10 things I have learned along the way.

Replies

• TiffGP
    TiffGP Posts: 5 Member
    Great post!
  • Samer1Q
    Samer1Q Posts: 19 Member
    This is a GREAT post! Thank you so much for sharing! :-)
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    nice post
    so true
    but the one about eating breakfast???.....really hard
    specially if you get up just in time to get to work !!!!!

GREAT posting OP. As for hard to eat breakfast...nothing says it has to be a BIG breakfast. I grab 2 slices of lunch meat from the fridge on my way out the door. (98% fat free chicken breast...70 calories for 2 slices) and I typically am shoving it in my mouth as I am shoving the car keys into the car door.
    No, not ideal, but it is enough to jump start my metabolism for the day!

bump
    to breakfast or not to breakfast that is the question ;
    Wheather it itis easieir to suffer thae sllings and arrows of a morning run empty or not?

Great post:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: thanks
  • 4rick
    4rick Posts: 23
    That is just what I needed, thank you! I have been letting the "Bulge" win for most of my adult life, and even after joining MFP I have not been doing well at all. I have come to that point where my health is more important than poor food choices. Today is the first day of the rest of my life!
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Excellent post and one I plan to reread often as I fight the battle.
  • wendye1960
    wendye1960 Posts: 46 Member
    Great post, although I don't totally agree with number 9 in the sense that without removing all spontanaeity from life no-one can possibly plan 'everything' and every meal they will have that would take alot of fun out of life. Also to say if you fail to plan you plan to fail is not only very harsh it is also wrong in this context. It was a statement designed by a military strategist and doesn't really equate properly in all situations. If you employ a little self discipline and go for the 'healthier option' it's perfectly possible to 'go with the flow' and not plan your food diary for the day and end up with a surplus - it happens to me everyday as I never plan my evening meal as it depends what my husband wants to eat too (I'm not running a restaurant and won't cook different meals, unless he wants pie or something like that I just have the same thing but less), and as you can see from my ticker I have lost weight consistently since I started in May. I know many people don't employ self-discipline and that is the problem, I must include myself in that as if I had I wouldn't need to be here but I suppose what I am saying is that if you count it as a requirement that you must always plan then you may as well ring the death knell now because that is totally unsustainable for anyone but a military strategist and whilst we may be involved in a temporary war (with our weight) that war does not last forever, if you follow what I mean.

However, the rest is very good.
  • Kathysjourney
    Kathysjourney Posts: 13 Member
    Excellent Post!!! Thanks for your thoughts and input..
  • KMissyD
    KMissyD Posts: 125 Member
    Bump
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Love this post. So simple, yet sometimes the reminder is much needed.
  • kisses4dylan
    kisses4dylan Posts: 46 Member
    Wow what an awesome post! :-) Thank you for sharing! Now on to read part 2! :smile:
  • mjsamee
    mjsamee Posts: 215 Member
    nice:glasses:
  • charming72
    charming72 Posts: 37 Member
    Great post! Thanks for sharing your insight!
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    This is one of the most sensible posts I have read since joining MFP.!!! THANK YOU>
    I have lost weight before too, but did not exercise, went back to my old way of eating and ended up heavier than ever.
    Now I know I have to eat healthily, and MOVE- so I walk every day- it was very hard at first, now it is second nature to just get up and GO. :)
    I have looked at some food diaries and shuddered to think that someone is trying to exist on various pills and shakes and practically no solid food. This is not going to be a long term solution, and is asking for trouble in the long term.

As for breakfast YES you do need it!!!! Your metabolism will thank you. What is wrong with a banana or such if you don't have time to sit and eat - have something on the run- a piece of fruit or a healthy low calorie snack bar preferably with oats etc in.?
  • dotmango
    dotmango Posts: 33 Member
    I'm bookmarking your post, it honestly made me cry. Thanks for posting this.
  • Really, really great. Thank you so much! and GOOD WORK!!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Thank you for writing this.
  • MidgeN27
    MidgeN27 Posts: 152 Member
    Love this! I am going steal the saying from the Seals, " the only easy day was yesterday."
    Thanks!
  • congrats !!!! Keep strong
  • gracia124
    gracia124 Posts: 41 Member
    Love this post!
  • susulani
    susulani Posts: 17
    Said like a true warrior!! Thanks for the sobering picture....good thing we can share the success and sorrows on this site. Sent this on to my fellow team mates in this mission!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!