Which food(s) have you given up completely?

Options

Replies

• karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    soda - and almost anything not home prepped. i'll eat at a sit down resturant but fast food i avoid - which seems really easy to do since i don't seem to crave it the healthier i eat...

soda just makes me feel bloated & heavy...
  • CharliesAngel1
    CharliesAngel1 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Diet soda
    Anything with artificial sweetner
    Most proccessed foods
  • nikkitodhunter
    Options
    Orange juice (basically all fruit juices, actually). Wayy too many calories from sugar for something that provided very little except a tasty accompaniment to toast in the morning (and very other time of day...i used to drink SO much juice!)
  • Alicemarieed
    Alicemarieed Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Anything with wheat in.doctors advice.which means no bread pizza pies and cakes :-((
  • TonyM1984
    TonyM1984 Posts: 267
    Options
    Soda and fruit juices. I make crystal light gallons for my family and I instead. It's just sweet enough with none of the guilt. :)

FIY: Did you know that if you add baking soda and peroxide to a 1/4 bottle of MT. Dew you will have a homemade GLOW stick (or bottle)?

That alone makes me never want to touch that stuff!

Awesome, im going to try that tonight!
  • SparkleHorse224
    SparkleHorse224 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    A good question!
    I don't eat fast food except the occasional trip to Moe's.
    I have almost totally cut out bread (and that was hard because I love bread. I used to make bread at home all the time....sadness...). I am cutting down on cokes and I'll do diet once a day or so (I'm from the South - it's ALL COKE to us lol).
    No desserts unless it's a special occasion like a birthday.
    NO highly processed foods.
    No red meat (which has more to do with the inflammation markers than the calories).
    I haven't given up alcohol completely but I make sure I have the calorie budget for either a glass of wine or a G&T with diet T.
    I do put EVERYTHING into my little calorie counter.
  • whinney2u
    Options
    I am with you on the chocolate. I love my chocolate. I allow myself a few hershey kissed, or a few squares of a hersheys bar. I have found that sugar free chocolate pudding helps with the chocolate craving.
  • hijude57
    hijude57 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I don't want to feel deprived.
  • ginutza_f
    Options
    Congratz...HOW DID YOU DO IT?
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    None!! Although I haven't had a Pop Tart since I started MFP and going to the gym. I think I'm just annoyed that a "serving" is only one Pop Tart. Who eats just one Pop Tart? There are two in the package for a reason. *sigh* :ohwell:
    Annoying isn't it. I haven't given up anything totally. There foods I avoid that a for me triggers to overeating, like mashed potatoes.
  • ginutza_f
    Options
    CONGRATZ! HOW DID YOU DO IT?
    Which food(s) have you given up completely that you just love or used to love?

For me:
    French fries
    Milk Chocolate
    Breaded Chicken
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    nothing If I want it I eat it but I do messure or weigh it now so I know how much I`m eatting and can acount my day for it ( moderation )
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Completely? Nothing.

But my days on a grain-based diet are long gone.
  • SMP151
    SMP151 Posts: 32
    Options
    I haven't given up anything completely. I just cut back or eat things in moderation. I'd rather eat what I want in moderation than binge on it later on. I just log my food and stay within or close to the recommended numbers.
  • sleepyjean88
    sleepyjean88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    So much that just makes me feel ill now,

Chips
    Crisps
    Indian food (I used to adore kebabs now they set off my IBS)
    Sweeties
    Chocolate
    Cake
    Alcohol I'll have once in a blue moon but I've always been that way.
  • Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of specifics, but in general: anything I don't deem worthy of their calorie density: candy bars, doughnuts, fried food, etc. I will still eat calorie dense nutritious food, like avocados and nuts.

I just try to make better choices overall. Not for weight loss reasons, but health reasons.
  • mrsoz22
    mrsoz22 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've sworn off baked goods and most sweets, at least for the time being. I have finally realized I can't control myself with them!
  • TonyM1984
    TonyM1984 Posts: 267
    Options
    CONGRATZ! HOW DID YOU DO IT?
    Which food(s) have you given up completely that you just love or used to love?

For me:
    French fries
    Milk Chocolate
    Breaded Chicken

Fries - I just skip them and I eat "healthy" snacks throught the day to not be tempted to order fries
    Milk chocolate - I dont buy it and I stopped going into a coworkers office who would always offer me some hersheys
    breaded chicken, i just ask my wife to bake instead of bread the chicken
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Pizza... to calorie/fat heavy. I want it but it's just not worth it to eat for me now. I think about ALL the other stuff I could have for those calories and can't make myself just eat the pizza! .... and I know if I buy a pizza I will eat it until ALL gone.. nope not going there!
    I'm the same way with pizza but I made up a recipe, kind of like a margharita pizza, that I make from scratch. I use (healthy) tortillas, homemade pizza sauce, finely shredded and less mozzerella cheese and then I put TONS of red/yellow/orange bell peppers and mushrooms on it. It's delicious, low fat and a very GOOD substitute.
    I also buy Palermo's frozen margharita pizzas and add my own veggies. They are meatless and only have about 490 cals for HALF a regular sized pizza! It's kind of high in sodium but enjoy every bite and still get that pizza fix without blowing my cals for the day.
    Message me if you'd like my recipe in detail!
  • LeslieSJR
    Options
    Soda, most conventional candy (I do chocolate almonds to get the sweet tooth settled down), the majority of animal products.