Do you "pre-log"?

Options

Replies

• Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    "When" I was calorie counting ( I am not anymore) I always pre-logged my foods for the following day... since I had them prepacked for work the night before. The only thing I didnt log was my dinner, and I added that the day of.
  • rudimae
    rudimae Posts: 107
    Options
    Like a lot of people, I do a bit of both.

Since I'm new to MFP, I'm finding it very helpful to pre-log. It really gives me a clear picture of what I'm about to put in my mouth.

I did that just this weekend. I was going to prepare a meal that is a pretty common one for me to make. Once I logged everything in, I was stunned. I knew it was more than I usually ate during the week, but whoa! I started paring down the portion...one slice of toast, not two. A smaller portion of fake bacon (fake 'cause I'm a vegetarian), etc. I got it down to something more reasonable. And I didn't feel cheated or feel like I didn't have enough to eat. I was eating that much out of habit and not out of hunger.

So for me, especially since I'm new to this, pre-logging has really helped me get a better grasp on what I'm eating BEFORE I eat it...instead of regretting that I ate THAT MUCH after it's busy digesting.
  • JessicaMurch5515
    JessicaMurch5515 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I pre-log Monday-Friday for work, I only pre-log my snacks and lunches because I pack them and it tends to keep me on track verses eating out or changing my plans for the work day.

This, exactly :smile:
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I like to log in advance, hat way i can work out exactly how much i can eat before hand and adjust portion size / excersise to make sure i stick within my limits.
    Also i don't think about food as much. It goes from what can i eat ? to, do i feel like eating my pear now, or should i wait 30 mins?

This! I pre-log when I can and adjust if needed. I like knowing that sometime between 2pm and 4pm I can have a protein shake and an apple... If I don't feel hungry enough for it, well then that's awesome :)
  • cassiee1234
    cassiee1234 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The only thing I pre log is dinner if I know what im having. This helps me not go over my calories for the day and get a nast surprise at dinner time. it also lets me know that if i've gone over for the day i need to work harder at the gym to zero myself out! :)
  • julzrose
    Options
    Both. I pack a lunch for work and sometimes I will log that lunch and snack to verify I am on track for the day.
  • ppatricia81
    ppatricia81 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    The day before or the morning for all day. Then I feel obligated to stick to it, and it keeps me from going off of it so I don't go "Aw **** now I have to go change it all" .........works for me.

i do the exact same thing, plus i take lunch to work everyday so i log it in the morning. and get it over with and have to stick to that.
  • vmerie
    vmerie Posts: 36
    Options
    I log ahead usually in the morning then adjust as needing throughout the day. It helps me not go over.
    This^^^.
  • BrittanyKxo
    Options
    I usually pre log, either in the morning or the night before. Helps me keep on track and know how many calories I should burn, if need be!
  • turkkm
    turkkm Posts: 66
    Options
    Ok, I did prelog last night and my day went great...I stuck to the plan!
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    prelogging as we speak!
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I just finished pre-logging, no joke.
  • mamajewell
    Options
    I log as I go :)
  • KALMdown
    KALMdown Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I do a little bit of both. I log what I want to eat that day and then I correct it as I go if I have to change something. My planning doesn't always line up with what I'm doing that day! I don't submit it until the end of the day though.

^ This.
  • vanessagoh
    vanessagoh Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I do pre-log, so that I know what I would be having the next day, and how much extra calories I can play around with. Sometimes if I have to make changes, I'll try to find an alternative that's of similar calories to the one which I had already logged, so that my calorie intake for the day will not get disrupted too much.
  • ClaireSD35
    Options
    I pre-log but then add the extras :o) works for me!
  • M08distel
    M08distel Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am finding that it is better for me to pre log. It helps me to focus on eating the right things but lets me get away from obsessing about the food I eat. I try to plan a week's work of meals because I live alone and it is easier for me to cook 1 or 2 times a week and then package what I have made.
  • lindzmt22
    lindzmt22 Posts: 335
    Options
    Both. But I do think it's kind of fun to pre-log the next day before going to bed. lol Maybe I'm just a dork. *shrugs* :)
  • nataliexxxx
    Options
    I try to log in advance so I can make sure I dont go over any of my limits
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I log in advance, usually in the morning but I do plan my dinners weekly so it's easy to decide what I'm eating for the rest of the day.

If I know I'm going to be busy I just log as I go, it's easier when you're busy but I usually find it hard to keep track of what I'm eating. I go over more often than not if I don't pre-log.