• richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    Mums:flowerforyou:
    Thanks for sharing , if you can do it so can I:smile:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I'll have to do the "story" later. LOVE 'em! Even though I've known most of you since the early days of your weight loss journeys, they still make me cheer! WTG, guys! You are all such wonderful & determined people! *hugs* :heart:

Water is going REALLY well. I'm getting that "junk detox" week goin' on & the scale is lovin' me for it. (Yes, I'm still an addict to that damn thing). I got a recipe for 25 calorie chocolate cookies yesterday & had to try them...they were "Meh." so I only had one. Woot! :drinker: Takin' away my sweets. Geesh. :grumble: :wink:

Have great days, y'all!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    And also....how do you "quote" things???

Click on the quote at the bottom of what you want to comment on, scroll to the bottom and start typing.

As for combining pictures, mine are small enough I didn't leave a space between them so they are one right after the other and appear to be all one. Picasa Photo Editor will allow you to create a collage and save it as one print. It's free and fun to play with.
  • 72lori
    Options
    Morning team. Good golly am I tired and sore. Did I mention sore? Didn't sleep so well. DH has a cold, he usually doesn't, but he's snoring like there is no tomorrow right now and coughing. Add to that the 3 times I was up to go pee in the middle of the night (cringing and holding on to the wall to sit down, I'm that sore, then hurling myself back up into our really high bed) and it didn't make for the best of night's sleep.

Anywho. Nuff' grumbling. One off to school. Gotta get dressed and get the middle school bunch out the door. Can't wait to eat, been starving since last night for some unknown reason. The gym is calling, shhhh, don't tell my sore legs, they will find out when we get there.

Have a wonderful day!
  • 72lori
    Options
    By the way, love the stories.... keep 'em coming!
  • healthworks
    Options
    Good Morning team :smile:

WOW- eee.... what AMAZING stories and transformations...

Your all turned... hotties!! Congratulations to you :smile:

I am struggling a bit... with the same old thing... TIME :grumble: But I am going to go for the good choices today!!- FOR ME!!

Thank you for being a ++ support... team!!
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Good morning black team...I don't have any after pictures yet but I posted some pictures of what I currently look like on my profile. Hopefully in a few months I can post some new ones to show my progress. My goal right now is 150. I plan to get there and then reevalaute and see if I am happy there. I enjoyed looking at all your pictures and reading your stories. Thanks for sharing! Going thrift store shopping with my step-mom today and the gym this afternoon, don't have to work today. Everyone have a great day!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I started this journey in June of 2008. Wow...really??????????? Ok June of 2008. I was my heaviest at about 170 or so, but I did not weigh myself in fear I would eat an entire chocolate cake in retribution.

An automobile accident had left me with a bad neck injury and it was my excuse to sit and do nothing. I went to bed in excruciating pain at 6 pm each night. Lay there watching TV, icing my neck, popping pills............and crying because I was no longer who I had been. Even overweight for 15 years, I still sodded my entire back yard on my own. I was very active and loved to work in the yard. The accident and injury took this away.............or so I thought.

I fell upon this site when searching for a weight loss site that was free. MFP popped up and it turned out I had already signed up in Jan of 08. Hmmmm I thought to myself, how many times will you do this?

I wanted to lose a few pounds because we were going to the beach for 4th of July, and the whole inlaw family were to be here. As I started eating better I found I wanted to move more. I added elliptical exercise 20 min each day and burned upward of 400 calories when I did (now 20 min gives me 100 cals :cry: but that is because I am in better shape!! :smile:

When I saw I needed to lose 60 pounds to get to the lowest of my BMI, and that I had actually BEEN a healthy 105 at one point in my life.............I almost gave up. What's the use I said, I will never be able to lose 50-60 pounds.

Then I saw Tamtastic's bio. At the time she had lost 98 pounds or so and was in such high spirits. She PMd me and said she did it all with exercise and diet and I could do it too.

At that time I started to use the message boards for support. In Jan of last year I had lost about 25 pounds and it was getting really hard. I joined the Black Team and over a year have lost another 10 pounds.

It is slow when you do it right. The change in my life is for ever and as I say in my ticker...........

"I am going to eat less and exercise more to get healthy.........if I lose a few pounds along the way BONUS!!!!!"

:heart: Jeannie
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Jeannie,
    :flowerforyou: thank you for sharing your personal journey. wow, it gives me hope as I am still recovering from two blood clots..I started my journey again in mid November and have my good and bad days...thank you
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    ok, since we're sharing our before and after (or during in my case) here are mine

summer of 2008 (200 lbs at 5'1'')

046-1.jpg044.jpg

and fall of 2009 (about 140 lbs)
    054-2.jpg058-1.jpg
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I started this journey in June of 2008. Wow...really??????????? Ok June of 2008. I was my heaviest at about 170 or so, but I did not weigh myself in fear I would eat an entire chocolate cake in retribution.

An automobile accident had left me with a bad neck injury and it was my excuse to sit and do nothing. I went to bed in excruciating pain at 6 pm each night. Lay there watching TV, icing my neck, popping pills............and crying because I was no longer who I had been. Even overweight for 15 years, I still sodded my entire back yard on my own. I was very active and loved to work in the yard. The accident and injury took this away.............or so I thought.

I fell upon this site when searching for a weight loss site that was free. MFP popped up and it turned out I had already signed up in Jan of 08. Hmmmm I thought to myself, how many times will you do this?

I wanted to lose a few pounds because we were going to the beach for 4th of July, and the whole inlaw family were to be here. As I started eating better I found I wanted to move more. I added elliptical exercise 20 min each day and burned upward of 400 calories when I did (now 20 min gives me 100 cals :cry: but that is because I am in better shape!! :smile:

When I saw I needed to lose 60 pounds to get to the lowest of my BMI, and that I had actually BEEN a healthy 105 at one point in my life.............I almost gave up. What's the use I said, I will never be able to lose 50-60 pounds.

Then I saw Tamtastic's bio. At the time she had lost 98 pounds or so and was in such high spirits. She PMd me and said she did it all with exercise and diet and I could do it too.

At that time I started to use the message boards for support. In Jan of last year I had lost about 25 pounds and it was getting really hard. I joined the Black Team and over a year have lost another 10 pounds.

It is slow when you do it right. The change in my life is for ever and as I say in my ticker...........

"I am going to eat less and exercise more to get healthy.........if I lose a few pounds along the way BONUS!!!!!"

You rock jeannie! you're such a great support and friend to us all, not only just us on the black team, but you encourage and support so many people on this site! thank you for your inspiration and encouragement this past year! :heart:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options

Jeannie, I agree with Beth, you do totally rock and have inspired me greatly along the way. Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Yeah-- what they said, Jeannie--

This sweet lady from Florida whom I've never met, truly changed my life-- taught me to open up, share myself, give myself some credit, accept love-- really a special friend, this Jeannie lady--

Have a great day my friends-- heading out grocery shopping-- fun stuff. :ohwell:

Thankful for the provisions, though--
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Thank you!

That makes me want to keep going. You guys are so inspirational to me. With your young children and issues I have never had to deal with in my life, you have changed your families voyage in this world.

XOXOXOO
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Jeannie,
    :flowerforyou: thank you for sharing your personal journey. wow, it gives me hope as I am still recovering from two blood clots..I started my journey again in mid November and have my good and bad days...thank you

You can do this Leslie! It is hard...and may take more time than for others.......but it is worth the work!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    For those that don't know me a little about me:

Hi I am Amanda. I was a size 4 in highschool, got pregnant with ds in June after I graduated. Gained from there and never went back down. My ds is 14, 15 in March and my dh (his father) and I have been married for 13 years. Dh and I do math like Andrew and Beth. :wink: We also have two dds, one is 9 and the other is 5. Our 5 year old is our little angel. All of our kids are great, IMO, but Emmy was diagnosed with Rett Syndrome in April 2006. She is completely non-verbal, no hand function of any kind, walks but is losing that skill and soon I am afraid will be wheel-chair bound. She has seizures that are somewhat controlled with meds. Extreme anxiety, and while she is non-verbal, boy can she screamed. The worst of all this in my mind is that she knows exactly what is going on, but locked in her own body. Her laugh is priceless, her laugh makes the grumpiest person smile. She loves to "swim" in water and also loves watching the computer screen. She is the light of my life and my inspiritation. My dh is disabled due to a back and hip problems and so I realized real fast that Emmy is mine to take care of for the rest of my life or hers. I realized I needed to get healthy so I would be around a long time for her, but to be honest as my body is changing, I want my body back!

I homeschool my 9 year old and most days it is a battle but I know it is best for her. We are involved in church activities, also lots of 4-H activites. We have three mini Nigerian goats, geese, ducks, a rabbit, too many chickens to count, four cats as strays seem to know there is a "S" on my forehead and two big Golden lab dogs. I work 7 hours a week to pull some extra income and it gives me a nice break outside of the home.

Okay I wil shut up now! :laugh:

For Emmy.............00020071.gif

for mommy 00020309.gif
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Hey Team! Since we are busy sharing stories, here is mine.

My name's Shuntae, I'm 29...no kids, just live with my boyfriend and our cat. A future BT controversy, if you will. :laugh: Anyhow, I was a pudgy child and teenager, but my weight never really got out of control until my college years. When I graduated from high school in '97 I weighed around 165...and had gotten up over 250 by the time I graduated from college in '01. Not good. Even at my heaviest, I didn't see it as a huge problem because all of my friends were also heavy...we gained it all together. I stayed around that point for about 2 years, and actually started losing weight by accident. Wasn't really trying, but since I got over the college kid lifestyle -you know, drinking all night, 4am post-bar feedings, crappy food, and generally being lazy- the first 50 pounds pretty much melted away. At that point, I started to like the benefits of losing weight so I actually started trying to. I hovered around 200 for another year or so, not working out or anything, and finally got on the exercise wagon by joining Curves in November of 2005. From that point, it has been a LONG and SLOW process for me...it seemed that I was always doing well on either the food or the exercise, but never both...so, I've averaged about 20 pounds lost per year since then. Fast forward to January 2009, when I started using MFP and happened upon my wonderful Black Team family. I had my last 15 pounds to lose, so I figured "Why not? It can't hurt anything." So, I stuck around...was doing really well, made some friends and lost 11 of that 15, and then hit the wall. Changed cals, exercise, anything I could think of...and then Bobbi and Marla started talking about jogging. I had never particularly liked jogging -mostly because I couldn't do it- but figured it might be worth it to help the last 3 go away. So, last February I started the Couch to 5K program as a way to challenge myself a little. Well, well...I liked it...so much in fact that I ran my first 5K on June 28, 2009. And guess what, that wasn't enough either...decided to train for a half marathon which I completed in October. All this from the girl who couldn't do the mile run in school, made excuses about her knees being bad, asthma, family history of bad stuff. Best of all, my amazing boyfriend has been there for me every step of the way. He's loved me and made me feel beautiful from the size 16 I was when we met to the 8 I am in now. :love:

I never knew what I was capable of or who I could be until I just stopped with the reasons why I couldn't do something and just tried it.

OK, enough blubbering now. If you made it through my book, kudos to you!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Shuntae, I made it through your book and almost cried. Thank you so much for sharing, you are also an inspiritation. Geez, there are so many inspiritation on this team that it makes me wonder what my lousy excuse is. I am so proud of you for your half marathon, how awesome!!!!!!!! You look awesome!
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Wow, way to go. Does anyone know if the couch to 5K is available in the UK?

Well I have just done 46mins on the bike, 808 calories burnt, so that I can have a surf and turf with my husband tonight, and a few glasses of red wine!

I cooked the boys homemade pizza tonight, and was half way through when I realised that I had no goats cheese for John (he has a diary allergy ), so he had tomato and ham pizza with no cheese - and loved it!!
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon Black Team. I must report that I have not exercised in 2 days due to being sick. My 6 year old has also been home ill with me and caring for a rambunctious 2 year old hasn’t left me with any energy to work out. But, seeing ALL of your incredible before and after pics has inspired me to find energy to work out tonight.

Oh, and I have been logging my food now for 4 days straight so I’m happy about that (applause.LOL) My sister gave me these vitamins that help with boosting your immune system. I took 2 this morning after eating my half of a bagel and my tummy did not agree. I think I have traumatized my daughter as she watched me hurl into the trash can. I have had only dry cereal so far today, I can’t even keep water down. Wish me luck on that challenge.

Anyway thanks for all your inspiring stories and listening to my “not” so inspiring day.
    ~Jan