Fit N' Fun-Sized - WEEK 5!

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,971 Member
    Options
    Maybe we could do a separate Fit N' Fun Sized Weigh-In Thread that we could post to as we feel that we need it for accountability? That would definitely help me if you want to keep up the chart so we can continue our support of one another and I probably wouldn't miss as many people.

I liked the chart but I really like hearing from everyone and hearing about workouts, successes, bumps in the road, and general sharing (like weddings and new babies:bigsmile: :bigsmile: )

If you make a chart, that would be great, but even more important is that we keep checking in with each other......I know I can't do this alone.
    :heart: Barbie
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Hello all!!! I weighed in today and I weighed in at 159.6. That is 1.8 pounds more than last week. I'm not letting it get me down thought. I blame it on water retention. I did free weights this weekend and let me tell you I am sore. So I think its the muscles wanting water to repair. I did everything right so we'll see what next week brings. Other than that my weekend was pretty relaxing. It was definitely well deserved. I did book my trip to Hawaii in May. Very excited about that. Now its a waiting game for 4 1/2 months. Good time to get in better shape and hopefully buy a bathing suit. I think my goal for when I go to HI is be a size 8. I am currently a size 10 and I hope to lose 5 pounds by then. That would be wonderful!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    So excited! My sister had her baby yesterday and everyone is doing well. That means that they will be able to be at my wedding.

My goal weight for my new wedding date of January 30th is 120 and I am currently at 121.0. I will work on the other 10 pounds when I get back from my honeymoon.

Congratulations on becoming an auntie and i'm glad to learn everyone is doing well. Now unless something real crazy happens I don't see why you shouldn't make your goal weight by your wedding. Remember to stay focused and you'll be fine.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    My workout for today is complete. I did 50 minutes of Jillian's "No More Trouble Zones" dvd and will probably do it again on Friday. I don't what is going on today but no matter what I eat I still feel hungry. I absolutely hate days like these b/c being hungry is not a good feeling but I know that "this too shall pass". I just had my afternoon snack and I'll drink some water and pray that helps.

Have a great day everyone.
  • jandie
    jandie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Today is our 13th Wedding Anniversary. I haven't been very good today. Work was busy, my students were testing me left and right, but what can I expect after winter break - one day back and 3 snow days. Then my kids had music lessons and my son had musical and basketball practice, plus an hours worth of homework tonight. It feels like I've been running since 3:30!

Choco - I've felt hungry all day too. I don't think I drank enough water. I'm going to bed soon, or I'll regret it and eat a box of cereal.

Cherie - Hawaii! Wow! I'm jealous! Sounds like great incentive to me! Don't think of it as a waiting game but a great motivator! ;-)

Barbie - I'm with you. I enjoy seeing how everyone is doing and supporting each other more than seeing our progress on a chart.

Marilla - You have much to be excited about and thankful for! You're so close to your goal I have no doubt you'll be right where you want to be for your wedding!

Cereal is my snack of choice, and not on the menu tonight...

Sleep well ladies!

297898.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Options
    Normally I'd tell everyone getting snow to send it to New Mexico (where I am), but I just finished shovelling the last foot from the driveway and need a week to get over it.

It's snowing in strange places this week. Next week sent it my way.

JAM

Wow, I am originally from ALbuquerque, back when I was there that would have shut us down for days!!!

Breezy - It did!

I live in the mountains east of Albuquerque. Red or Green?

Oh green, and I miss being able to get it!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    jandie, I'm with you on the subject of cereal........After months of very careful and mindful eating, I found myself eating Kashi Go Lean Crunch right out of the box and couldn't believe i was doing it :laugh: I estimated the amount of cereal I had eaten, logged it on my food diary and tried to ride the exercise bike long enough to burn off all the calories.......then i put the cereal on the top shelf and didn't allow myself to have it at bedtime for a week......the binge monster is still lurking inside me waiting to attack.
    congratulations on your 13th Anniversary :heart: :bigsmile: :heart: :bigsmile: :heart: :bigsmile:
  • breezy81
    Options
    Ugh, I need a push, I have hit a wall AND have TOM at the same time. Trying to control my eating and workout but having a hard time. I am going to L2D3 of shred while my daycare kids nap and hit the treadmill. Getting to switch gyms, the new one has better hours so maybe Iwill be able to get there more often!!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    2day is a special day, it is a day that everything will go my way, 2day is the day that I was born, Its my birthday yall, I GOT IT GOING ON, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY, IT'S BIRTHDAY!!! From January to December everyone has a day they wanna remember, whether turning 21 or 95, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY, come on and get live, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!. I turned 37 today and I'm feeling and looking good.

I began my day w/many text messages and phone calls with birthday wishes from friends and family. I went to the gym and ROCKED IT. I was able to burn 361 calories on the treadmill and 284 on the elliptical for a total 645 calories. After that I spent about 10-15 minutes in the sauna (pure bliss) and topped it off w/a banana & strawberry protein shake. I'm feeling real good.

Have a great day ladies!
  • breezy81
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!! Live it up you rock! And right on for celebrating it, so many women hide their age, I say annouce it and be proud
    !!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Thank you Breezy, I definitely embrace each and every birthday. My mother use to say "I'm not getting older, I'm getting BETTER!!!!!"
  • breezy81
    Options
    I love that, I always celebrate because hey, I'm damn lucky to be alive!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    I definitely thank God for everyday he allows me, so, I totally understand.
  • jandie
    Options
    I definitely thank God for everyday he allows me, so, I totally understand.

Happy Birthday! Saying a special prayer for you today! You are a blessing to us all!

Thanks be!

J.

297898.png
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Jandie – Happy Anniversary! 13 years is a long time these days.

Breezy – The green chili crop was short this year. We expect shortages. :sad: :sad: :sad: :frown:

Chocolickkyss – HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! It sounds like you had a nice day.

Barbie - I like the new picture and love the sweater.

Our noon yoga class started back up again at work. It's been over a year since we've had enough sign up for it and an instructor that will come to our building. It was really nice to be back with the old group again. It's only 2 days a week, but it will still be fun and worthwhile.

Have a great evening everyone and here's hoping we all make good choices.

JAM
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Choco HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

somebody told me that what you do on your birthday you'll do all year long, so if that's true then you'll be happy, loved, and staying fit all year :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: JAM---thank you for your kind words......how cool that you wlll have a yoga class at your work

:sad: :sad: :sad: I had one snack too many today so if I want to stay under my calories and still have oatmeal and applesauce at bedtime, I'll have to get back on the exercise bike or do a Leslie Sansone for 20 minutes........
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    I really want to thank everyone for the birthday wishes. I had an absolutely wonderful day and allow I'm a bit sore from my intense workout today I feel good overall in body and spirit.

Barbie, I really hope you're right about the statement of what you do on your birthday you'll do all year long b/c today was a great day. I really can't go wrong w/being happy, loved and fit. Congratulations also on only being one pound away from your goal weight.:flowerforyou:

I just want to thank you all again, I really have come to love this site and the network of friends that I am making along the way. Thank you for the support.

By the way, I went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner and because I checked out the nutrional informations prior to going I was able to eat a nice hearty meal AND remain well w/in my allotted calories. I ate the Black peppered shrimp dish which consists of spicy shrimp, white rice (I asked for brown but that don't make it), black beans, plantains and a mango salsa. There was a total of 1100 calories for the entire meal (and they give you ALOT) so before I even took my first bite I asked for a to go box and placed half of eat in the box and placed it to the side.:smile::smile: :happy: :smile: :happy: I only drank water and I didn't even have a desire for cheesecake.
  • jandie
    Options
    Jam - Yoga sounds like fun! I think I'll call the Rec Center tomorrow and see what they have. :happy:

I'm also curious about Zumba. Does anyone have any advice?

Barbie - I've told my kids that I'm not buying any more cereal. Ok, my exact words were "we might be a small box for special occasion - ie., sleepover or going to Grandma's but that's it, don't even ask!" I didn't eat any last night, but... if I have a moment of weakness it's all over.

Oh, I forgot to tell you, my DH got us a new scale for our anniversary. How romantic, right??? LOL! He's working SUPER hard on his weight loss. I'm really proud of him. But guess what!? Our old scale was weighing 2 pounds light. SO NOW, I have 2 more pounds to lose! UGH! I'm not posting any change until that 2 pounds is off! :ohwell:

If you're struggling, chin up, tomorrow's a new day and I'm here to support you, however I can. :flowerforyou:

If you're striving, keep up the great work and please share your successes! You inspired me! :drinker:

I'm somewhere in the middle, just hoping to see the sun tomorrow!

297898.png
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Jandie, I meant to say happy anniversary. I hope you and DH enjoyed the day.
  • breezy81
    Options
    Breezy – The green chili crop was short this year. We expect shortages. :sad: :sad: :sad: :frown:

Have a great evening everyone and here's hoping we all make good choices.

JAM

The only way I can get it is in a can from Old El Paso :( and we all KNOW New Mexico has better green chili then Texas LOL
    I miss the guys roasting on the corners, when the whole town smelled spicy...that and The Frontier and Old Owl Cafe restraunts