honest opinions on dress for my hen party!

Options

Replies

• GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    For a hen party, I think the dress is great. In other situations, probably not. Definitely different shoes, those are way too clunky for that dress. A thin, strappy sandal (flat or heel) would look better.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful! I think a strappy sandal with a thin heal would look much better though. I like the idea of going with a neutral color of shoe but I would do silver or champaign.
  • Leeanne1974
    Leeanne1974 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I can't believe people are saying no to this outfit...
    I think it is beautiful and PERFECT for a hen do!
    Stick on a bit of fake tan and it will look even more lush
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Might look better with different shoes. The ones you have on are a bit chunky for the style of this dress. Otherwise not a big fan of the dress either, but that 's just me.
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I love the dress, and you say it's currently in style in the UK. I agree with many others; the shoes aren't the right ones! Something more delicate, strappy, sparkly! Have a great time!
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    I would stay away from strapless, as you never want to feel like you're about to go topless by accident - especially when you're supposed to be having fun!

There's nothing wrong with a perfectly good wardrobe malfunction;)
  • TheLessOfMe
    TheLessOfMe Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I love they style and think it really suits you, but I think the colour isn't the best! it's up to how you feel in it though not what other people think!! :)
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    problem i have with shoes is im already tall and if i go for a lower heel the dress is on floor and if i go for a thinner shoes ie not a wedge i cant walk in them lol i find with platforms i need a wedge thats why i went for nude so they wouldnt stand out haha!

Wish we were closer! I have some beautiful wedge sandals. Very strappy and delicate in a matte gold color. Keep looking, they are out there. I found mine at Payless so, they were a bargain also. I don't know if they have Payless ShoeSource in the U.K.?
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I think it does look too young.
    The colour and that it looks like it could be worn to prom just make it well... Look like a teenagers dress.

Something more sexy and mature would look better.
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I have just bought the same dress in navy - its a lovely dress but not sure about the colour (sorry) :ohwell:
  • seaKind
    seaKind Posts: 136
    Options
    be as honest as possible thanks :)

not my fav style, and i think a daintier pair of shoes would help, but You look Lovely in this dress... have fun!
  • millygrl
    millygrl Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    In the picture the dress is all we are looking at, but I think that once your hair is done, full makeup it will look completely different. I think you can pull it off for sure. However I agree with different shoes completely. Just something strappy and delicate.
    If you do decide to get a different dress, the style in your profile pics look great, especially the third one in (white and pink). It is really flattering, maybe go for something similar. Either way I think you'll look great! :)
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    LauriesTrying2BeFit Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    300878_10152019233795637_557486271_n.jpg

i will go with either of these shoes instead, and sorry about hair in middle to getting ready haha
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Silver shoes!
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Sorry hunni but if you want honest opinions I have to say that unfortunately I don't think this dress is the one for you :-(

You have a lovely figure but the colour and style of the dress just isn't right and like others have said the shoes don't quite go with it. I just think the length at the back is a little bit TOO long compared to the front and another colour would suit you better.

I am in the UK also and have a dress in a similar sort of style which I bought from Oasis. It is not quite so long at the back, has a nice waist belt with it and it is not strapless. I don't know if you're still shopping around but they had a few different colours in there and the fit is very flattering too.

I hope I don't offend with my comments. I'm sure the perfect hen dress is out there for you :)
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    It's a cute dress, but it does look like a prom dress. I'd go with something that is a little longer in the front, a floor-length gown would be really nice. If you do want to stick with that dress, I'd suggest different shoes. Silver!
  • HamsterNut
    HamsterNut Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I think with almost flat shoes and a little cardigan/shrug it would be beautiful! Id probably put black with it
  • kym117
    kym117 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would like to say first of all I am am a fellow UK member :smile: I have to say I agree with the majority I like the dress and I know dipped dresses are really current but I am also not sure about the colour and the heels you are wearing in the picture are very bulky for that dress, I had a little look through your photo's (you look amazing by the way) and all the dresses that you are wearing really show off your amazing figure I am not sure that this one does quite as well. If you were going to wear it I would definatley change the shoes but at the end of the day it is how you feel in an outfit thats important :flowerforyou:
  • JennifercitaDEgomez
    Options
    Try diffrent shoes!!!
  • JennifercitaDEgomez
    Options
    Silver ones