Which food(s) have you given up completely?

Options

Replies

• Electrifit
    Options
    Ive gave up DAIRY because it acidifies our body
    I gave up RED meat
    I do still eat a clean peice of fish once and a while and eggs for the protein biotin benefit
    I attain most my nutrients through tons of fruits, veggies, almonds, beans, (some soy) shakeology, and also a brown rice vegan protein shake

and Ive never felt better!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I actually eat an even larger variety of foods than I ever did before and still enjoy everything that I did prior to joining MFp as well.
  • healthybody74
    Options
    Mostly, I've given up fast food, chips, candy and bread. While I may have these things once in a blue moon, I don't make them part of my daily routine. Giving up fast food was the easiest and I feel so much better not eating that garbage anymore!
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Fried food
    Chips
    And I've cut back a TON on soda
    That's one thing I will never be able to cut out completely.
  • ceeegeee
    ceeegeee Posts: 18
    Options
    Pasta, chips, soda, sweets It's a lot but this is the first time in 25 years that I have lost more than 20 pounds. Usually I lose 20 and regain 25. I cannot control my portions of pasta and chips. If I eat a little, I crave even more. Also I gave up most sweets, even the low cal ones. Once I got past the first 3 weeks I stopped craving them. I did have 1/2 cupcake at my daughter's shower last weekend and that was enough. I do like ice cream so every 10 pounds I treat myself to a low cal frozen yogurt. Once I gave up the sweets I was amazed at how my taste buds changed. I enjoy many different herbs and spices now and I think my food tastes better, less dull.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Pizza, I haven't had it in a while. If it's offered in a social situation, I'll eat it, but I never buy it anymore.
  • horsehockey
    horsehockey Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Nothing. It's just more about cutting back on volume as required.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Nothing for me, either. I'm just cutting down on portion size.
    But, I can't keep ice cream in the house. It's the one thing I just can't resist if it's sitting in my freezer!
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I have not given up any food completely. I'd be miserable if I told myself I could never eat something that I love.
  • dixon03
    dixon03 Posts: 4
    Options
    Several:

Energy Drinks, which has been a very difficult thing to do, BUT I have accomplished it for the last 2 weeks.
    No fried foods. Not so hard to do since I tried not to eat it much anyways.
    No Sodas
    No Beer
    No Cigarettes, and this by far has been the worse thing to give up. I can totally see a positive difference in my endurance and breathing, but it has been one tough ride!

All of these things at one time, whew! It's worth it though!
  • bgtorres
    bgtorres Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    All fried food and junk food (candy, chocolate, cookies & ice cream)
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    none...everything in moderation
  • wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I make tortilla pizza with low fat cheese, but I gave up frozen pizza
    No more pop, but that was almost happening amyways
    I gave up my coffee creamer, this was my hardest! No more French Vanilla Coffeemates for me. Now i use the 30 calorie almond milk
    (just a splash of that) an some sugar free coffee flavoring syrup.
    I choose healthier option chips like low fat bluecorn with flax and tons and tons of salsa
    I now do an egg white scramble, no more egg yolks.
    I use allfruit spread as opposed to regular jams/jellies
    I quit the granola bars too. There was way more calories than I could justify in those babies
    I no longer will have my chinese food once a month or so
    I quit smoking last october!
    Also, I had 1 premade iced coffee and loved it. Then saw the trans fats on the label and promtly swore off them too.
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Nothing, just everything in moderation. And by moderation, I mean hardly ever...but I don't have it in my mind that I can NO LONGER enjoy my favorite foods. I love food too much to eliminate things entirely. I either find a healthier way to enjoy or just have it in smaller amounts and less frequency.
  • reneecgc
    reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    pizza not made by me. I just haven't had any yet, but I may have a slice some day soon. I
    just over ate when I had pizza so it was just easier to give it up for awhile.
  • ladytxn
    ladytxn Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Only fried chicken strips. and ONLY cuz I can't eat those (with gravy) in moderation...
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    NONE! I just choose not to eat them often. Once in a blue moon! That's the key! There is no need to completely eliminate ANY food. There are places I choose not to eat at anymore.. like Olive Garden.. and if I do I just stick to salad and soup... I used to LOVE their Alfredo until I learned how many calories it has! But that's not to say I'll never eat it again! :)
  • lmschmitt63
    lmschmitt63 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Because of food allergies tons of them,the top ones are:
    Corn, potatoes, soy, rice, gluten, all legumes and several others, for the most part it has helped me find the motivation to make the lifestyle changes that I needed to in order to lose weight
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Nothing, just everything in moderation. And by moderation, I mean hardly ever...but I don't have it in my mind that I can NO LONGER enjoy my favorite foods. I love food too much to eliminate things entirely. I either find a healthier way to enjoy or just have it in smaller amounts and less frequency.

Edit: I don't eat anything from the gas station anymore. So I did give up cheap treats. If I must have chocolate or sweets...it will be REAL. And worth every.single.calorie!
  • citygurrrl
    citygurrrl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    NONE! I just choose not to eat them often. Once in a blue moon! That's the key! There is no need to completely eliminate ANY food. There are places I choose not to eat at anymore.. like Olive Garden.. and if I do I just stick to salad and soup... I used to LOVE their Alfredo until I learned how many calories it has! But that's not to say I'll never eat it again! :)

I totally agree with you!! I am eating healthier, so I deserve treats! I eat things that I have always eaten, just less often and in smaller portions. You can not stay on a program and deprive yourself! Everything in moderation.

21213245.png[/url]