What foods do you think made you fat?

Options
15678911»

Replies

• lachivis
    lachivis Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Beer! I still drink it, but every once in awhile and never more than 2. cool topic!
  • baker150
    baker150 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I worked at Cinnabon in the mall for about a year. We were allowed 1 free bun per shift, and I took full advantage of that. :S If I remember correctly it was something like 800 calories, PER BUN! So there was that, but my number one weakness - burgers and fries... McDonalds, A&W, my favourite chip truck... Very shortly before I started eating better, I remember counting 11 days in a row I had burgers and fries for dinner. I counted because I knew it was wrong, but I just couldn't stop myself!!!
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    sugar!!! I eat it like the cookie monster! If i stay away from it, i only have issues with alcohol and eating after alcohol (but that can be controlled, i would never eat pizza, maccas, KFC sober) Sugar, I have no control, lol.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    All of them... because I ate a lot!
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem was portion control, but here are my former favorite high calorie foods. I didn't cut them out completely (for the most part) but I definitely cut back.

1) Super burritos - Mission style, delicious, and probaby 1,000 to 1,400 calories.
    2) Giant peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Now I measure/weigh and still enjoy a modified version with natural almond butter and no sugar added jam.
    3) The Costco ice cream bars. 840 calories. Even though I used to split them with my ex, that's a ton of calories right there.
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I used to put shredded cheese on tortillas, roll them up, and then microwave them until the cheese was melted. Then, I'd dip/scoop them in sour cream. I'd make six for dinner/snack almost every night.

After I joined MFP, I calculated how many calories those were and practically choked. I haven't made them in several months and don't plan to (they're kind of addictive).

I used to drink 60 ounces of regular soda every day. I can't believe how many calories I used to waste on soda. I can't stand it now. After drinking nothing but water and the occasional diet soda, regular is way too sweet for me.
  • jjefferies7
    Options
    There's no such thing as bad food, just people who eat badly!!

That's not accurate. There are plenty of bad foods that have no nutritional value whatsoever. I agree with your assertion, however. People choose to eat them regardless of the health benefits contained within them, and over time become fat.

Fat does not make you fat. It's an excess of carbs / sugar that create excess fat stores in your body when one's lifestyle is sedentary and does not burn those same calories on a regular basis.

no. its not just an excess of carbs/sugar. you gain gain fat from a calorie surplus, which includes an excess of fat, carbs and protein. there is no single one that will cause you to gain weight if you aren't in a surplus.
  • pet1127
    pet1127 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    fried foods (poutin, and fries from chip trucks)
    I live near Weses chips . Thank You Wes for selling the truck and also thanks to the new owners for making soggy chips i amnow down 42 pounds
  • Sheckypie
    Options
    anything sweet hands down
  • swarrick83
    swarrick83 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    pasta and beer ... I agree with the amount .. I ate way to much and drank way to much
  • MrsSassyPants
    MrsSassyPants Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Cookies!!!! Homemade cookies!
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Well, lets see...I was eating McDonalds every single day for breakfast and lunch when I was in high school, because it was across the street. I gained a ton of weight my sophomore year, and when I moved out of my parents place at the end of my junior year, I stopped eating so much junk-especially at home, because that's all they ate. I wasn't until my senior year that I completely cut fast food out, and I can't believe the weight I lost from just not eating a McMuffin and McChicken everyday! Haha. I can honestly say, I feel SO much better without that food. I don't blame McDonalds for me gaining weight, I blame myself for inhaling it every single day! WHAT WAS I THINKING?! Haha.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    All of the foods made me gain weight, because I keep binge eating them. =( I can't blame any particular one.
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Soda and overusing fatty condiments.
  • Haylz_ish
    Options
    Chocolate, pasta and hot chips
  • childofArtemis24
    Options
    French Fries, pasta, and Chocolate