Women Should NEVER Lift Weights!

Options
KittieLea
KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
So, I have been lifting since January, and let me just tell you-it's the biggest mistake of my life. I'm SO BULKY! I mean seriously, sometimes I'll just be sitting here at work minding my own business, and my shirt RIPS right off of me! It's crazy! I have to go through entrances sideways because my shoulders have become so broad I won't fit the normal way! And in the past week, my skin has taken on a greenish tint-weird!!
Take my advice, don't lift anything heavier than a 2.5 dumbbell, stick to CARDIO only, and NEVER, EVER eat more than 1200 calories. You'll thank me!

Replies

• lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Gah! Me too! Guess I better stop before I blow up...
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    So, I have been lifting since January, and let me just tell you-it's the biggest mistake of my life. I'm SO BULKY! I mean seriously, sometimes I'll just be sitting here at work minding my own business, and my shirt RIPS right off of me! It's crazy! I have to go through entrances sideways because my shoulders have become so broad I won't fit the normal way! And in the past week, my skin has taken on a greenish tint-weird!!
    Take my advice, don't lift anything heavier than a 2.5 dumbbell, stick to CARDIO only, and NEVER, EVER eat more than 1200 calories. You'll thank me!

Well, at least I know not to make you angry! :laugh:
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    OH NOES!!!!! I've been lifting for a month and now I find out I'm going to have my clothes fall off or I am going to explode!!! EEECCCKKK!!!!!!
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    i have the exact same problem.
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Then I probably shouldn't throw out my pretty pink dumbbells?
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Dude, even the 2.5 lb weights are UBER dangerous. I lifted those bad boys for three days and now I look like Ahnold. Also, no protein shakes! They will make you sooooooooooooooo bulky. I had to speed walk for 6 straight months to get rid of all the bulk.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Then I probably shouldn't throw out my pretty pink dumbbells?
    No, in fact, you need to decorate those bad boys with Lisa Frank and Barbie stickers, but only if they're under 2 lbs. Otherwise, the excess weight from the stickers will make you bulk up super quick.
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Yea... I look like a dude now /sadface :frown:
  • tismyhardbody
    tismyhardbody Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    So true.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Yea... I look like a dude now /sadface :frown:
    Me too! I mean, look at my profile pic, I look like I could play in the NFL or something! :laugh:
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I thought about doing dead lifts this morning and my legs just swelled up like a water balloon on a garden hose. Actually collapsed my chair here at work form the stress.

// True story.
  • ARyding17
    ARyding17 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I totally disagree! TOTALLY!

I love lifting and I wont stop! It is impossible for women to get big like the body builders, I will be lean but I will eat more than 1200 calories and I pick up higher weights!

DO no say this to women becuase we should lift. Everyone is already scared to and you are making them more scared. every body is different. You are a guy!!! You have no idea how a womens body will act to lifting, and I can promise you it will give them a great butt and hot arms, not getting stuck in door ways!
  • BrittanyErica
    BrittanyErica Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    yeah, i often get mistaken for a man. because, everyone knows, weights are for men only.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

I love lifting and I wont stop! It is impossible for women to get big like the body builders, I will be lean but I will eat more than 1200 calories and I pick up higher weights!

DO no say this to women becuase we should lift. Everyone is already scared to and you are making them more scared. every body is different. You are a guy!!! You have no idea how a womens body will act to lifting, and I can promise you it will give them a great butt and hot arms, not getting stuck in door ways!

OP's sarcasm font is obviously malfunctioning.
  • It_never_ends
    It_never_ends Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Gah! Me too! Guess I better stop before I blow up...

See her top ripped off too! ahhhh going to run these muscles off.
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options

sarcastic thread alert! :)
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I agree! none of the women on my FL lift... lifting is for men.... and so is Zumba... should be men only!
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    ^^snicker snicker^^

:laugh:
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this... I didn't think I'd ever laugh again after the day I've had at work.. I sooo needed this, all you Hulksters have made my day :)
  • adiannen83
    adiannen83 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I know right! I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. I feel like I'm among friends! If I get asked if I'm taking steroids one more time.....