What foods do you think made you fat?

Options

Replies

• queendeej
    queendeej Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Oh, and Coke. How could I forget that. I could easily drink at least three 20 ounces a day.
    Food in general made me fat! But as far as overindulgence goes I would say alcohol and french fries...those are my favs.
  • micahnelson
    micahnelson Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Rodeo Cheeseburger
    Chips
    French Fries
    Pizza.
  • sweetsong32
    sweetsong32 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Over the years, I have definitely indulged in too much fast food, processed foods and soda. And NOT exercising just compounded my situation.

Since May, I've cut out highly processed foods, sodas and fast food. AND I exercise 5 to 6 times a week. I've a long way to go, but the point is, I'm going! :-)
  • AvinashGupta
    Options
    For me Red Wine. Nutritionist had recommended two glasses per day but I could not limit to that ..it is not only but cheese and cracker with wine. Now I limit wine for the weekend and that has been working for me
  • Andrea2315
    Andrea2315 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I agree with the poster who said there are no bad foods, though I have eaten more than my fair share of cheetos in the past. Pretty much anything crunchy, salty, and umami-licious had my name on it. I could kill a large bag of doritos or a few pieces of fried chicken in a single day. Never really admitted this to myself before...

edit: forgot a word

That's not true. Potato chips and stuff like that can't be considered bad foods because a single serving of them won't ruin your entire day. I'm talking about foods that have like 90% of your DV of fat of 160%(?) or your DV of cholesterol in a single serving. There's no way that you can eat these kinds of foods, even in moderation, and still have a balanced diet.

I quite agree with you!

I agree as well. For me it would be pasta, pizza, chocolate, and McDonalds.
  • BARBY1956
    Options
    Ruffles potato chips and peanut M & Ms...
  • Rosenoir
    Options
    Trail mix ,granola & chocolate
    For sure
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I understand your question.
    I made me fat....it was me.
    I used fried foods and overkill with the sweets.
    Pie, cookies, M&M's, 3 cups ice cream in a bowl, etc.

My ignorance did it.
  • Kelly50054
    Kelly50054 Posts: 141
    Options
    Foods that make me fat ....
    Refined foods
    Processed food
    Anything with yeast in it.
    Grains
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Definitely fast food for me... and PASTA!
  • mrsoz22
    mrsoz22 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Bagels, cookies, bread.

An excessive amount of all of the above.
  • sarahleeroy
    Options
    Bread, noodles, and pasta. Lots and lots of bread. We like to eat at a lot of ethnic type places like indian, lebanese, thai, etc. One thing all of them have in common is large amounts of bread, fried things, and noodles. Until I started cutting back on starches, I didn't realize just how much of those things I was eating. Now luckily I've learned how to eat at my favorite restaurants without consuming all of those things so much.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    All of them. :laugh:

My problem was just eating too much and doing more sitting than moving.
  • careyannal
    careyannal Posts: 161
    Options
    Ice cream, pastries, cookies, cake... anything sweet & sugary & carby. That's all I used to eat!
  • pozzicb01
    pozzicb01 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell Late night gets me every time!!!
  • pozzicb01
    pozzicb01 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Courtland and I am a BUFFALO CHICKEN CHEESESTEAK addict.
  • Ivana331
    Ivana331 Posts: 230
    Options
    soda and almost daily fast food for the past two years or so.
  • Katherine_Nelson
    Katherine_Nelson Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Im such a sucker for anything salty!

chips, cheese on everything, cheeseburgers, Taco Bell, Potatoes, Arbys, Sonic, Honey mustard, Walmarts fried chicken....
  • rbottom12
    Options
    Could you try doing something with your hands to keep you from eating? I learned to crochet to keep from eating and snacking while at home and in front of the tv. Got a bunch of awesome aphgans and baby blankets for friends out of it :) I need to start doing that again to stop myself from popping rolos all through the day.
  • anna9102
    anna9102 Posts: 56
    Options
    I'd say share bags of crisps, and large bars of chocolate! I'd eat a whole bag/bar as a snak BEFORE dinner. Looking back on that, I'm disgusted.