Things you LOVE seeing in the gym

Options
Squible
Squible Posts: 359 Member
I eep seeing all these hreads about what people hate seeing or what annoys them in the gym and I thought I'd start a more POSITIVE one about what people love seeing.

1) I love seeing overweight people in the gym and pushing themselves, that courage just to come down and get on the bike is amazing :)

2) people really getting into their work out - I was on the bike the other night and got so into my workout I was sort of dancing and mouthing along to the songs that were coming on to my ipod while I wokred out. I was totally in the zone!

Whats yours?

Replies

• Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    1. emptiness...i hate when the gym is packed,i hate feeling like someone is watching me wondering will this dude finish up the set already?

2.yoga pants on the hip adductor...technically speaking its probably the least effective machine in the place but i don't mind the eye candy

3. seeing overweight regulars...theres a couple people who are as often as me...i see progress, they watch mine, we dont know one another but theres an unspoken recognition
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I love seeing an empty row of treadmills! :laugh:
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    1) I love seeing overweight people in the gym and pushing themselves, that courage just to come down and get on the bike is amazing :)

I definitely love that, too.

And I love seeing most of the staff members at my gym because they're soooo nice and encouraging, always smile at you, help you out without making you feel stupid, etc. It also makes everyone else there nicer, everyone's just greeting and smiling at each other. Such a huge difference to my old gym where everyone was always grumpy.
  • xrandi
    xrandi Posts: 11
    Options
    Old people. Love to see people actually caring about their health, even in their 60-70s. :)
  • Squible
    Squible Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

Ah yes empty gym lol love it too
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    An empty weights room

Myself in the mirror when I am on the exercise bike and totally covered in sweat

Clean showers

The regulars in my step & LBT classes

A guy putting equipment and / or weights back when he has finished using them :bigsmile:
  • steve1686
    steve1686 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    someone doing something besides chest on monday
  • stockholmhasago
    Options
    Very senior citizens, especially women, using the weight machines :)
  • staceface519
    Options
    Empty machines is what i love most. . . and the elderly (like 60 and up men) still trying to get their healthy gym work out on. . . soooo adorable :)
  • Judas_Queen
    Judas_Queen Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I love seeing people that are in there that you can TELL are trying to change their lifestyle.

But.. if I'm honest.. I also love seeing the hot gym instructors ;)

Oh.. on my fella working hard (mostly because he looks in pain and I'm sadistic like that :P)
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    yoga pants!
  • ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    someone doing something besides chest on monday

Lmao So true. But. Don't u know Monday is national chest day. Hahaha
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Old people. Love to see people actually caring about their health, even in their 60-70s. :)

There's a couple at my gym that are there every morning when I am working out. They go slow but I can tell that they do what they can-I'm impressed and hope when I'm old I'll still be at the gym :smile:

I also love seeing when people clean off their treadmill/bike/ect. after using it instead of just walking away like they were never on it

An empty gym (I go in the morning at 5am)so I can pick and choice where I want to work out. I also enjoy going late at night too when it's empty

The "caution floor is wet" sign in the locker room cause I know it means the showers were just cleaned
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    1. emptiness...i hate when the gym is packed.

THIS!
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    A lack of meat heads,

An empty pool

And a few hot chicks
  • maspicantexfa
    maspicantexfa Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I like seeing people smile at me when they recognize me. I am not a very sociable person but it is nice to know there are other people that are in the same place as me for the same goals.

I am one of those "fat people in the gym" and I'm sure I get some mental pats on the head for that from the lovely fit people ... not sure quite how I feel about that, but I'm just there to work out.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I love seeing the hot guy with the gorgeous blue eyes and the awesome tatts...damn!
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    leg day
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I love seeing people do bicep curls/bench press in the power rack. It's always important to keep safety first.
  • naat89
    naat89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    People doing oly lifts and squats with good form, its rare, but hey.