Which food(s) have you given up completely?

Options

Replies

• shellisugar
    shellisugar Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    None. All things in moderation.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Soda...

And things that make me wonder "What the hell is in it?"

Like...juice that isn't 100%. I mean, if it's only 1% juice, or contains NO juice...how the hell is it lemonade?!?!?!

I've given up alot of processed foods. I don't miss it.
  • histwinkletoes
    histwinkletoes Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    soda!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Nothing.
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    the drive through.
  • vallemic
    vallemic Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    None.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I haven't really given up anything. I just eat things in moderation now. I do not drink diet soda anymore though. My doctor told me if I had a soda craving (which is very rarely anymore) it was actually better just to have a regular soda then a diet one.
  • insanemommy03
    Options
    I have given up my pepsi and bread and almost all carbs.
    I really miss my pepsi!! I haven’t even drank diet!!! I am doing wonderful and feel much better and less bloated!!
  • SwtMelissa86
    Options
    coke
    fried foods
    cheese
    chips
    candy
    and pretty much everything else that tastes good.... :sad:
  • mrsevanrust
    Options
    Potatoes- Specifically mashed, covered in Fried chicken gravy..... which leads me to my number two- Fried Chicken.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I not longer eat pizza or anything deep fried. 'Everything in moderation" doesn't really work well for me....

I've had them once or twice in the last year, but they a) don't really taste as good as they used to anymore, and b) tear my stomach up so bad its just not worth it!
  • bholmes21
    bholmes21 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Milk Chocolate
    Fried Food
    Soda
    Beef & Pork [Trying to work my way to vegetarian for health and clean eating]
    Fast Food [McD's, Wendy's Sonic, etc.]
    Cow Milk [Almond Milk instead]

I try to eat clean and unprocessed but sometimes it is easier said then done! At "worst" I try to keep things in moderation. :)
  • yvonnedreadhead
    yvonnedreadhead Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    fizzy drinks
  • Misslisat
    Misslisat Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Pop (including diet)
    Pizza (it's been over 5 months)
    Fast food in general.
    Red meat (and I love a good steak).
  • AliJelliBelli
    Options
    Never have drunk soda/ squash etc. I've stopped eating food with no nutrional value - so crisps, sweets, chocolate, biscuits etc. I had half a piece of birthday cake on the weekend for my friends 5 year olds birthday - seemed rude to refuse children's birthday cake!

Everything else in moderation.
  • jonwv
    jonwv Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    deep fried foods...
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Anything with HFCS in it. That stuff gives me horrible stomach cramps.
  • stefanieceleste0530
    stefanieceleste0530 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    None!! Although I haven't had a Pop Tart since I started MFP and going to the gym. I think I'm just annoyed that a "serving" is only one Pop Tart. Who eats just one Pop Tart? There are two in the package for a reason. *sigh* :ohwell:
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Breaded and fried anything plus any greasy type of pizza with meat on it. My stomach just cant handle it anymore and honestly I don't miss the stuff!
    I love my grilled lean meats like salmon, chicken, shrimp and homemade veggie pizzas now and, honestly, they have a lot more flavor anyway.
    I forgot about these,, just about anything canned or boxed due to the sodium content. Most frozen items except for fruits and veggies, McDonalds fillet o fish sandwich, Whoppers, pretty much any fast food except for Subway and Taco Bell. I can no longer eat biscuits and gravy, which I loved and still do, but it messes up my stomach too. :( Storebought salsa is horrendously high in sodium so I make my own without any sodium at all and it tastes sooo much better.
    I basically have to prepare all of my food due to the sodium (high blood pressure). I hated it at first because it does take a lot of prep work but I'm getting used to it.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say nothing, because in the year and a bit on MFP, I have had very little. Anything fried.