No More Excuses - Week 10

Options
1234568»

Replies

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Well I am back today. Back to the excerising and eating well. Having trouble deciding whether to do treadmill today or boot camp, still really havent' decided. Need to burn alot of cals to make up for not doing anything yesturday. Yesturday was a good day, but did not eat well, and drank to many beer. Going to take my son skating today, so will burn some extra cals there (but do not count them), then we play volleyball tonight. Will just have to guess how many cals burn there, not really safe to wear watch there. Well I hope everyone has a good day. Will check back in after lunch, after my workout. Once I decide what to do.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Well my weight is up 3.5 pounds and since I can't exercise on my foot and the weather is raining and more rain, all I want to do it eat, so that is not a surprise. Oh well, this is a new week, still no exercise but I can watch what I eat. I think I will have to bite the bullet and the bill and go have it looked at. I have no insurance, didn't want to but it really hurts.

Have a great week and I will get the chart up soon!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Well my weight is up 3.5 pounds and since I can't exercise on my foot and the weather is raining and more rain, all I want to do it eat, so that is not a surprise. Oh well, this is a new week, still no exercise but I can watch what I eat. I think I will have to bite the bullet and the bill and go have it looked at. I have no insurance, didn't want to but it really hurts.

Did I miss what was wrong with your foot. I remember you saying it was hurting but don't know if you ever let us know if you had it checked out. No matter....take it easy on it. I have a bad ankle so I can relate to the hurting. Broke my leg in 3 places and dislocated my ankle socket when I was an 8th grder, and it hasn't been the same since. Twirling on it some days can be a real challenge. Also the balance stuff on my right side for the wii just isn't very good. It is soooooo weak.

Hope it gets healed for you quickly. You have a very busy life style to have a bum foot!!!

See ya,
    ann
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options

Hey...I totally missed what happened to your foot. Did you hurt it running? Also I wanted to ask how you grandpa and daughter are doing.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Renae...Thanks! I appreciate your help with my HRM. I may just not really know what I am doing. Sounds like you have a busy and fun day. Enjoy!

Ann...Congrats on your weight loss!
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Amanda, I hope your foot feels better. I know about the no insurance thing and it sucks. Can you try going to a family clinic or urgent care in your area? Sometimes they have cheaper office visit rates, or the UC can even give you payment plans.

Why do I need a HRM? If I log my exercise here and MFP tells me what cals I burn, what else will the HRM do that MFP doesn't? I'm not being a smarty pants, I'm honestly asking -- cause I told hubs I need one and that was his question... and I didn't have an answer! LOL

I need mojo tonight! We had Christmas dinner with my best friend and her mom. We were all talking about desserts we love but couldn't have because we were all watching our weight and someone said "We should just say screw it one day and have a dessert party, where we can make anything and have anything we want for one night only." This week, my best friend went through a really tough break-up and decided to go ahead and have that dessert party tonight! So I need mojo that I will still be there for her, have a bite or two of some really delicious desserts (I'm making my wonderful, beautiful, so very yummy french vanilla and chocolate eclair -- that is SO bad for me) and not go overboard! This week's workouts are gonna make me sweat for sure!!

On a plus note, when I went to my doc for my weigh in on Friday, he told me that I'm doing excellent, and that I'm very close to being his star pupil. (I love my doctor!) He said that all of his patients on his program actually ended up gaining over the Christmas holiday, at least a pound or two, except for me. I am NOT bragging! I was worried sick that if I didn't make a good number this month, he might remove me from the program or give me a strike one, so I pushed and tried and worked out as much as possible near the end. Now, I think I can breathe a little easier knowing that I bought myself a little slack doing that! It's really nice to hear how well you're doing, you know? As a doctor, his Friday's are full of his weight loss people and he is so supportive and caring. He likes that I'm doing the Wii Fit plus, - he does it too. Maybe next month I should challenge him to a hula hoop throw down lol
  • renaegry
    Options
    Amanda, I hope your foot feels better. I know about the no insurance thing and it sucks. Can you try going to a family clinic or urgent care in your area? Sometimes they have cheaper office visit rates, or the UC can even give you payment plans.

Why do I need a HRM? If I log my exercise here and MFP tells me what cals I burn, what else will the HRM do that MFP doesn't? I'm not being a smarty pants, I'm honestly asking -- cause I told hubs I need one and that was his question... and I didn't have an answer! LOL

I need mojo tonight! We had Christmas dinner with my best friend and her mom. We were all talking about desserts we love but couldn't have because we were all watching our weight and someone said "We should just say screw it one day and have a dessert party, where we can make anything and have anything we want for one night only." This week, my best friend went through a really tough break-up and decided to go ahead and have that dessert party tonight! So I need mojo that I will still be there for her, have a bite or two of some really delicious desserts (I'm making my wonderful, beautiful, so very yummy french vanilla and chocolate eclair -- that is SO bad for me) and not go overboard! This week's workouts are gonna make me sweat for sure!!

On a plus note, when I went to my doc for my weigh in on Friday, he told me that I'm doing excellent, and that I'm very close to being his star pupil. (I love my doctor!) He said that all of his patients on his program actually ended up gaining over the Christmas holiday, at least a pound or two, except for me. I am NOT bragging! I was worried sick that if I didn't make a good number this month, he might remove me from the program or give me a strike one, so I pushed and tried and worked out as much as possible near the end. Now, I think I can breathe a little easier knowing that I bought myself a little slack doing that! It's really nice to hear how well you're doing, you know? As a doctor, his Friday's are full of his weight loss people and he is so supportive and caring. He likes that I'm doing the Wii Fit plus, - he does it too. Maybe next month I should challenge him to a hula hoop throw down lol

I find my HRM records higher calories then the site does. The site is just a general calculation. The HRM is personalized with your age, weight, and height. Hope this helps.

And congrats on being a start pupil.
  • renaegry
    Options
    Well I decided to hit the treadmill this morning. Went for 30 min and managed to do 2 miles, which is up from my 1.7 miles on Thursday. Managed to burn 423 cals. Still aiming for the 3500 cal burn this week. A little behind because I never worked out yesturday, but I still have volleyball tonight (which wont record on my watch so will just have to use site), and I do more then my 500 on aerobics days, so hopefully I can catch up. Time to go have some homemade beef barley soup. yum yum, and healthy as well.
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    No secret really, I'm just really determined to get skinny by the summer and i have been watching my diet and cut out alot of foods. Gave up soda all together. And working on getting rid of corn syprup all together. Finally got it out of my yogurt.

As for excercise, I have a really good running elliptical that has resistance. 10 levels to be exact. I am on 7 right now while running for an hour at a time most days. I don't have any excericise rest days. I am afraid of them because i don't think i am strong enough yet to give myself one and come back to my old routines. I also do biggest loser workout dvds everyday. I still cheat with cake when my grandmaw cooks but after i consume alot i really try to workout more than ever. I need to be stronger in that asset.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Well I decided to hit the treadmill this morning. Went for 30 min and managed to do 2 miles, which is up from my 1.7 miles on Thursday. Managed to burn 423 cals. Still aiming for the 3500 cal burn this week. A little behind because I never worked out yesturday, but I still have volleyball tonight (which wont record on my watch so will just have to use site), and I do more then my 500 on aerobics days, so hopefully I can catch up. Time to go have some homemade beef barley soup. yum yum, and healthy as well.

Can you post your recipe for the beef barley soup for me?
  • renaegry
    Options

Can you post your recipe for the beef barley soup for me?

Easy Beef Barley Soup

2 tsp. cooking oil
    1/2 lb extra lean ground beef
    1/2 cup mushrooms
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    1/2 cup chopped celery

2 tsp. flour

6 cups beef stock
    1 cup sliced carrots
    1 cup chopped potato
    1/3 cup pearl barley
    2 tbsp tomato paste
    1/4 tsp pepper (i use garlic pepper)

1 can of evaporated milk

Heat cooking oil in sausepan. Add next 4 ingrediants. Scramble fry for about 10 min until beef no longer pink. (I usually brown beef first then add other ingred, cant stand the fact that they are together with raw beef)

Sprinkle with flour. HEat and stir for 1 min.

Add next 6 ingrediants. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Simmer, partial coverd, for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally, unitl barley and vegetable are tender and soup is thickened.

Add evepoarted milk. Heat and stil for 1 - 2 min until heated through. Makes approx 7 cups.

1 cup = 186 cals, 6.3g fat (2.6g mono, 0.7g poly, 2.4g sat), 23 mg cholesterol, 20g carbs, 2g fibre, 12g protein, 793 mg sodium
  • cah0806
    cah0806 Posts: 112
    Options
    Hey guys! I know I've been MIA lately. I am feeling so tired and kind of depressed. No motivation to exercise and my appetite is unreal. I am now 9 weeks pregnant and have my first appt on Friday. Hope everything goes well. I am trying to find a balance b/w planning a wedding, planning for a baby, teaching, and attending school. Yes, amongst all this I started my Master's degree. Anyway, I am so proud of you who are sticking it out. I prefer not to weigh in, but would like to check in now and then to see how you're doing. Big hugs to you all! I've gained about 4 pounds already, but I think some of it is water retention. I can hope anyway!! Talk to you all soon. Thanks for checking on me...