Wii Etc (Fit, Fit Plus, EA....) Team for January

Options

Replies

• literaryshots
    literaryshots Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Awesome goal. So which of the games do you like best? I have the fit plus but at trying to decide which I might buy myself next.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Love my Wii Biggest Loser, and if you're looking to get your butt owned, definitely look into Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Hi, All! Happy Sunday.
    Today I did 15 mins on My Fitness Coach, did not burn to many calories because it was flexibility, but it was more like a good warm-up to my WF+. I did 30 mins today, mainly doing the free run and some hula hoop. Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday.
  • teetee1281
    Options
    Love my Wii Biggest Loser, and if you're looking to get your butt owned, definitely look into Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010.

Do you ever have a problem with the game not registering your movements? I had the 2009 version and I found it really frustrating, and traded the game in. I'm debating which game to buy: EA Active, JMFU 2010, or BL. Any input?
  • VicWiggers
    Options
    Hello All,

I joined the site yesterday and am going to crack my Wii fit out today and do some exercise!

Any sugguestions of what is most enjoyable? I got he Wii Fit for Christmas but haven't hada chance to play yet as I have been away.

Vic xx
  • kcnurse
    Options
    I just got the Wii Fit...I did the hula hoop game and the one where you flap your arms like a bird...LOL
    Let me tell you...I was sore! No kidding it really works. The rhythm kung fu is fun and really works you too. Good luck!
    happy Wii'g.....
  • teetee1281
    Options
    Vic: If you are just starting with the Wii, you will have to unlock some of the activities. Most of us, always talk about rhyming boxing, hula hoop, and step. Today, I took on the free run, running around in circles in my bedroom because it drives me crazy to run in place. Hope you enjoy your Wii!

KC: I know how you feel about the Bird's eye Bull eye game. And then when you open up the advanced one, boy your arms will be sore for sure! I didn't do too well with the rhythm kung fu, it scared me away, I did so bad the first time. :laugh:
  • AWWTOBESKINNY
    Options
    Yesterday I worked out on my wii fit plus Did 30 mins of free step and 30 mins of the island run. I also did some of the strength training. I worked my butt off. It is hard to run in place so I ran all over my house. I want to get the EA sports and the Biggest Loser games to try and see how they work.
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options

Do you ever have a problem with the game not registering your movements? I had the 2009 version and I found it really frustrating, and traded the game in. I'm debating which game to buy: EA Active, JMFU 2010, or BL. Any input?

I totally have this problem too! To the point where I will refuse to do the game anymore! It will register my movements during the running portions, but almost nowhere else! I was completely unimpressed!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Sorry I have be MIA from this thread for a couple of days! I got back on the wii after a couple of days break. Still worked out at Curves but didn't do wii. I missed it actually. I love the free run cause then I put on a movie or whatever and don't notice it as much.....Then I did some more kung fu....getting better but can't get over my 600 highest score. I will though! Did my routine of 23 minutes as well. I will be doing some more today.

Everyone have a great Sunday!
    Ann
  • teetee1281
    Options
    I totally have this problem too! To the point where I will refuse to do the game anymore! It will register my movements during the running portions, but almost nowhere else! I was completely unimpressed!

That's with the 2009 or 2010 version?
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Rachi10014 – Exercising on a rest day is very admirable. It shows your commitment to loosing and will make up for a day when you might end up skipping working out. Way to go!

Metamorphysis- Welcome! I love the free step and that is what I do most days. Mostly, because I can watch TV while I’m doing it. I hope you make all your January goals, but mostly #3 and #4!

VicWiggers – Welcome! What a great Christmas present. I like the boxing, the step choices and the Yoga.

Ann- Is that a new picture? Or I should say an old picture just posted? Tell us about it.

When I have problems with the Wii registering movement, I change where I'm holding the thing or I put new batteries in it. That usually seems to help. Also, I realign where I am and make sure I'm in a better line sight.

I haven't gotten on the Wii yet today. I am bringing my son and his friend swimming so that will be most of my exercise today. I was just informed by one of my daughter's teachers that I volunteered to help drive HS kids ice skating tomorrow. I know it will hurt, but heck, if I'm going to be there for 2 hours, I'm skating too. I hope they rent double runners in my shoe size.

Have a great Sunday everyone,

JAM
  • 00angelina00
    Options
    I'm new to myfitnesspal, and recently learned of a 2nd pregnancy :) My 6 year old has the Wii Fit Plus and I'm hoping to incorporate that into my daily routine. It's nasty outside where I'm from, and am looking for indoor things to keep me going (and dry!).
  • eclairuk
    eclairuk Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

I managed a bit of Wii today. 15 minutes Wii fit plus doing the running (55 cals). 21 minutes on EA Active (110 cals).

So far so good. Weigh in tomorrow!!!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
  • siberiankiss
    Options
    Am I too late to join? :)

I'm new here - I've had my WiiFit plus for a week, and have done one hour on it everyday, which I intend to keep up. So far I've GAINED weight, but this is because my legs and bum have toned up nicely - and muscle is heavier than fat. I expect to start seeing a loss in a week or two's time. :)
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Just finished my Wii BL workout. Burned 505 cals total. 45% of it was fat. Thank you, my little HRM!

Was tempted to do some running on WF+, but have company coming over soon and need to do a little house work.
  • Boston01810
    Boston01810 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Today= 20 mins on the treadmill
    then 35 mins on the Wii
    Then started to check out the Jillian 2010 Wii exercise.... I need to understand this one more
  • lisa1515
    lisa1515 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have every wii exercise game out there lol.

I love the EA active more workouts the best. I do 30 mins of step aerobics on hard and hope to be able to get it done everyday
  • Boston01810
    Boston01810 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Is the EA Active more strenuous than the Wii Fit Plus?
    The aerobics on the Wii Fit Plus do not seem to push one hard enough.
    Please advise.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Hadn't gotten on my wii since thursday ugg...scale is way to much today :(

I actually ended up trading in BL today. I just didn't like it that much, i like ea active soo much better along with the wii fit +. My husband got a psp and daughter a ds today. Anyway, can't decide if i should get another fitness wii game, or get something else.