Do you "pre-log"?

Options

Replies

• sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I take my lunch and snacks to work with me, so I log everything in in the morning (breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack). Makes me feel like I have to hold myself accountable because I'm too lazy to change it :-P
  • AlotOfSweatAndPain
    AlotOfSweatAndPain Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I log in advance
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I usually log the day before then I just need to account for any changes that day. It helps me plan better and because I bring lunch to work I already know what I am eating. I sometimes don't pre-log on weekends but mostly do just to make sure I don't go over on my macros.
  • armadillolabrat
    armadillolabrat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Both. I often attempt to pre-log to keep my eating somewhat in check so I don't have to do many adjustments at end of the day.
  • BeyondThePixels
    BeyondThePixels Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Some days, if I'm craving a not so healthy food.
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Most of the time. Usually before I get out of bed or the day before.
  • turkkm
    turkkm Posts: 66
    Options
    I don't have the kind of phone service to have access to this site, bummer. So, I tend to log somewhere mid to late afternoon. However, i had a few scares where dinner had to be light to stay within goal. So, I may start to preplan and prelog. You can always change it if you eat something different.
  • sweetjen8302
    sweetjen8302 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I do a bit of both. Sometimes if I know that Im having a dinner that isnt necessarly diet friendly, Ill log it just so I can see exactly what I have to work with for the rest of the day. It also allows me to rethink that dinner, maybe load up on veggies and have just a little of the other stuff. I think it helps to see the numbers.
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I pre-log my breakfast, lunch and breaktime snack at work during the week because those are set in stone and I like to know how many calories I have available for dinner since I usually only am certain about what the protein will be (chicken, fish, ect) but the rest is up in the air.

On weekends I don't pre-log because I don't really know what I'll eat when since I spend weekends at my BF's and we tend to eat out or have get togethers with friends frequently so there is a huge variable. I just try to eat as responsibly as I can and log when I can then.
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Both. I pre-log the night before or first thing in the morning so I can plan to thaw my protein and/or shop the next day for something missing. Then during the day, I log on and edit any differences. This allows me to make the maximum out of my 1200 cals. It's basically a game for me and I'm a numbers person.
  • GabyG69
    GabyG69 Posts: 213
    Options
    It just depends.. sometimes I like to pre-log just so that I know what I'm gonna have for breakfast the next morning. Sometimes I wake up with just enough time to get ready for work and I don't have the extra time to look in my fridge for 10 minutes to try and figure out what I'm gonna have that morning.. or for the rest of the day..
  • xsabrinalynn
    xsabrinalynn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I always always always prelog! I work full time in and office with a lot of down time so its easy to snack, but I prelog the night before and ONLY bring what I have logged so I cannot deviate from the plan! It has helped tremendously. I actually almost prelog my whole week that way I"m not buying extra snacks and food.
  • rowbseat13
    rowbseat13 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I log as much as I can first thing in the morning. It really helps me keep from going over on any components.

For example, one day I might know what I'm having for breakfast and what I'm packing to take to work for lunch. I know I'm going to have a bagel with peanut butter post-run. I'll log all that (on my phone) before I even get out of bed. That way I'll know if I can grab that mid morning snack at work or which component to avoid at dinner (eg. If I only have a few carbs left, I'm not making pasta for dinner.)
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I end up logging at the end of the day usually, but sometimes I pre-log just so I can make sure I'm getting enough calories in.
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I log my food as I go but sometimes I prelog my exercise to force myself to stop at the gym if I'm feeling a bit reluctant.
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Log as I go since I have the time
  • veduffey
    veduffey Posts: 73
    Options
    I log as I go, because I usually don't know what I am going to eat at any given moment! Sometimes good, sometimes bad! I am trying to get in the habit of preparing fruit etc, so I have some healthy food to snack on when I get the urge!
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I prelog. It also sets me up for the next day. I already have in mind hat I am going to eat, what cals I have alotted for certain meals. So even if i veer off the path while out and about I will have it in my head how much lunch/dinner, etc would be and adjust accordingly. It's working!
  • amrita0286
    Options
    I log as I go along.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    DEFINITELY! Sets up my whole day, hita my macros and other goals, puts my few carbs in just the right place for maximum energy, etc.