Sexual Question.....thoughts really wanted!

Options
misslegz
misslegz Posts: 196 Member
Hello....this is a sexual question and I figured no better place to ask then this website with others that I hope are going thru the same thing.

I have lost 75 lbs and since losing the weight my sex drive has increased......not a little....a lot! I don't think my husband was expecting such a change. I know he loves it but I know he is not used to it and is quite surprised by it all.

Granted losing the weight I feel a lot sexier and want to be with my husband even more.

Please tell me there are others out here that are experiencing this too.

Replies

• hfzimmerman
    hfzimmerman Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have a high drive anyways but mine does increase a lot!! When I'm smaller because my body is healthier and because I feel better about myself
  • rpounds1957
    rpounds1957 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    From a male perspective, yes my libido has increased. I'm older (55 next month) and had chalked up my slowing down to my age. But with the weight loss, I've really gotten revved up. Of course, my little woman loves it. Personally, I think it is a product of several things, one being that I feel better overall, my health is better, therefore that should transfer over to the bedroom. Also, I feel better about myself. I feel . . . hmmm . . . I don't know . . . sexier? Maybe that's it. And to be graphic, my junk looks different because of the weight loss which is also a bit of a thrill - or a turn on . . . whichever. Regardless, I'm happy and so is my lovely lady.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Yes, because your confidence has increase. You feel sexier!

Same here. Plus I was having some hormonal issue that were correct by medication and some weight loss.

I prefer my sex daily.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Mine has been much higher since I started working out / losing weight... it kinda sucks after a while, honestly. :sad:

There are pros and cons, but yeah. It's frustrating when things are reversed and you feel like you're the one constantly begging for it, while your other half is groaning about being too tired...
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Yes! I thought I was the only one.I think my hubby thought with all the working out and eating 'less' that I wouldn't have the energy to have sexual type fun as much. He's gotten more used to it now, as the weeks go by I'm more and more comfortable in my own skin, and feeling the stamina increase in terms of certain aerobic exercises that may be a little harder to get into!
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Yeah, like crazy. We broke a record went 9 times last weekend.

Gotta eat more celery...
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Yep, it has happened here too...
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Yep it happens, partly because you are fitter and healthier but also a big part is self confidence. A lot of people have found their libido has improved.

Great isn't it? :laugh:
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I think it is from being more confident...................

Some of my supplements also make the boy stand tall
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    At least for me, my sex drive is related to how sexy I feel. Therefore, the skinnier I am, the sexier I feel. I have had this same discussion with my sister who has noticed the exact same thing.
  • Stephanie_Autry
    Stephanie_Autry Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You're feeling confident- it's natural to feel good about yourself and feel sexy. I've always had a high sex drive, but now I'm no longer shy about my body. Losing all the weight makes you feel like you want to show it off to your significant other. It's a great feeling that I know longer feel like I need to go with the lights out, because I was ashamed of the way I looked. :smile:
  • LisaD1025
    LisaD1025 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! YES!! My "drive" goes through the roof when I am feeling better about myself and treating myself better (exercise and eating right).

From a biological standpoint, your body is telling you "Hey, I'm in pretty good shape, I'm getting healthy food and I'm working hard, I should probably bear children to ensure the survival of our species".

From a single woman's standpoint, it's just plain CRUEL!!!

LOL!!
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Yes Yes and Yes it went from almost never to now i want it 24/7
  • DinahLuneke
    DinahLuneke Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's true. Weight loss and increased sexual appetites go hand in hand. For me, I'm looking forward to losing my next 20 pounds so I can get that ol' feeling back - even stronger!
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    mine has stayed the same, i want sex. all. the. time.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I've actually experienced the opposite. I had a problematically-high sex drive when I was heavier and now it takes a lot to get there. However, I've received reports that the quality has increased dramatically on his end (and I'm never unhappy with it, haha).
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Just do it! LOL
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I think it is from being more confident...................

Some of my supplements also make the boy stand tall

lol...you never fail to make me laugh superstar :laugh:
  • misslegz
    misslegz Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thank you - this made me giggle!! There must have been something in the air last weekend!!!!
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Mine has gone through the roof. I think it's the weightloss and my age.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!