Do you "pre-log"?

Options
Do you normally log your food for the day in advance or do you log as you go?

Replies

• jawheb
    jawheb Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessive about it because I eat so much. I like to plan ahead so I can spread out my meals.
  • snugautumn
    snugautumn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I log as I go. :flowerforyou:
  • mom2dms
    mom2dms Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I don't simply because I want to know where I am at any given point in the day. What has happened now though, is that I have to post log since I am in a classroom all day and can't have my phone on me while I'm teaching...so I have to post on break or when I get home.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I log as I go
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I try to pre log..I at least pre-plan...
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I log ahead usually in the morning then adjust as needing throughout the day. It helps me not go over.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I tried that a couple of time but had to adjust afterwards, so I stopped pre-logging and just doing it as I go. Having a smart phone helps a lot with it (love my Galaxy s3 )
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I like to log in advance, hat way i can work out exactly how much i can eat before hand and adjust portion size / excersise to make sure i stick within my limits.
    Also i don't think about food as much. It goes from what can i eat ? to, do i feel like eating my pear now, or should i wait 30 mins?
  • deepbreaths_strongmoves
    Options
    I do a little bit of both. I log what I want to eat that day and then I correct it as I go if I have to change something. My planning doesn't always line up with what I'm doing that day! I don't submit it until the end of the day though.
  • PaleoRDH
    PaleoRDH Posts: 266
    Options
    The day before or the morning for all day. Then I feel obligated to stick to it, and it keeps me from going off of it so I don't go "Aw **** now I have to go change it all" .........works for me.
  • georgeaj2000
    georgeaj2000 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Logging ahead, or planning, allows you to stay in more control because you know what you're doing. If you're going out to a restaurant, plan what you're having before you go that way you're more likely to stay within your daily calorie count. But also track your food as you eat it and not after, that way you don't forget anything. It's the calories that done get tracked that can determine if you lose weight or not.
  • jzsor12
    jzsor12 Posts: 69
    Options
    no I often don't eat what I plan to
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    i find i do so much better when i plan
  • JuneBPrice
    JuneBPrice Posts: 294
    Options
    A lot of times, yeah.
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I pre-log to a point. I plan my meals for the most part, and then just log snacks as I go. I just adjust anything as needed throughout the day.
  • cfmay
    cfmay Posts: 19
    Options
    Both. Depends on how my day is going or how much time I have. Sometimes it helps because it takes the guess work out of it and sometimes, I like to get creative with my meals.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Since most days I eat generally the same things for certain meals, I do pre-log so I know what I have left to work with.
  • NYAngel1089
    NYAngel1089 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    usually i just log as i go or at the end of the night when I get the chance. but if i know im going out somewhere i will prelog to see where i am and what i should get
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I make breakfast, lunch, and my snacks for the next day the evening before, so I log all of those when I make them.

I usually log anything additional I may munch on through the day as I go, though, I if I don't know the nutrition info on the item, I'll check it first, before I eat it.

And I try to get dinner mostly mapped out and logged by about halfway through the day so I know what I'm doing when I get home.

I also log my exercise calories each morning so I know where I should be eating to each day. This also helps keeps me going to the gym, even when I'm really tired. Since I've already eaten the percentage of those calories that I do, I still need to go workout to not be over. heh
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I try to pre-log so I can make adjustments if I need to.....add food if I am eating too little or subtract if its too much. It gives me the control.