Which food(s) have you given up completely?

Options

Replies

• momofthreesons
    momofthreesons Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Pizza... to calorie/fat heavy. I want it but it's just not worth it to eat for me now. I think about ALL the other stuff I could have for those calories and can't make myself just eat the pizza! .... and I know if I buy a pizza I will eat it until ALL gone.. nope not going there!
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Ive only given up on going my local Chinese buffet, I cant justify spending $13 and only having a cup of this and a cup of that for that that price. Otherwise I have given up nothing.
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Chips
    Beer
    Fried foods

I will never give up chocolate.... No negotiations there!
  • johnshan93
    johnshan93 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    soda and bread
  • KarensCanDoIt
    KarensCanDoIt Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Starbucks -- I haven't been there since I started MFP and I don't miss it. I still have my coffee at home, but I have no desire for the fancy lattes or frapuccinos, etc. It was a daily ritual, and I'm glad I broke the habit. I figure I'm saving about $1300 a year just by not stopping at Starbuck's on the way to work.
  • Anu_mee13
    Options
    Soda/Bottled Juices

Candy

Beef/Pork

I'm working on chips, bread, and ice cream.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin pie.
    Of course, I've always hated it, so...
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Meat but not for weight loss purposes.

For weight loss I haven't given up anything and won't. The "bad" foods I love I will still have but will have smaller portions or get an extra workout in to give me the cals needed.
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Limited, certainly ... some very limited. Giving up entirely? Nothin'
  • jimvandam33
    jimvandam33 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Fried Food and Soda and FLuff
  • AmberNicoleSS
    AmberNicoleSS Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Soda and fruit juices. I make crystal light gallons for my family and I instead. It's just sweet enough with none of the guilt. :)

FIY: Did you know that if you add baking soda and peroxide to a 1/4 bottle of MT. Dew you will have a homemade GLOW stick (or bottle)?

That alone makes me never want to touch that stuff!
  • Lissyangel30
    Options
    Definitely giving up the drive thru is the best one all around! I refuse to buy take out at all anymore. I cook at home and save so much money and guilt. I've also given up dairy and fried foods.
  • Treesy72
    Treesy72 Posts: 230
    Options
    Wheat in all it's forms. and refined sugar.
  • chasecarlt0n
    Options
    Dairy
    Red Meats
    Most sugar (but thats hard to get away from)
  • galecolleen
    Options
    fast food. this has always been my biggest weakness...if i allow myself to have it just once, i think it will open a door to making more bad choices. So, I haven't had any in 5 weeks! And i don't even miss it!
  • bailuna
    bailuna Posts: 56
    Options
    I don't eat chips, cookies, or ice cream. Chips were the hardest to give up. But I'd sit down with a bag of them and eat the whole thing .. so they're one of my weakness foods and that's the only reason I cut them out completely.

No more fast food, because it's another weakness. I friggin' love McDonalds.

Everything else, I wouldn't mind having once in awhile.

Soda, I drink once a week .. when I used to be drinking at least 2-3 a day.
  • mszebra
    mszebra Posts: 94
    Options
    I didn't give up anything so far. I believe in evreything in moderation. I don't want to deprive myself and then end up gaining the weight back in the end.

this.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Not because of MFP, but:

Mayo
    Most dairy, I still eat yogurt
    Meat, except fish
    Alcohol
    Most processed foods (all junk food)
    All fast food
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    For medical reasons I have given up meat, eggs and dairy (all make me quite naseous/dizzy and set off my IBS) and gluten because of Celiac disease.

So that also means I gave up donuts, cookies, anything breaded, pizza....the list goes on.

I also can't have anything overly greasy/oily, so very lmited chips, fast food french fries etc.
  • whinney2u
    Options
    I haven't really given up anything. I just measure things more closely. I have found that I have underestimated most of my serving sizes in the past. What I thought was one serving turned out to be 2 or more. So now I am trying to stick to the right portion sizes. I also always ask myself "Is it really worth the calories?" If not I dont eat it. There are times when I do crave some "junk". I have found that those times a small portion of the junk food is worth the calories because if I don't eat something I am really craving I tend to overeat other things trying to satisfy the craving. Good luck to you in obtaining your goals.