I wear makeup to the gym

Options

Replies

• skinnyfithealthyme
    Options
    Sometimes I wear make up if I was already previously wearing it (I'm probably not going to go out of my way to remove it)
    But I also don't go out of my way to put it on
    I wear cute clothes when they are washed but I sometimes wear random shorts and a t shirt
    ****s given: 0
  • Glasgow_Vegan
    Glasgow_Vegan Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    This week I've being staying in the middle of the countryside surrounded by farms. Despite only ever seeing sheep and cows while I'm out walking or running, I wash my face and put deodorant and a small amount of make-up on. It makes me feel better and that's what matters.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    People b*tching about people b*tching about people b*tching about stuff people do...inceptio-b*tching
  • ToyaDianta
    Options
    Woah.... wearing deodorant is against some people's rules? Tell me who they are so I can stay far, far away from them at the gym...

This! And outside the gym!

As for the make-up, I personally feel better if I don't have any on. I feel like my pores are clogging up and my face can't breathe. But that may be just me. :)

I carry make up wipes to wipe my make up before working out. i get scared that i'll clog my pores and have a breakout. if i forget my wipes, then oh well. i still get it done!
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Deordorant, definately, that's just part of common human curtousy. However sometimes it fails, that's to be expected. If I'm going right after work I don't worry about washing my face before, if I go in the morning then I don't bother with makeup. Whatever works for you girl :)
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    If this was Facebook, I'd like AND share the OP's post.

I don't tart myself up to go to the gym but I don't remove my makeup if I'm wearing any, either. I think both would just be to make a certain impression on people and that's not what I go to the gym for.
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    so I have to ask....why? Is there a particular reason to wear full on makeup to the gym? Insecurity inside?
    I mean, I could care less, but since the topic has been brought up, I guess this is as good of a reason as any to ask why.

I seldom wear makeup on a daily basis, much less to the gym or to a race. I find natural beauty to be much more becoming. But then again, I have been accused of being a bit too self confident. :(

Not an insecurity. I already know I look good so if I can take 5 minutes to look even better than I'd go for it.

I could say the same thing about someone getting dressed everyday. It's much easier to put on big sweats, baggy tshirts, and flip flops to run errands on a daily basis. Doing this would make you look like a slob so does it make the person who puts in more effort to look presentable insecure?

I agree. Good point

Sure. Excellent point. You want to stop being called prissy princesses for wearing make up at the gym, but call those who chose to go casual slobs?
    Fantastic way to state your case.
    I actually like being called princess :smile: . No ones really called me prissy though.

But yes, I do think women that go to gyms all sweaty in extra baggy clothes are not doing themselves any favors. You can say all you want "I'm there to sweat" "I don't care how I look" etc etc but to any one looking, it shows pure laziness and a lack of concern for your own personal appearance. That's almost as bad as 'forgetting' to shower because you're gonna sweat anyway :sick:

I don't even see how its comfortable to work out in over sized sweaty sweats anyway. I'd never be able to run sprints wearing a big tshirt that got all heavy from sweat. Same if I'm on a bike, I'd feel like somethings gonna get caught. Even just lifting, how would it be comfortable to do full cleans in baggy sweats?

wow...so I'm a slob because I can't afford expensive "cute" workout clothes? I don't go to the gym because of people like you...
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    "cute" workout clothes for big girls are farking expensive. and I'm working out with the goal of not staying in that one size for long anyway. more wasted money. i wear clean but old gym pants and oversized tshirts. trust me, you don't wanna see me in less. guess I'm a slob.

this is why I workout at home. I was thinking of joining a gym next week too...
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    i wear make up, nails painted, bright tops. doesn't bother me if people moan :)
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I wear make up for myself because I like the way it looks. If I don't have time for it then I'll skip it often as well. As far as matching clothes, for me, they should at least not clash.

What happens if they clash? Do people laugh? Does your confidence drop?

I'm serious with the questions. I often wonder why people think they way they do. It's an anthropological thing I guess.

Plus I think you are getting easily offended.

Nothing would really happen and I'd still work out. Its just not something that would happen often as I plan my outfits. Usually if anything clashes it'll be my sneakers when I pack the wrong one.

I guess the worst that can happen is I'll see it in an mirror and think "man that looks silly!" then I'll carry on with my day.

And to answer why I think this way, I'll try to explain it with a visual. When I see the crazy haired sweat monster of a girl working out in front of me with sloppy clothes dripping on the machine my first thought is to keep some distance from her because she probably forgot to shower and might smell bad.

When I see someone just as sweaty working out and looking good my first thought is that this is just this is just their regular routine day and they look pretty damn good.

you're making a lot of assumptions based on clothes
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Why do you guys care so much? It's a sincere question.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I use too, don;t anymore, too hot during the summer
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I don't wear it in the mornings cause I'm too lazy.. usually in the afternoons it's already on. :)
  • Mehagon
    Mehagon Posts: 83
    Options
    I think it would be silly to put make up on to go to the gym, BUT going on after work and not washing it off is different.

Agree! And I think this is the point most women with the make-up issue are trying to make.

I've gotten back into running, and I know some women who will put makeup on right before going for a run. . . which with as much sweat drips down my face, I can't imagine having makeup there too!
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Ithink if some of you worried less about what others were wearing / not wearing, less about caring about what others think about you while working out, and actually worked out, that you'd go a lot farther.
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Surely it's been said, but I wear whatever I need to to be able to stand to look at myself in the mirror and I don't give a rats azz if you think my eyeliner is out of place or my hot pink sneaks are loud. Blah, blah, blah. I'm there for me, the end.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Oh Kara, what have you started? :laugh:

So, if you wear make-up people moan.

If you don't wear make-up people moan.

If you wear nice clothes people moan.

If you don't wear nice clothes people moan.....

I think there is some kind of pattern here, I just can't quite see it....... :bigsmile:
  • sheripoynter
    Options
    when i go after work i can't be bothered taking it off!

when i go first thing on a saturday morning i just put on massive sunglasses as to not scare the passers by whilst i'm travelling make up free :D
  • FitBunnyEm
    FitBunnyEm Posts: 320
    Options
    Hahaha i like this post....
    yeah i definately wear cute gym clothes that matc cuz there are so many nice gym clothes out there, i wanna look hot at the gym!, yeah i wear make up and yeah i have my hair nice....SCREW it to the peeps that dont like it, because i always SMASH the gym, so people may make comments about me when i arrive at gym but they know i work my *kitten* off....and i dont really care...Theres no problem wearing make up or not really....Its all about the working-out...
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    As long as you haven't bathed in perfume, I don't really give a rat's azz what you do or dress like.

There is nothing worse than running on a treadmill and you can't get any oxygen because it's been replaced with eau de eff off!