor blue Mom couldn't keep going on the bike. I was actually walking on the treadmill at my gym, but I didn't care - I was walking and crying. Then when that team and the other team were told to go home I was talking to the tv - THIS IS SO NOT FAIR - how can you send them home so early!!!! I'm sure all of the others at my gym got a kick out of me. Glad they are giving those two teams a second chance. I really wish they would change it so no teams are cut the first few weeks, it would really be nice to get to know everyone before the cuts begin. How much can you tell in a week. I hope the twin that was sent home continues to be successful - 100 pounds in two months already - he could really lose a lot by May.
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    I agree with the not sending teams home at least for one week. I dont like that at all...get their hopes up and then dash them 5 minutes after they get there. Not right IMHO.
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    I hope the twin that was sent home continues to be successful - 100 pounds in two months already - he could really lose a lot by May.
    [/quote]

Do they really just send them home and say see ya? Does the show help them afterwards to continue them on their journey? The twin is motivated so you're right, he could lose a ton by May
  • shutterbug4674
    shutterbug4674 Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options
    I got teary eyed when they were weighing in public-just don't think I would have done that when I weighed 239 pounds.

I was right there with you. It's one thing being weighed in on TV....you can't see the millons of viewers watching you. But to weigh in with family & friends watching in public. Talk about embarrassing. But, I guess that was the point.

The show was great. I was a ticked off when they sent the Blue and Yellow teams home. Then when Bob & Jill stopped the limos and told them they were coming back in 30 days, I was happy again.

This is going to be another great season. Watch the Red team....I get a funny feeling from that wife. :ohwell:
  • TuscanySun
    Options
    This is going to be another great season. Watch the Red team....I get a funny feeling from that wife. :ohwell:

ME TOO! I think she's got potential to be this seasons "Vicky"....Or as I'll call her "V3" (Vicky, version 3")
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I felt so bad for the orange team, especially the kid, the kid having to weigh in in a high school gym...that'
    would have been the worst of all. Even if it was filled with family and friends instead of students, high school was God-awful, so that still would have been the most traumatizing.

And I hated it when people's jaws would drop when they weighed in for the first time...I thought that was so rude! I know I'm just overly sensitive though, but I it looked like they were thinking "Wow, you ARE fat!"
  • fatgottago
    fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I am really tired of watching the gym part....working out getting yelled at blah blah blah..... I wish they would do more focus on something else like what they are eating and how to cook things........I just get tired of watching them fall off the treadmill and cry....I know for a fact I could not keep up with them, I am just saying after 9 seasons let's change up a little, that is all.
  • TuscanySun
    Options
    I felt so bad for the orange team, especially the kid, the kid having to weigh in in a high school gym...that'
    would have been the worst of all. Even if it was filled with family and friends instead of students, high school was God-awful, so that still would have been the most traumatizing.

Me too...but he is 25, not still in high school there. but I'm with you...hated high school and wouldnt go back for anything.

I'm not sure how I felt about weighing in front of family and friends. I mean, they are the peeps that are supposed to love us the most, regardless of our outer appearance, right?

What I saw on their faces, wasnt shame for the person, but them feeling the pain of the contestant weighing in. Maybe these are the folks who have been somewhat of enablers, and once they saw the weight...they were like "OMGosh...why didnt I do more to help before it got to this?" ... I dunno...just me trying to give them the benefit of the doubt I guess...trying to see the good in peeps??
  • bosanka
    bosanka Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I am really tired of watching the gym part....working out getting yelled at blah blah blah..... I wish they would do more focus on something else like what they are eating and how to cook things........I just get tired of watching them fall off the treadmill and cry....I know for a fact I could not keep up with them, I am just saying after 9 seasons let's change up a little, that is all.

You are right to some extend with this , it would be nice if they showed us a little bit more of the " life " in the house .. how they spend the rest of the days there.. what do they do, - and i'm sure they teach them so much more about food than what's shown on tv.
    But :
    I thnk the main reason for showing the gym part so dramaticly and so much ephesize on it , it probably because they want all of us to see that - no matter how big you are- at some point you have to start with the hard p art- bike, treadmill, push ups, sit ups.. etc.. no one likes it , but you have to do it.. - telling us that the " size " is not an excuse not to move not to exercise, many people tend to excuse themself with " oh i'm to big to do that, to do this " .. maybe this is just a reminder -
    food info - mostly everyone can get if they really wanted to- you can educate yourself - i did- without biggest loser.. and mostly everyone knows " what's good and what's not " . the problem is " doing it.. following it " ...
    but - a very small % of people does the moving part.. exercise, gym.. I know the first time i watched the show- think it was season 2 or 3 and when i saw ' big people " on tv.. first i was amazed.. since everywhere you look on tv it's just ' bean stalks " and for me to se big people was like " wow.. what's this.. hold on.. wanna see this " than i saw them exercising .. i was confused.. all you see is this super skinny super toned super pretty girls and hot guys advertising fitness equipment- never see someone " avarage ' and never ever a big person.. so THAT was the moving part for me , that was the encouraging part that told me like " hey- big people can exercise " i know- duuhh.. but.. somehow it clicked in my brain right than and there.. and i started working out since that moment.. - since than i have lost 60 lbs and kept it off.. but the " key " moment was- seeing overweight people sweat and do - it..
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options
    I hope the twin that was sent home continues to be successful - 100 pounds in two months already - he could really lose a lot by May.

Do they really just send them home and say see ya? Does the show help them afterwards to continue them on their journey? The twin is motivated so you're right, he could lose a ton by May
    [/quote]

I believe they are all set up with a personal trainer when they go home and probably a program, nutrition plan etc... at the finale I've NEVER seen a contestant come back with all of their original weight or not having lost much. I think there was one player last season who did not show up at the finale, not sure why.
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options

I agree 100%, I'm at the point now where I'll record it on my DVR and purposely wait until after the show has aired that way I can fast forward through the commericals and some of the gym parts.
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options

ME TOO! I think she's got potential to be this seasons "Vicky"....Or as I'll call her "V3" (Vicky, version 3")

Oh no!!! Not another one!!! :sad:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I cried already... :laugh:

The orange guy with the curly hair who said he was always the funny guy who all the girls liked but never had a girlfriend...that was like a male version of me. And the purple girl who said she'd never had a boyfriend or been in love. Those two hit close to home with me. :ohwell:

Yep. The curly hair orange team guy definitely hit home with me. Purple girl too, until I started dating my boyfriend almost 4 years ago (um... he likes big butts and he can not lie?)
    How many freakin' times have I heard "I'm one of the guys?" "One of the guys?" So, that just means I'm smart and fun and cool and not absolutely freaking insane like all the girls you guys all date, right? Why don't you want to be with me again? Oh yeah, because I'm fat. Great. :grumble: I'm surprised I didn't get too misty -- I'm normally a pretty big crybaby. My boyfriend will just sit on the couch and shake his head and laugh at me while I ball my eyes out at something on Biggest Loser. :laugh: I know he just doesn't get it because he's never been more than 20 pounds overweight and apparently he completely lacks the ability to sympathize. :huh:
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I missed a few parts on it - baby needed some mommy time, so didn't get to see quite all of it. I also cry at them weighing in, saw a lot of families doing the same- crying when they saw how big their loved one is, and probably how humiliated... I don't know of a single person in my family that would want to weigh in front of everyone. I think that would have been monumentally difficult. I do hope there isn't nastiness in the house, I hate it when that happens, or when you have "game players." I don't like when people try and manipulate the game (tank a challenge, or drink a bunch of water prior to a weigh in) I think last year Daniel was for me, a little disappointing, as it seemed like he just wasn't trying like he did the first time around. I hope he continues with his weight loss, and I can't wait to see how successful Shay is! I'm excited!
  • TuscanySun
    Options
    Yep. The curly hair orange team guy definitely hit home with me. Purple girl too,

Yup...me too. And then when Koli was crying and saying "I guess thats why I want this sooo bad" about being in love and beleiving someone could love him??? Dude, I was almost on the floor by that time...so many of us have similar stories...longing to be truly loved for who we are....its amazing.
  • Pcarolln
    Options
    Having to weigh in front of the public, family and friends had to be humiliating. It is bad enough having millions of people looking at the show on TV and weighing in for the first time. That part of the show the contestants know they have to do. I hope BL directors and producers never do that again. Maybe they should be made to weigh in front of their hometown community, family and friends. I was really upset with them but I will continue to watch the show. Whew!! I feel better. Lol.
  • shutterbug4674
    shutterbug4674 Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options
    Tonight is week 2 of the new season!!! Let's see how the other twin does on his own team. It can't be easy weighing in when you're the only team of 1. Talk about an automatic elimination if he falls below the yellow line! :ohwell: