Which food(s) have you given up completely?

Options

Replies

• RobHuskinson
    RobHuskinson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    mostly diary!
  • MSimm62385
    MSimm62385 Posts: 227
    Options
    Only candy. I still have everything else, just in moderation.
  • brocflores
    brocflores Posts: 111
    Options
    None! I feel I can eat anything in moderation. I always follow the portion control rule and fall w in my calories for day :)
  • Tynen
    Tynen Posts: 5
    Options
    Anything with sugar/carbs
  • dottheallison
    Options
    None.

I just eat less of the things that are my weakness and far less frequently than before. If it fits into my calorie limit, I'll eat it. The difference is that instead of eating practically an entire bag of Doritos in one day, I'll have one single serving bag (1 oz.) once or twice a week, instead.

THIS.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    None. There are just some foods I eat very rarely now.
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    NONE! Don't believe in it...
  • CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Fried Chicken. But it was gross anyway
  • mbk830
    mbk830 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Soda - It's not that I would never drink it again, but not on a regular basis. It just seems not beneficial to my goals.

I gave up peanut butter for several months as it was my biggest trigger food. I'm quite pleased to say that I now have it back in the house and am completely capable of using it in moderation.
  • Frood42
    Frood42 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up any foods completely, I just have less of certain food items.
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I've given up take out food.

Everything else, I have in limited moderation.
  • lurkerling
    Options
    All fast foods, all junk foods. But my reasons are mainly health and politics related. Some people just have no idea what kind of crap goes into heavily processed foods like these. I also stay away from heavily processed foods in the home. When I have options, and I always make sure I do, I choose the more natural, whole foods, always. It's not rocket science, it's just sensible. Your body is a system, as much as people think food is out there to be enjoyed, that's not the way the body was meant to function. I eat healthy to keep my body functioning to the best of it's ability, and as long as I keep my hunger down with small meals throughout the day I don't feel as much temptation for bad foods anymore.
  • Maria_T007
    Maria_T007 Posts: 107
    Options
    Red meats and alcohol
  • Exill
    Exill Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Pepsi. Most dairy. Candy bars, chips, candy <-- all tastes so cheap now.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese because of the sodium count. I'd eat a carton a day (about 1800mg). Really put a dent in my protein count.
  • Crissthetealcat
    Crissthetealcat Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I also have not given up anything completely.
    Limited:
    Pizza: Down to once or twice a month, thin crust only, smaller portions.
    White bread: Don't buy it at all but will eat a good french bread at special occasions.
    Fast Food: Down to once every month or two - better than skipping breakfast, and I *love* jalapeno poppers! (Smaller portions when I do indulge.)
    Alcohol: Hardly ever keep it in the house any more. Limited to special social occasions. (Exercise, water, and a good night's sleep, rather than alcohol, have become my first response to a stressful day or week.)
    Crackers, chips, etc.: Don't keep them in the house, but will allow myself one serving at potlucks or dinner parties.
  • rtuffey
    rtuffey Posts: 10
    Options
    Pizza
    sweets
    fried foods
    tater chips
    orange juice
    fast food
  • bobbymathews
    bobbymathews Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    With few exceptions, I've given up sweet tea (it's a Southern thing), coffee, sodas, beer, liquor, wine. It's pretty much exclusively water now. Almost everything else is up for grabs. In moderation, of course.

I may make an exception on occasion, but it's a rare thing.
  • hottiebikerchick
    hottiebikerchick Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    ALL soda pop
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I didn't give up anything so far. I believe in evreything in moderation. I don't want to deprive myself and then end up gaining the weight back in the end.

I believe in everything in moderation too. If I were to have to deprive myself I'd never succeed.

However, I have seriously limited take away pizza and alcohol, oh and TGIs too. I was shocked by how calorific TGIs actually is and take away pizza! Don't get me started on that. I remember one fateful day when I had pizza, chicken wings and garlic bread with cheese and I went waaaaay over my calorie limit for the day and that was just in one meal!!