Which food(s) have you given up completely?

Options

Replies

• haley6251993
    Options
    Fries
    Soda
    Cookies
    Cake
    Poptarts
    Chips
    Candy
  • mamavanryan
    mamavanryan Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Nothing!
    I believe giving up the things one loves completely is one of the reasons a lot of people can't keep up with their diet.
    Being aware what you eat, how much you eat and eating in moderation is the best way.
  • wonderstruck91
    wonderstruck91 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I just use more moderation than I used to. I feel like I'd limit my success if I cut out things I love entirely! That's just me though :)
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Nothing.

^This. Why give anything up? Food is to be enjoyed not avoided.
  • Wingwoman21
    Options
    Cheeze-its
    Pop-tarts
    White Flour
    Ice cream (swapped for frozen yogurt so at least I get those good little bacteria things lol)
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    White bread
    White pasta
    White rice
    Pizza that I didn't make at home
    Soda
    Alcohol
    Juice
    Coffee
    Ice cream
    Milk
    "Smoothies" that ended up being bad (i.e. Tropical Smoothie)
    Reese's Cups
    Kit Kats
    Chips
    Cereal
    Pop Tarts
    Other processed food
    Frozen foods, other than veggies
    Cottage Cheese
    Fried Food
    Potatoes, most of the time

I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of them right now.

EDIT: Some of this is due to be successful with PCOS and dieting. And most of it I don't miss.
  • Dsnyfrk921
    Dsnyfrk921 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Chicken Cutlets, Real NY Pizza, Chinese Food & Fast food!
  • CallyBeth08
    CallyBeth08 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Soda, though I never really drank it that often to begin with.

Mayo, now I just use mustard.

Beef, I only do ground turkey, ground chicken, or a mix of soy products.

Whole/ 2% milk, It's all Skim, 1% or soy now.

Chorizo, I'm hispanic and that is a tough one. I've decided a little once a year wont hurt.

White bread, Only whole grain now! (Plus whole wheat actually helps with healthy hair, so thats a plus.)

Extra Sugar. I know certain foods have natural sugar, I still eat them, but anything added. I use splenda now when I need something extra, and thats it.

Orange Juice. Unless I freshly squeeze it. I read an article about how even the most organic freshly squeezed store brand Orange Juice, is actually a little over a year old. So all of the vitamins are gone, and the companies have to add more to them. Will have to find that article again and post it for everyone to see what they make of it.

I've never like cake or brownies, so I had no problem there. Just portion control after that.
  • HeatherLaShae4
    HeatherLaShae4 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    ive not drank any soda in over 7 months! and ive also cut out white bread, only whole wheat now..
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    All breads, pastry, pasta and white potatoes. But only because they make me super bloated And give me stomach ache!
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm vegan for starters. Not for health reasons. But obv I don't eat anything non vegan. That eliminates a lot of candy and fried foods to be sure.

I also don't really ever eat anything cakey. Coffee cake, pound cake, muffins. Only on a verrrrry rare occasion. If I bake something for myself or happen to find yummy-looking vegan baked goods out at a coffee shop for example. I also don't eat potato chips.
  • Tippismom
    Options
    Completely? None. If there is something I really want, I plan for it and make the necessary adjustments. Lucky for me I don't like soda and booze so that is not a problem. I keep some dark Chocolate candies for the cravings. And for the salty stuff I accually count out or weigh the almonds and chips to stay within my limits. I think that this way I am forced to think about what is going in my mouth. If I say I can't have that, I want it all the more. Been doing this for about 2 months now and lost 18# so I guess it is working for me.
  • DeMayr
    DeMayr Posts: 67
    Options
    Nothing. It's all about calories in vs. calories out. People don't get fat from eating certain foods. They get fat from over-eating and not exercising.
  • allisonleigh11
    Options
    French fries, pastas, bread crumbs, chocolate :( mostly carbs
  • CynGoddess
    CynGoddess Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    anything that contains, processed white sugar, brown sugar, white flour, artificial sweetners, white potatoes, rice, pasta, fruit juice. corn , food coloring.
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Potatos
  • Gloria67648
    Gloria67648 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Nothing!
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    well, ya know? I didn't give up anything and don't plan on it.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    artificial sweeteners, including HFCS
  • skinnyone2012
    skinnyone2012 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    White sugar
    Flour
    Grains
    Dairy
    Soda